Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    How is Aaron Boone a candidate? He's such a weaness. It would be like Beaver Cleaver managing. I don't know why anyone would have any respect for him.
    As far as other recent players
    Arod? Yes
    Giambi? Yes
    Beltran? Yes

I really hope Cashman doesn't hire dead fish of a guy like Boone.
    I like those 3 guys kinko but odds favor a non star being more successful

FYI giambi recently said he wants to manage but not yet

I think we need to know more about what they meant when they said girardi and FO had issues this yr

before we totally know why he got fired

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post
    I like those 3 guys kinko but odds favor a non star being more successful

FYI giambi recently said he wants to manage but not yet

I think we need to know more about what they meant when they said girardi and FO had issues this yr

before we totally know why he got fired
    I know the star player typically has trouble managing/coaching but out of the three that I liked, I think Giambi wasn't so much of a star that it will hinder him. He had horrible slumps and he worked very hard. Beltran and Arod are fluid and natural. Of course they also worked but I think of Giambi as very blue collar compared to them. Bummer about him saying that. I really think he would be a great manager of a team like this. He likes to joke around and keep things light. He's very personable but he still knows the game.

I wonder if the FO will ever spill more info about why they parted ways with Joe.
    Joe had no clue. It will also be interesting if the players make some noise about getting him back.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

I know the star player typically has trouble managing/coaching but out of the three that I liked, I think Giambi wasn't so much of a star that it will hinder him. He had horrible slumps and he worked very hard. Beltran and Arod are fluid and natural. Of course they also worked but I think of Giambi as very blue collar compared to them. Bummer about him saying that. I really think he would be a great manager of a team like this. He likes to joke around and keep things light. He's very personable but he still knows the game.

I wonder if the FO will ever spill more info about why they parted ways with Joe.
    Joe had no clue. It will also be interesting if the players make some noise about getting him back.
    Whadda you think this is the Bronx Zoo? Inmates no longer run the asylum.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Whadda you think this is the Bronx Zoo? Inmates no longer run the asylum.
    Don't you mean inmates running the prison? Oh wait, no. This is baseball.

I was always a big fan of the man with the golden thong

perhaps his most impressive accomplishment was how he got

indians mgr terry francona to go on & on for two yrs about how great of a clubhouse guy & future mgr

he was all that while he wasn't giving much on the field

that said I'm not sure I want some one to loose, IMO we are to young for that

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=14001112
    Last edited by pinstripezac; 11-14-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock Me View Post
    I didn't know Hensley Meulens speaks 5 languages including Japanese....would that be appealing to Otani?
    depends what he says ;-)

I didn't know Hensley Meulens speaks 5 languages including Japanese....would that be appealing to Otani?

I think that firing him was foolish. I think that doing so without a top candidate and successor ready, is idiotic and shows a lack of vision.
    I think it was about money. They did the same crap to Torre but instead of doing nothing they low balled him with $4.3 million for 2 years($8.6 million) instead of the $6 million for 4 years($24 million)..

Hal and Cashman saw him asking for a big raise and didn't want to deal with it as he was starting to gather steam and leverage...Cashman and Hal decided to act quickly and avoid another Torre debacle..

And with the way analytics controls decision making these days they figured they could try to find a lessor name that they can control....
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    1903 said it perfectly!

I don't know how many people on here were around watching the Yankees from 1976-1988 when Billy was in the dugout 5 times......

I wonder how he would do with all of the numbers being thrown at him?

He'd probably have Art Fowler reading the data to him daily....

Old School Billy would toss the binder in the East River!
    No... Billy would NOT have tossed it in the river.. He would have rammed it up someone's #$$! Then used a bat as a poker to make sure it was good and up there...
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    No... Billy would NOT have tossed it in the river.. He would have rammed it up someone's #$$! Then used a bat as a poker to make sure it was good and up there...
    Can you imagine if Billy had to deal with Cashman?

Ask yourself: Who (and why) fires (doesn't resign) a manager that brought a young team, a team no-one on earth expected to finish anywhere near top of division, to within one game of the WS?

Is it just me or does this seem rather unusual based on more traditional BB standard practices. To complicate and confound further, you think such a move may have been predicated on an already hand picked successor selected to take over the reins? Nope.
    Well, first Girardi neither resigned nor was he fired.. His contract expired and it was not renewed.

That said... If the clubhouse communication was the problem, he'd have probably been a mid-season casulty.. No, it's clear the problem here was that the FO was having an issue with Joe... and we are not hearing about it much the same reason why we call him Ninja Brian... Cashman is good a keeping a lid on his office staff.

Yes, it's rare for a Manager to be let go when they took a team as far as he did... even moreso when he takes a team that was picked for nearly dead-last to that point. Which is why it's pretty clear that this is a front-office problem.. not a clubhouse/on-the-field problem.

He won't be out of work too long.. I'm pretty certain of that.
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies

Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    Well, first Girardi neither resigned nor was he fired.. His contract expired and it was not renewed.

That said... If the clubhouse communication was the problem, he'd have probably been a mid-season casulty.. No, it's clear the problem here was that the FO was having an issue with Joe... and we are not hearing about it much the same reason why we call him Ninja Brian... Cashman is good a keeping a lid on his office staff.

Yes, it's rare for a Manager to be let go when they took a team as far as he did... even moreso when he takes a team that was picked for nearly dead-last to that point. Which is why it's pretty clear that this is a front-office problem.. not a clubhouse/on-the-field problem.

He won't be out of work too long.. I'm pretty certain of that.
    My intention was he didn't re - sign, as in sign the contract again, sign up for another stint, ect. not to voluntarily leave a job.

I agree with your assumption regarding the FO problem.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Jon Morosi‏Verified account
    @jonmorosi
    Following Following @jonmorosi

Brian Cashman describes #Yankees managerial job as “part White House Press Secretary . . . part psychologist with players . . . collaborator with ownership and a front office that’s hands-on . . . presence, leadership, appreciation for analytical streams, the medical team . . . ”
    6:11 PM - 13 Nov 2017

@jonmorosi

Brian Cashman describes #Yankees managerial job as “part White House Press Secretary . . . part psychologist with players . . . collaborator with ownership and a front office that’s hands-on . . . presence, leadership, appreciation for analytical streams, the medical team . . . ”
    How in the hell is he going to find that in someone?

Easy, he wants a "yes" man as his manager.
    Nick

@jonmorosi

Funny.. why does it seem that they are describing Joe Girardi?

I think that $$$ issue that's been talked about might have some traction.
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast