Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 176
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12,188

    2018 Lebron Sweepstakes: Who ya got?

    Serious question?. I think that it is erroneous to think that he will return to the Cavs, when he has a golden ticket out- of a massive mess that he has created (well, a long with Gilbert). So while he is probably responsible for more than of the situation than we'd like to admit, he has a ticket out.

    So with that being said, I think its entirely valid to talk about which team will sign him. I don't see him returning.

    Lets break it down:

    Non-contenders:

    LAL ( switch the A with an O and it still means the same thing)
    Brooklyn
    ATL
    NYK
    Dally
    PHX (unless the bledsoe trade speeds things up like the GM says)
    Philly
    CHI
    INDY
    CHA
    DET
    UT
    LALC
    MEM
    ORL
    Wash
    SAC


    Maybe?

    NOP
    POR (Lill, MC, LBJ would be sexy)
    Den
    Miami (never count out Pat)
    Minny (do they have cap?)



    Immediate consideration:

    GSW: Not a doubt in my mind they are the favorite and most realistic spot
    HOU
    BOS
    Bos
    MKE
    SA

    I was tempted to put Boston in the maybe category. But really, it depends if Lebron would humble himself. And mend the relationship with Kyrie. But he seems so egotistical, that I feel like they are not a serious fit. The Bucks make a lot of sense because a core of Giannis, Middleton, Beldsoe, LBJ, and Broggy would be lit. Houston also makes a lot of sense on paper. and so does SA as who wouldn't like to play for pop. Yey I see GSW being the most realistic based on past trends on what we know about LBJ. And ya know what? LBJ has createda Big 3 before, so he has to be intrigued by creating a "Big 5". Not a doubt in my mind.


    Who you guys got?
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,891
    He's teaming up with BAE!
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

    Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12,188
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    He's teaming up with BAE!
    *playing second, third, or foruth fiddle* depends on who gets more touches between him, middleton and bledsoe
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,482
    You cant really think hes gonna join GSW...

    1.) Where does the money come from?
    2.) He wants to build a team to beat them
    3.) Honestly no one knkws where hes goin, he doesn't even know yet.

    But w as abyssmal as cleveland has looked so far i won't be shocked if he moves on.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    41,592
    How about narrowing down to the few teams with cap space first?

    PROCESSING

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12,188
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    How about narrowing down to the few teams with cap space first?
    Most teams can create apace by dumping contracts with future unprotected picks and players.
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12,188
    Quote Originally Posted by LA4life24/8 View Post
    You cant really think hes gonna join GSW...

    1.) Where does the money come from?
    2.) He wants to build a team to beat them
    3.) Honestly no one knkws where hes goin, he doesn't even know yet.

    But w as abyssmal as cleveland has looked so far i won't be shocked if he moves on.
    Money comes from lbj taking a vet min contract. I honestly think besting MJ in titles is more important to him than $$ when he makes tons on endorsements. I'm not so sure about #2. Is he competing with the warriors? Or MJ?
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12,188
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    He's still the best player in the world by a good margin.
    Knicks fans beg to differ
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    41,592
    Lots of teams are in the tax and would need to dump in the $40-50 mil of contracts to have the space. Wonít happen.

    PROCESSING

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    *playing second, third, or foruth fiddle* depends on who gets more touches between him, middleton and bledsoe
    He's still the best player in the world by a good margin.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

    Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    27,794
    Your list makes zero sense. You didn't account for fit, cap space or his actual motivations to play in those places. Assuming he doesn't want to play in LA is totally asinine. The guy lives there and clearly has an eye on a career after he retires, so moving out there now permanently and building on that career makes a ton of sense. I'd unquestionably put LA (whether it's the Lakers or Clippers) in my top five most likely destinations.

    Also, there's basically zero chance he ends up in Golden State. The guy knows how much the Heat move hurt his public image, and this would be even worse than that. Plus, they don't have remotely enough cap room to make this work, and unless they're willing to give up one of their core pieces, Cleveland has zero motivation to help them with a sign and trade.

    Assuming they can actually make cap room for him, Houston, Boston and San Antonio all actually make sense. But I love how you conveniently put Milwaukee into the conversation. Take your homer glasses off for a second: Why in the hell does Lebron go to Milwaukee? They're not remotely close to contention right now, he's not especially close to any of those guys and it's a ridiculously small market. I'd put his odds of ending up a Buck at less than 1 percent.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    27,794
    I just Googled it, and here are some Vegas lines on Lebron's likely destination in 2018-19:

    Cleveland Cavaliers +125
    Los Angeles Lakers +275
    Houston Rockets +500
    Minnesota Timberwolves +1000
    San Antonio Spurs +1200
    Golden State Warriors +1600
    Philadelphia 76ers +2000
    Oklahoma City Thunder +2500
    Boston Celtics +2500
    Charlotte Hornets +3300
    Miami Heat +3300
    New Orleans Pelicans +3300
    Milwaukee Bucks +3300
    Chicago Bulls +5000
    Los Angeles Clippers +5000
    Denver Nuggets +5000
    Washington Wizards +5000
    Memphis Grizzlies +5000
    New York Knicks +5000
    Portland Trail Blazers +6600
    Toronto Raptors +6600
    Atlanta Hawks +10000
    Brooklyn Nets +10000
    Dallas Mavericks +10000
    Detroit Pistons +10000
    Indiana Pacers +10000
    Orlando Magic +10000
    Phoenix Suns +10000
    Sacramento Kings +10000
    Utah Jazz +10000

    Some interesting things to note here:
    1. The top 5 make sense to me. Although Minnesota's got to get a hell of a lot better to lure him in a small market like that.
    2. Golden State at No. 6 still seems high. It seems like Vegas is banking on rings playing a huge role, but I still don't see it.
    3. Charlotte getting the same odds as Miami, New Orleans and Milwaukee at No. 10 seems odd to me. What would motivate Lebron to play there? Does he have some ties in that community I don't know about?
    5. The Clippers and Knicks coming in at +5,000 seem like pretty damn good odds to me. Accounting for the markets, I'd easily put both of those squads in my top 10.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,766

    2018 Lebron Sweepstakes: Who ya got?

    Hopefully GS, that would be so much fun!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    41,592
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I just Googled it, and here are some Vegas lines on Lebron's likely destination in 2018-19:

    Cleveland Cavaliers +125
    Los Angeles Lakers +275
    Houston Rockets +500
    Minnesota Timberwolves +1000
    San Antonio Spurs +1200
    Golden State Warriors +1600
    Philadelphia 76ers +2000
    Oklahoma City Thunder +2500
    Boston Celtics +2500
    Charlotte Hornets +3300
    Miami Heat +3300
    New Orleans Pelicans +3300
    Milwaukee Bucks +3300
    Chicago Bulls +5000
    Los Angeles Clippers +5000
    Denver Nuggets +5000
    Washington Wizards +5000
    Memphis Grizzlies +5000
    New York Knicks +5000
    Portland Trail Blazers +6600
    Toronto Raptors +6600
    Atlanta Hawks +10000
    Brooklyn Nets +10000
    Dallas Mavericks +10000
    Detroit Pistons +10000
    Indiana Pacers +10000
    Orlando Magic +10000
    Phoenix Suns +10000
    Sacramento Kings +10000
    Utah Jazz +10000

    Some interesting things to note here:
    1. The top 5 make sense to me. Although Minnesota's got to get a hell of a lot better to lure him in a small market like that.
    2. Golden State at No. 6 still seems high. It seems like Vegas is banking on rings playing a huge role, but I still don't see it.
    3. Charlotte getting the same odds as Miami, New Orleans and Milwaukee at No. 10 seems odd to me. What would motivate Lebron to play there? Does he have some ties in that community I don't know about?
    5. The Clippers and Knicks coming in at +5,000 seem like pretty damn good odds to me. Accounting for the markets, I'd easily put both of those squads in my top 10.
    Again...kinda ignores cap situations. I donít think Minnesota could move enough money. GSW wonít. Rockets would need to move a boatload of money.

    PROCESSING

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,766

    2018 Lebron Sweepstakes: Who ya got?

    ^ I think the idea behind the odds is that if lebron wants to leave he could force himself somewhere via sign and trade (assuming cavs would rather take something than nothing and not hold some huge grudge).

    Therefore teams with a lot of talent are most likely because he probably isn't leaving for a bad team/situation

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •