Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

The Next Yankee Manager?

So far Robbie Thompson has interviewed....

It seems to me certain criteria will sway Cashman..

The next manager doesn't have to be a BIG name.

He must buy into analytics and use that info 90% of the time with regards to lineups and defensive shifts.

He must be able to handle the media with calmness and not so uptight that you can't squeeze a dime up there.

He needs to have great communication skills that resonate to the different types of players that will stroll thru the clubhouse, young and old.....

He needs to understand that he is just a puppet and Cashman is basically calling all of the shots before and during the games.

So who is the one for the job?

Not Arod, Not Flaherty or Cone.

Cone was hilarious. He said all of the right things when he put his name into the hat.

IMHO we will get a no name that has all of those qualities....

I'd trade a player to the O's like the Rays did with Seattle when they got Lou and get back Buck Showalter.

he probably doesn't fit the mold but he would be terrific with this particular roster......He could takeover as the 95 roster looks similar to the 17 one....
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 11-09-2017 at 11:53 AM.
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    So far Robbie Thompson has interviewed....

It seems to me certain criteria will sway Cashman..

The next manager doesn't have to be a BIG name.

He must buy into analytics and use that info 90% of the time with regards to lineups and defensive shifts.

He must be able to handle the media with calmness and not so uptight that you can't squeeze a dime up there.

He needs to have great communication skills that resonate to the different types of players that will stroll thru the clubhouse, young and old.....

He needs to understand that he is just a puppet and Cashman is basically calling all of the shots before and during the games.

So who is the one for the job?

Not Arod, Not Flaherty or Cone.

Cone was hilarious. He said all of the right things when he put his name into the hat.

IMHO we will get a no name that has all of those qualities....

I'd trade a player to the O's like the Rays did with Seattle when they got Lou and get back Buck Showalter.

he probably doesn't fit the mold but he would be terrific with this particular roster......He could takeover as the 95 roster looks similar to the 17 one....
    buck no we got rid of one unemotional manager and we certainly don't wan't another in buck..

With the over-reliance on analytics seems to me a manager's role is being seriously diminished. If you allow "the numbers" to dictate the lineup, batting order, pitching match ups, defensive strategy ect. what is left for the manager? GM's controlling the game from the FO.

The game is dynamic and played on the field!
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    With the over-reliance on analytics seems to me a manager's role is being seriously diminished. If you allow "the numbers" to dictate the lineup, batting order, pitching match ups, defensive strategy ect. what is left for the manager? GM's controlling the game from the FO.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

I agree.. if you are going to use the Analytics all the time, you could literally replace the manager with a shell script... don't need a human at that position.
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

It is turning into a big chess game for the GM's..

No more managers that play from the hip.
    Nick

Unfortunately, some moron in Boston hired Bill James and pretty much decapitated the old school manager....

Bill Martin would toss Cashman off of the cliff before the 1st game....
    Nick

i like the human element of baseball even if it goes against us like in replays but this is the direction baseball is going on. And I rather the yankees be ahead of the curve and not be left behind losing because of being hard headed to change like those in charge i dont know ... of our country are doing at the moment.

Buck is a no I believe he bashed the Yankees a couple years ago.

I remember when torre was let go everyone was up in arms like this confused. Then we heard joe girardi and everyone was excited a former Yankee who won World Series with the team.

Aaron Boone is a candidate I like

It's going to be a name that everyone is okay with replacing Girardi

My ideal manager is a name like Boone but would love his bench coach be hideki if we sign Ohtani

I'll predict it will be Rob Thomson.

I also think it will be Rob Thompson

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I still like Girardi over any of the names mentioned.. I fear that at this time next year, we Yankee fans either will be or will have already burned the new guy in Effegy..

I hope I'm wrong on that... but sadly.. Joe has always been very good with young teams... Just remember his gig before the Yanks... not to mention his tenure with the Yanks didn't have a single losing season... the next guy here will have to fill shoes that make those Saquille O'Neill wears look like they came out of the childrens section of the shoe store.
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    I'll predict it will be Rob Thomson.
    Good a choice as any, checks all the boxes. Kids seem to like him and does the FO.

I'll stick with Pedrique. He may not have the FO clout that Thomson has but his familiarity with the current crop of young guns should factor into decision.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast