Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • New England

1 100.00%
  • Denver

0 0%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    I've seen enough of Cooks to predict it will happen again and again for the rest of the year. Keep your eyes on him and you should see it too. Brady hit him right in stride and he took about four more strides before he went OB vs Talib, it was by choice not momentum. IMO, he made the catch look difficult just so he could have a plausible excuse for taking it OB. It was a perfect throw and he's a wuss.
    four strides at full speed with a 4.33 40 time is a bit hard to control and regain balance...

Not sure if you've ever played the game but coming from someone who has it's tough to make a catch look difficult... your first and only thought should be to catch the ball, once it's secure the instincts kick in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    four strides at full speed with a 4.33 40 time is a bit hard to control and regain balance...

Not sure if you've ever played the game but coming from someone who has it's tough to make a catch look difficult... your first and only thought should be to catch the ball, once it's secure the instincts kick in.
    LOL! Virtually every kid growing up has made the "Great Catch" out of a simple throw. It's not hard and you don't have to be a HOF player to do it. Thousands of Niners fans probably made the same play Dwight Clark made from Montana to start the Niners Dynasty. The "Did you play?" comment is old and useless on boards but you can keep your eyes on Cooks if you don't believe me. He wasn't running 4.33 at the Combine last night.

SNF Week 10: New England Patriots (6-2) at Denver Broncos (3-5)

I just think expecting Cooks to be Edelman, or even a guy like Hernandez after the catch is a little much. Sure he's faster, but fast doesn't = shifty, or strong, or well balanced during contact. Those are all things those guys have. But Cooks offered a different element like another poster said. Just because he's not Edelman or Amendola doesn't mean he doesn't offer something for the team.
    PSD's Brian Tyms

O line starting to really pick up the steam the past few weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by holywack17 View Post
    I just think expecting Cooks to be Edelman, or even a guy like Hernandez after the catch is a little much. Sure he's faster, but fast doesn't = shifty, or strong, or well balanced during contact. Those are all things those guys have. But Cooks offered a different element like another poster said. Just because he's not Edelman or Amendola doesn't mean he doesn't offer something for the team.
    I agree, he mainly has speed but I wish he was at least more like David Patten who was also tough. I hope it's my imagination more than a flaw in his game that comes back to haunt them this year.

I've seen enough of Cooks to predict it will happen again and again for the rest of the year. Keep your eyes on him and you should see it too. Brady hit him right in stride and he took about four more strides before he went OB vs Talib, it was by choice not momentum. IMO, he made the catch look difficult just so he could have a plausible excuse for taking it OB. It was a perfect throw and he's a wuss.
    Arn't you the guy that said JG was BB's worst choice ever?

If BB thought Cooks was leaving plays on the field due to lack of effort or cowardice he wouldn't be playing much, worse is TB, he shuts out guys he doesn't like.

Cooks appears to be on the way to a season as good or nearly as good as his last two seasons. Seems OK to me.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post

If BB thought Cooks was leaving plays on the field due to lack of effort or cowardice he wouldn't be playing much, worse is TB, he shuts out guys he doesn't like.

Cooks appears to be on the way to a season as good or nearly as good as his last two seasons. Seems OK to me.
    Everyone is a potential hall of famer when they don't make it to the league and watch the sport on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post

I'm not the poster that said that about JG but this is probably the fourth time you've accused me of it. I liked Jimmy when they took him because he stepped his game up in the East West Shrine game and was invited to the Senior Bowl where he shined. I think you're confusing me with another poster named Briz so bookmark this for your next senior moment.

Everyone is a potential hall of famer when they don't make it to the league and watch the sport on tv.
    What team did Belichick play for? Rolls eyes...

Here's one of the plays I'm talking about, Brady throws a perfect pass to Cooks and hits him in stride, but Cooks pretends like he needed to go into the fetal position after the catch so he can also pretend to be out of control and run OB. That's what I see...a player that didn't want anything Talib had to offer after the catch.

This isn't the first time I've seen him play like a wuss this year and the video below doesn't lie.

FF to the 3:05 mark and you'll clearly see Cooks make the catch then pretend he needed to go all "fetal" and then out of control on his way OB...he even sneaks a peek for Talib as he's going out but he's not within five yards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47lt9ICefYs

Here's one of the plays I'm talking about, Brady throws a perfect pass to Cooks and hits him in stride, but Cooks pretends like he needed to go into the fetal position after the catch so he can also pretend to be out of control and run OB. That's what I see...a player that didn't want anything Talib had to offer after the catch.

This isn't the first time I've seen him play like a wuss this year and the video below doesn't lie.

FF to the 3:05 mark and you'll clearly see Cooks make the catch then pretend he needed to go all "fetal" and then out of control on his way OB...he even sneaks a peek for Talib as he's going out but he's not within five yards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47lt9ICefYs
    Clearly his momentum took him out of bounds... a blind man can see that.

Clearly his momentum took him out of bounds... a blind man can see that.
    Evidently, a blind man can't see it was staged.

LOL! Ball hits hands first, body goes fetal, body takes four strides to the sideline, head sneaks a peak at talib, body runs OB. Wuss.You'll look bad when this keeps happening so just admit the facts now. This is not the first time I saw him act like a wuss this year and it won't be the last.

If you were fast you'd understand what momentum is and how it leads you to a specific spot... slow people can stop on a dime and not tear their acl, fast people... not so much... certainly not at full speed. What was the weather like in Denver that night? Mid 30's? Im sure that has nothing to do with footing either...
    Last edited by Bosston; 11-14-2017 at 05:22 PM.

If you were fast you'd understand what momentum is and how it leads you to a specific spot... slow people can stop on a dime and not tear their acl, fast people... not so much... certainly not at full speed. What was the weather like in Denver that night? Mid 30's? Im sure that has nothing to do with footing either...
    Duh..slow people know what momentum is. Do you know what inertia is? The short explanation: An object will continue moving in a straight line at a constant velocity unless something changes its direction...such as an external force. Brandi chose not to change his straight line direction when he could have. Why? Because he didn't want to get hit just like he's shown in other games this year and I'm sure he'll do it again.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast