Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 178
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    41,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The list also ignores fit. Is LeBron willing to change positions?

    GS is just silly to be anywhere on the list. They way they play and the cap space aside ... Is LeBron going to send KD to the bench? Draymond? What would be the sense in that? And what about LeBron's personality ... it wouldn't fit in the Warriors culture.

    Spurs would be strange ... Pop and a team team team approach with LeBron? And is he going to force Kawhi to change positions?

    Rockets I think is a money issue.

    If he moves the Lakers make the most sense.

    I do agree with the list in that chances are he stays in Cleveland just because there are few places that will work better for him.
    People will always make excuses as to why.

    In reality the list is teams with cap, about 2 teams with easy to shed contracts, and Cleveland. That's it. Houston has the Anderson/Capella situation. Thunder have Melos option and Melo/PG13 cap holds. Heck even the Lakers have issues with the Deng contract, Lopez Hold, and Randle contract. Lots of these "favorites" have some cap management to do in order to sign him.

    PROCESSING

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,682
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Lakers makes sense. But are Lakers willing to dump Kuzma or Ingram to dump Deng? Randle has no value since he's a RFA next summer. Clarkson could be considered negative value but still okay bench piece. Some team could eat him possibly. Yeah Suns could dump expiring Moose for Randle, Clarkson and a future first. Not many teams left with tons of capspace.
    I think it depends on the Lakers finding a tanking team to unload Deng on and keep their young core.

    They also want PG to join them and he's certainly still in play too.

    Randle has value ... restricted free agents often don't move. He could force their hand if he signs an offer right at the start of FA.

    PG, LeBron, Ball, Kuzma, Nance, Zubac, Ingram ... is that enough to get LeBron interested?

    One thing is certain. The Lakers and Cavs are going to have, shall we say, interesting offseasons.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

    I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

    The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,682
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    People will always make excuses as to why.

    In reality the list is teams with cap, about 2 teams with easy to shed contracts, and Cleveland. That's it. Houston has the Anderson/Capella situation. Thunder have Melos option and Melo/PG13 cap holds. Heck even the Lakers have issues with the Deng contract, Lopez Hold, and Randle contract. Lots of these "favorites" have some cap management to do in order to sign him.
    The Lakers issue seems fairly manageable ... Lopez and Randle are non-issues, the team can just renounce them if they want to. Deng, he's a bigger problem ... but even with his contract on the books they have near $50M in space.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

    I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

    The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    41,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The Lakers issue seems fairly manageable ... Lopez and Randle are non-issues, the team can just renounce them if they want to. Deng, he's a bigger problem ... but even with his contract on the books they have near $50M in space.
    I guess the issue I have with that one is still showing everyone but Deng and Randle; along with keeping Lopez. They are going to have to lose some of those guys to make it happen.

    PROCESSING

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22,761
    My guess two firsts or a guy like Kuzma or Ingram have to be in a Deng trade. Randle renounced or traded now to get a minor asset like a late pick from a playoff team? Yeah Laker got one max spot for a super star. But KCP and Lopez have to walk or take vet minimums to stay. Doubt they ready for pay cuts yet. Deng and Clarkson holding up landing second fiddle.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    41,647
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    My guess two firsts or a guy like Kuzma or Ingram have to be in a Deng trade. Randle renounced or traded now to get a minor asset like a late pick from a playoff team? Yeah Laker got one max spot for a super star. But KCP and Lopez have to walk or take vet minimums to stay. Doubt they ready for pay cuts yet. Deng and Clarkson holding up landing second fiddle.
    Agreed with all of that. And Brook Lopez is going his thing where it's time for another contract and he suddenly plays lights out. He's going to end up getting a big deal from someone else. KCP...who knows but I doubt he takes a min deal already. He's still quite serviceable.

    This is the price of doing the super team thing. Unless you luck out like the Dubs where you have a bunch of the good roleplayers already there and you can just use Bird Rights to retain them, you have to make major sacrifices. Like Bringing in Bron and PG13 likely means your bench is filled with broken down and end of career guys like the current Cavs. Then the slightest injury means starting some suboptimal players.

    PROCESSING

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    31,629
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Agreed with all of that. And Brook Lopez is going his thing where it's time for another contract and he suddenly plays lights out. He's going to end up getting a big deal from someone else. KCP...who knows but I doubt he takes a min deal already. He's still quite serviceable.

    This is the price of doing the super team thing. Unless you luck out like the Dubs where you have a bunch of the good roleplayers already there and you can just use Bird Rights to retain them, you have to make major sacrifices. Like Bringing in Bron and PG13 likely means your bench is filled with broken down and end of career guys like the current Cavs. Then the slightest injury means starting some suboptimal players.
    I doubt Lopez gets a huge deal. There just isn't the cap space available in the NBA anymore.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    41,647
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I doubt Lopez gets a huge deal. There just isn't the cap space available in the NBA anymore.
    Not a huge deal, but if the Lakers have the min on the table and another team puts a 4/$45mil on the table, at 29 and one last chance to cash in, which should he take?

    That 4/$45 is much more appealing.

    PROCESSING

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22,761
    Lopez doesn't seem to be a ring chaser yet. I could be wrong. But I think he wants one more big payday. Then after that a ring chaser. Also market gone dry with teams with tons of cap space. I bet Kanter picks up his player option as well. Moose picked his up last year for this season as well. All the agents know what cap is left in the league.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    41,647
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Lopez doesn't seem to be a ring chaser yet. I could be wrong. But I think he wants one more big payday. Then after that a ring chaser. Also market gone dry with teams with tons of cap space. I bet Kanter picks up his player option as well. Moose picked his up last year for this season as well. All the agents know what cap is left in the league.
    Yup. That's what else I would have added. It's not that teams aren't shelling out the cash, it's that when the spike happened too many teams overspent on long term deals and don't have the space to spend now.

    PROCESSING

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    31,629
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Not a huge deal, but if the Lakers have the min on the table and another team puts a 4/$45mil on the table, at 29 and one last chance to cash in, which should he take?

    That 4/$45 is much more appealing.
    IDK if he can get 4 for $45M because that requires cap space. Of the few teams with cap I just don't see Lopez being a priority or even want. LAL have their sights set higher. CHI, BRK, ATL don't seem like they'd be interested in him. I think he ends up with a MLE type deal.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    41,647
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    IDK if he can get 4 for $45M because that requires cap space. Of the few teams with cap I just don't see Lopez being a priority or even want. LAL have their sights set higher. CHI, BRK, ATL don't seem like they'd be interested in him. I think he ends up with a MLE type deal.
    But again, you hit on why I don't see him returning to LAL if they renounce him to chase 2 stars. Teams could offer a MLE, teams could offer more (I honestly could see SAS going for him, and I think they'll have space).

    PROCESSING

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12,227
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Yup. That's what else I would have added. It's not that teams aren't shelling out the cash, it's that when the spike happened too many teams overspent on long term deals and don't have the space to spend now.
    Isn't this year a great FA class? Makes sense to pick it up, let the big dogs get their $$ and hope that the next off-season some team thinks they are one piece away and massively overpay like the Bucks did with Bobby Simmons a number of years ago
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    41,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Isn't this year a great FA class? Makes sense to pick it up, let the big dogs get their $$ and hope that the next off-season some team thinks they are one piece away and massively overpay like the Bucks did with Bobby Simmons a number of years ago
    We say this year after year, then guys pick up their options, re-sign quickly, or just fall off a cliff and the FA class looks less impressive than it did before. I mean technically this past summers class was to looks great, then it fell off the cliff as guys did exactly what I walked about.

    PROCESSING

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12,227
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    We say this year after year, then guys pick up their options, re-sign quickly, or just fall off a cliff and the FA class looks less impressive than it did before. I mean technically this past summers class was to looks great, then it fell off the cliff as guys did exactly what I walked about.

    If that was the case, there would be less bad conctracts. Solomon hill 4/50 some. Luol deng is a steal. Hardaway, etc.
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •