Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Parker+Manu are on their way out. Parker will be a free agent and Manu is signing for pennies. They are a non-issue. Kawhi is probably a better player than Harden (he might not be as good as pumping stats up) IMO. And I'm not exactly sure how Rockets can sign CP3 and LeBron while having to deal with replacing Capela (assuming they choose not to resign). Plus, that's three ball dominant players. Spurs really don't need Kawhi to be ball dominant so LeBron would probably lead that team in possessions. A duo of LeBron+Kawhi is something the Warriors don't want to play against. Pau Gasol will be old but he's one of those guys who has an aging game. Not overly concerned with his abilities at his age. CP3 is also becoming an injury prone player. It seems like every season, he has an injury. I'm not sure a pairing of Pop+LeBron would go as smooth as some believe considering LeBron likes being in control but what Pop would be able to do in preserving players and maximizing on-court talent will prolong LeBron's career.
    Your reasoning was the same reasoning as why CP3 would choose San Antonio over Houston.

Now, cp3 is in Houston and guess who he's buddies with?

Quote Originally Posted by Htownballa1622 View Post
    Your reasoning was the same reasoning as why CP3 would choose San Antonio over Houston.

Now, cp3 is in Houston and guess who he's buddies with?
    What does this have to do with anything? CP3 chose Houston. That doesn't change the fact that Spurs probably would have made more sense. And CP3 also chose Clippers. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove by what you just said.

Parker+Manu are on their way out. Parker will be a free agent and Manu is signing for pennies. They are a non-issue. Kawhi is probably a better player than Harden (he might not be as good as pumping stats up) IMO. And I'm not exactly sure how Rockets can sign CP3 and LeBron while having to deal with replacing Capela (assuming they choose not to resign).
    Sign and trade, bro. Between Anderson, Gordon and Tucker, two of those guys and/or other pieces would add up to a pretty solid contract for Lebron. They could sign and trade for Lebron, re-sign Paul to a solid contract and still have money left over to pay Capela since they have both Paul and Capela's Bird rights.

Plus, that's three ball dominant players.
    Lebron has thrived in his career playing next to ball-dominant players. Why couldn't he do it in Houston?

Spurs really don't need Kawhi to be ball dominant so LeBron would probably lead that team in possessions. A duo of LeBron+Kawhi is something the Warriors don't want to play against. Pau Gasol will be old but he's one of those guys who has an aging game. Not overly concerned with his abilities at his age. CP3 is also becoming an injury prone player. It seems like every season, he has an injury. I'm not sure a pairing of Pop+LeBron would go as smooth as some believe considering LeBron likes being in control but what Pop would be able to do in preserving players and maximizing on-court talent will prolong LeBron's career.
    I don't think Paul being injury prone outweighs Lebron's close friendship with the guy. That's the key piece of this puzzle that you're missing. I have no clue what Lebron's relationships are with guys in San Antonio, but I know he's close with Paul. And the guy clearly wants to play in places he has close ties to or players he's close with. I don't know that San Antonio really offers either.

Kawhi led the league in playoffs PER last season. Averaged 28/8/5 and was consistently guarding the best player on the opposing team. Please don't forget how great this guy is. Most had him above Harden in TOP NBA PLAYERS. Don't forget.
    Nobody here is saying that he's not. He's amazing. When healthy, you could make a strong case that he's better than Harden, especially in the playoffs. But that can't be the only factor when you have other teams out there that just have much better arguments. Paul is a better player and a better attraction for Lebron than Aldridge is, and Houston's supporting cast is better. You could throw in the coaching advantage of Pop, but as you already said, he's a pretty polarizing coach, and not everybody would want to play for him.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Sign and trade, bro. Between Anderson, Gordon and Tucker, two of those guys and/or other pieces would add up to a pretty solid contract for Lebron. They could sign and trade for Lebron, re-sign Paul to a solid contract and still have money left over to pay Capela since they have both Paul and Capela's Bird rights.

Lebron has thrived in his career playing next to ball-dominant players. Why couldn't he do it in Houston?

I don't think Paul being injury prone outweighs Lebron's close friendship with the guy. That's the key piece of this puzzle that you're missing. I have no clue what Lebron's relationships are with guys in San Antonio, but I know he's close with Paul. And the guy clearly wants to play in places he has close ties to or players he's close with. I don't know that San Antonio really offers either.
    Why would Cleveland take those guys in a sign and trade? This seems far too complicated and you would be losing shooters that have had a huge impact for the Rockets this season. I didn't say LeBron wouldn't thrive but you're talking about three players who distinctively need the ball at all times to be useful. At least when he was in Miami, Wade was already on his way out of his prime days and it was just Kyrie in Cleveland who needed the ball. As for CP3's injury, maybe it does or maybe it doesn't. Can't say that isn't a valid argument to be had.

LaMarcus has more value when you take into account that he doesn't really need the ball to be effective. Not really fair to compare him to CP3 in terms of individual value. I'm just making a case that a Kawhi+LeBron duo makes more sense to me than a Harden+LeBron duo. And then you have to consider the other variables such as how the Rockets would most likely have to reshape their entire roster - the same roster that has been injected with three point shooting fuel. Capela+Andersen+Gordon+Tucker are four of your top six players. Not really a good idea to start trading everyone when you guys are having a really good season.

I am a little surprised our odds are better than the Spurs. This would be incredible lol. I just can't imagine Lebron actually coming to Minnesota if he leaves so it is weird we are that high.

Lebron-Wiggins-Butler-Taj-Towns with Tyus/crawford/vet min/Bjelica/vet min (or Cole Aldrich) off the bench would probably be like best case in that? Teague/Dieng/Okc pick/future first. Given it will be with Cle we might need a 3rd team if Teague/Dieng are even tradeable at their prices. Small ball might have trouble with that size and who does Curry guard? Interesting even if not as good.

My guess is from their side Wiggins would be needed? I dunno if they are just content with Lebron and would be ok with mostly picks type return or what (make sure they get some value but if he wants to go let him go basically). I am not sure I even see him leaving honestly but who really knows it likely depends how things play out in the playoffs. Rockets seem like an obvious destination, especially if they make it somewhat close this year.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 12-06-2017 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I am a little surprised our odds are better than the Spurs. This would be incredible lol. I just can't imagine Lebron actually coming to Minnesota if he leaves so it is weird we are that high.

Lebron-Wiggins-Butler-Taj-Towns with Tyus/crawford/vet min/Bjelica/vet min off the bench would probably be like best case in that? Teague/Dieng/Okc pick/future first. Given it will be with Cle we might need a 3rd team if Teague/Dieng are even tradeable at their prices. Small ball might have trouble with that size and who does Curry guard? Interesting even if not as good.

My guess is from their side Wiggins would be needed? I dunno if they are just content with Lebron and would be ok with mostly picks type return or what (make sure they get some value but if he wants to go let him go basically). I am not sure I even see him leaving honestly but who really knows it likely depends how things play out in the playoffs. Rockets seem like an obvious destination, especially if they make it somewhat close this year.
    I wouldn't place too much emphasis on the odds. I mean, Warriors being a top sixth option by odds is way off.

Teams LeBron James could land on should he leave Cleveland this coming summer

Ha Ha ya I was just gonna point them out.

Nobody here is saying that he's not. He's amazing. When healthy, you could make a strong case that he's better than Harden, especially in the playoffs. But that can't be the only factor when you have other teams out there that just have much better arguments. Paul is a better player and a better attraction for Lebron than Aldridge is, and Houston's supporting cast is better. You could throw in the coaching advantage of Pop, but as you already said, he's a pretty polarizing coach, and not everybody would want to play for him.
    I would argue that San Antonio provides a better fit for LeBron. Murray and Kawhi are both better defenders than Paul, Harden or Gordon. They're great off-ball players who will allow LeBron to run the point. Paul would be even more redundant next to LeBron than he already is with Harden and Gordon.
    San Antonio probably needs to get rid of LaMarcus to fit LeBron. But Houston would also likely need to get rid of Anderson, who has way less value. Plus, Houston needs to re-sign Capela this summer, while the Spurs will be shedding $15 million from Parker's contract.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I would argue that San Antonio provides a better fit for LeBron. Murray and Kawhi are both better defenders than Paul, Harden or Gordon. They're great off-ball players who will allow LeBron to run the point. Paul would be even more redundant next to LeBron than he already is with Harden and Gordon.
    San Antonio probably needs to get rid of LaMarcus to fit LeBron. But Houston would also likely need to get rid of Anderson, who has way less value. Plus Houston needs to re-sign Capela this summer, while the Spurs will be shedding $15 million from Parker's contract. I could totally see Parker coming back at a minimum to play with LeBron.
    If Rudy Gay+Danny Green both opt-out, Spurs have a shot at signing Bron.

Lol at the people saying Philly. No. Just no. Has a better shot at MKE tor Brooklyn than Philly

Long time for a new thread already!

I think Bron may join the Bucks. Not sure how Giannis feels being the fourth best player on the team (fifth if we consider Jason Kidd coming out of retirement and joining the Bucks as starting PG). When Parker comes back, Giannis might be the fifth best player.. And I heard Larry Sanders may come back so Giannis being the sixth best on the team is not out of the picture. Is Giannis going to step up or what?

What does this have to do with anything? CP3 chose Houston. That doesn't change the fact that Spurs probably would have made more sense. And CP3 also chose Clippers. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove by what you just said.
    I'm saying that your rationale for why LeBron should choose spurs over Houston is same thing that was said about cp3 and despite that he chose Houston.

LeBron may do the same and as mbt has mentioned, you're missing the relationship aspect of this situation.

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast