Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    If that was the case, there would be less bad conctracts. Solomon hill 4/50 some. Luol deng is a steal. Hardaway, etc.
    Uhhhhh.....no. Teams line up to have the cap space to sign stars and this big FA class, they don't hit FA, suddenly a guy like Hill or Hardaway are in the top 15 available and teams got cash to burn. This 100% is the (well not 100% but a good part) of why there are bad contracts.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Uhhhhh.....no. Teams line up to have the cap space to sign stars and this big FA class, they don't hit FA, suddenly a guy like Hill or Hardaway are in the top 15 available and teams got cash to burn. This 100% is the (well not 100% but a good part) of why there are bad contracts.
    I guess I did forget to mention the fact that we were talking about NYK and LAL. Thats on me, doe.
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

This is not 18 year old Lebron you can try to build your team around. This is Lebron in his 30s where if he doesn't get a ring with your team in a year or two he's gone.

Ppl speculate where he is going every other year now. That tells you the pattern of this player is to join your team become the entire system for two years, force your gm to hand out bad contracts to appease him like Thompson and Jr Smith only to watch him bolt again.

Call me crazy but I actually think SOME teams will pass.

I personally think the best place for him now is with the Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    How do you know LeBron? Lmao, you're a fan and not his wife. Second, he admitted that he would take a paycut so what you say is already irrelevant. It would actually do him some good to take a paycut if he wants the team he needs to beat the Warriors. It's about money or legacy at this point. Can't choose both with how stacked the Warriors are.
    I followed lebron since 10th grade and with him playing on the cavs for many years ive seen pretty much all his interviews lol. I'm not his wife or his blonde side chick. Lebron complained for years that he wasn't the highest paid player on the roster and now "its my turn". I'd like to see that comment u talk about. He can say that if he wants, but he will not take a pay cut. Sig bet he takes the max this off-season?

The only time i heard him talk about taking less he was joking about paul, Wade, Lebron, Carmelo all playing together.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by NetsPaint View Post
    I've been wondering, what if LeBron tells the Cavs he wants to be traded because it's gone downhill that far with them, would the Warriors accept a LeBron for Draymond trade? I don't know if the Warriors would even do that for a 33 years of age LeBron, but it's LeBron. If I was in charge of the Warriors I'd be loyal, and also the Warriors are so great that I'd stick to what we have.
    Cavs would want more. Green is a nice player but he benefits from that system big time. I mean he's left open a lot and still can be very streaky. He's a real nice def player but only ok on offense.

Lebron will want the max dollars he could get. so a sign and trade could be possible if he decides to leave. I just can't wait for IT to get back. His energy is exciting and he's just in street clothes. i guess he's been bouncing off the walls to get back out there.

This will come off as a total homer post, but the more I watch this Rockets team, the more I think Lebron would be perfect here in Houston. He, Harden and Paul playing together would limit their minutes over the course of the season and make it so that there is almost always two of them on the floor at any given time. He would fill in Anderson's role as a stretch 4 perfectly, and he'd get fewer defensive attention than any team he's ever played on.

Defensively, Houston has enough length and quality defenders that he wouldn't be relied on to be the team's best defender every night. He could lurk more in the passing lanes and look for steals and transition opportunities, where he clearly thrives.

The tricky part would be finding the cap room, but I trust that Morey could find a way to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    This will come off as a total homer post, but the more I watch this Rockets team, the more I think Lebron would be perfect here in Houston. He, Harden and Paul playing together would limit their minutes over the course of the season and make it so that there is almost always two of them on the floor at any given time. He would fill in Anderson's role as a stretch 4 perfectly, and he'd get fewer defensive attention than any team he's ever played on.

Defensively, Houston has enough length and quality defenders that he wouldn't be relied on to be the team's best defender every night. He could lurk more in the passing lanes and look for steals and transition opportunities, where he clearly thrives.

The tricky part would be finding the cap room, but I trust that Morey could find a way to make it work.
    I don't even think it's being a homer anymore.

What team is second best team in league to challenge GSW? Houston.

One could argue Spurs but aside from Kawhi, their main guys are older.

Actually makes sense, would be a ridiculous fit and with Dantoni, the offense would be super dirty. Would be cool to see what Dantoni could do with the most talent, or close second to warriors. See if he could finally get his props
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 11-14-2017 at 07:19 PM.

I mean if Houston could clear the cap id say they have w chance for sure.

I think the biggest issue is going to the west period. Its a big reason I cant really see him going to lakers. Does he really wanna risk going anywhere closer to the warriors and possibly not making the finals?

Even w the celts wiz raps and (possibly) 76ers w a slight retooling he can get the cavs to the finals prolly for the rest of his career.

Idk. Gonna be an interesting offseason to say the least.

If Embiid stays healthy and keeps playing 30 plus minutes a game like he is you can pretty much say welcome to the sixers and a title lebron.... Simmons/Lebron/Embiid/Saric/Covington/Reddick/Holmes/Fultz.... My god.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    If Embiid stays healthy and keeps playing 30 plus minutes a game like he is you can pretty much say welcome to the sixers and a title lebron.... Simmons/Lebron/Embiid/Saric/Covington/Reddick/Holmes/Fultz.... My god.
    What's his motivation to play in Philly? Zero veterans. Zero postseason experience. Medium-sized market. There's at least 10 other destinations I'd pick ahead of the Sixers.

What's his motivation to play in Philly? Zero veterans. Zero postseason experience. Medium-sized market. There's at least 10 other destinations I'd pick ahead of the Sixers.
    Sorry but medium-sized market?

That's a bold faced lie:
    https://www.newsgeneration.com/broad...radio-markets/

Try #4 media market in America.

PROCESSING

This isn't an apple to apple comparison, but Melo in D'antoni's system wasn't utilized in a different way than any other stretch big, which is why Melo got disgruntled and got him kicked out. The point guard or lead guard is always the focus in D'antoni's schemes and every other player is subsidiary, regardless of the name attached. D'antoni doesn't seem like the type to make huge overhauls to his schemes so I'm not sure that it's a guarantee that Lebron would just fit in seamlessly and still be an integral part of the offense by design.

Lol we are a top 5 market... we are like number 2 right now in fan attendance... we are the most talked about team trending... we will have the playoff exp this year and we have a veteran in Reddick and Johnson... keep trying though

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast