Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,075

    Week 10: Dallas Cowboys (5-3) at Atlanta Falcons (4-4)

    Code:
    Dallas Cowboys AT Atlanta Falcons
    11/12/2017 4:25 PM EST
    Mercedes-Benz Stadium
    .

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,075
    Let's get to 6-3. Falcons, like the Chiefs, haven't been very good since their hot start to the season. I think we match up pretty well with them because their offense isn't nearly as explosive as it has been.

    A big key to this game will be known today, that is whether Zeke will play Sunday or not. In fact, we should know Zeke's status for the rest of the season today. We will see. I think we'll win regardless of if Zeke plays or not and have a lot of confidence in Alfred Morris to run the ball. Equally as important is whether Dez will play or not. I hope that he does, especially if Zeke ends up not winning the appeal today.

    In the end, I think our defense keeps playing well and we continue to get good pressure on the QB. So long as they can keep that up our offense will keep chugging along like the fine tuned machine it is.

    PREDICTION: Cowboys, 31-21.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9,364
    I refuse to post here because I do not take Atlanta seriously.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    919
    The Falcons are desperate to save their season and are coming off a tough loss. It will be a close game but the Cowboys are rolling and the defense continues to improve. Alfred Morris gets it done.. Cowboys win 27-23

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,075
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    I refuse to post here because I do not take Atlanta seriously.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol, I hope John S doesn't see this, he'll make big news out of it!

    Quote Originally Posted by KiNgJaMeS315 View Post
    The Falcons are desperate to save their season and are coming off a tough loss. It will be a close game but the Cowboys are rolling and the defense continues to improve. Alfred Morris gets it done.. Cowboys win 27-23
    Yep, looks like it'll have to be Morris. I think he's ran really well this year in limited snaps, so I'm excited to see what he can do in an expanded role.

    What do you guys think the carry breakdown will be with our running backs? I'm thinking 15-20 for Morris, 5-7 for Smith and none for McFadden.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Lol, I hope John S doesn't see this, he'll make big news out of it!



    Yep, looks like it'll have to be Morris. I think he's ran really well this year in limited snaps, so I'm excited to see what he can do in an expanded role.

    What do you guys think the carry breakdown will be with our running backs? I'm thinking 15-20 for Morris, 5-7 for Smith and none for McFadden.
    Morris has looked good in the limited possessions he's gotten. An analyst pointed out that Rod Smith was very under rated..that he was this big physical and fast running back that could fit behind our line...the analyst felt like Smith might end up winning the job. It really depends on the hot hand. I think McFadden ended up being the 3rd string because he can't stay healthy, not for his play. Morris will probably get the first look. If the other two somehow gets hot, we might end up giving them way more. But, just looking at last week's game. With some of those holes that improved o line gave, Zeke wasn't even touched on some of those runs. You could have through that hole, granted if you run at normal speed. The Chiefs are more balanced than the Falcons. The Chiefs might have lost a few games, but in their losses, they still looked strong. When the Falcons lost, they really stunk up the joint---you're really not sure what's going on with the Falcons (probably their coaching). But, like a heavyweight with punching power, you still have to be wary...they have some explosive players--they just aren't playing as a cohesive team.

    Jerry Jones did hint that he was going to challenge Roger Goodell's extension as a GM. He's really furious over this Zeke thing saying it's an over correction from the Ray Rice debacle.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,075
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Morris has looked good in the limited possessions he's gotten. An analyst pointed out that Rod Smith was very under rated..that he was this big physical and fast running back that could fit behind our line...the analyst felt like Smith might end up winning the job. It really depends on the hot hand. I think McFadden ended up being the 3rd string because he can't stay healthy, not for his play. Morris will probably get the first look. If the other two somehow gets hot, we might end up giving them way more. But, just looking at last week's game. With some of those holes that improved o line gave, Zeke wasn't even touched on some of those runs. You could have through that hole, granted if you run at normal speed. The Chiefs are more balanced than the Falcons. The Chiefs might have lost a few games, but in their losses, they still looked strong. When the Falcons lost, they really stunk up the joint---you're really not sure what's going on with the Falcons (probably their coaching). But, like a heavyweight with punching power, you still have to be wary...they have some explosive players--they just aren't playing as a cohesive team.

    Jerry Jones did hint that he was going to challenge Roger Goodell's extension as a GM. He's really furious over this Zeke thing saying it's an over correction from the Ray Rice debacle.
    Yeah the Falcons are definitely still a very talented team and one that we ought to be wary of. Julio is nursing and injury like Bryant is, so we will see how explosive either player can be. I'm hoping that Dez and Dak can really get it going while Zeke is out. That'd be such a big deal for us in the playoffs (if we make it).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah the Falcons are definitely still a very talented team and one that we ought to be wary of. Julio is nursing and injury like Bryant is, so we will see how explosive either player can be. I'm hoping that Dez and Dak can really get it going while Zeke is out. That'd be such a big deal for us in the playoffs (if we make it).
    It's kind of like when Geroge Foreman was close to 50 years old and still knocked out some top fighters... Even if the Falcons are up and down, I'd take them seriously and knock them out as early as possible....you don't want to have a team with explosive parts to suddenly come together on your team. Though, the Falcons just aren't as good all around as the Chiefs team we faced last week or the Rams team several games previous. Just looking at the schedule, we have the high flying Eagles. The Chargers--I wished we had played them early in the season when they were terrible....now, they look like they are coming on strong. The Redskins looked really good the week after we beat them, so maybe that was just a case of the Cowboys surging to a higher level of performance. Don't know what to make of that Oakland team. Seahawks look good sometimes, sometimes not. Their offense has been surprising. We probably need to beat the Eagles twice or win most of those games the rest of the way. I'd still like to win our division for the simple fact that the more games you play, the more chance of injury.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,542
    Did you guys see those crazy stats of when Sean Lee's playing and when he's not playing.

    Cowboys are 5-1 with Lee. 0-2 without Lee.
    Allow 18 points a game with Lee; 35 points a game without Lee
    Allow 80.3 rushing yards per game with Lee; 164 rushing yards without Lee.

    So, basically we get gashed by running backs when Lee's not there and teams score double. Allowing only 18 points per game is certainly enough for our offense to help win the game. If you allow 35, that makes it really hard and that's why we lost even though we were scoring over 30 for several games in a row.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,075
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Did you guys see those crazy stats of when Sean Lee's playing and when he's not playing.

    Cowboys are 5-1 with Lee. 0-2 without Lee.
    Allow 18 points a game with Lee; 35 points a game without Lee
    Allow 80.3 rushing yards per game with Lee; 164 rushing yards without Lee.

    So, basically we get gashed by running backs when Lee's not there and teams score double. Allowing only 18 points per game is certainly enough for our offense to help win the game. If you allow 35, that makes it really hard and that's why we lost even though we were scoring over 30 for several games in a row.
    Yeah those numbers are absolutely insane. He may be our MVP. Our offense keeps scoring but without him our defense becomes warm butter.

    Reporter: What happened Dak?

    Dak: I don't know, they were everywhere. I'd throw, they would intercept it. I'd try to run, they were right there. I'd look up, there they were. It's not fair. I miss my Zeke, I can't do this without him. They were right, all of them, they were all right. Wentz IS better than me.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,075
    Tyron Smith will sit out today with a groin injury. Chaz Green will start in his place. Glad it's a not his back that is holding him out but, dang, that's a big hit to our line. Maybe the rest this week will also help his back too.

    Reporter: What happened Dak?

    Dak: I don't know, they were everywhere. I'd throw, they would intercept it. I'd try to run, they were right there. I'd look up, there they were. It's not fair. I miss my Zeke, I can't do this without him. They were right, all of them, they were all right. Wentz IS better than me.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah those numbers are absolutely insane. He may be our MVP. Our offense keeps scoring but without him our defense becomes warm butter.
    I think our eyes weren't lying to us. When we were watching these games weeks ago and feeling like our defense couldn't stop anyone, that was true. I think without him in there to stop the dam and erase mistakes, the floodgates open. Our backups don't know how to get into position like he does.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    1,377
    Why we just didn't roll Dak out to the right on every play and/or max protect on the left with a tight end I will never know. Of course it is well known that Garrett and staff are terrible in game adjustment coaches.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    1,377
    The math isn't going to work for us this year unfortunately. Teams that may be battling for the final wild card spot are likely going to have a tie breaker on us such as Atlanta, GB, Rams (if they don't win division). Good chance we can go 10 and 6 and be odd man out as the 3 teams I mentioned would need to be 9 and 7.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,065
    This season is over. Whole coaching staff needs to go. Also need to start drafting lineman with their first round pick. Also get rid of Dez! Sorry I can't stand him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •