Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Martellus Bennett reportedly has been cut

Field Yates ✔@FieldYates
    Source: the Packers have cut veteran TE Martellus Bennett. His time in Green Bay is over.
    Jason B. Hirschhorn‏Verified account
    This is quite the fall from grace, but there was a feeling around Green Bay that the Packers didnít buy his sudden shoulder injury.
    still haven't seen official reports yet.

RIP Gene Wilder

UPDATE: Schefter and Rappaport are now reporting it also

Ian Rapoport ✔@RapSheet
    The #Packers have released TE Martellus Bennett, according to the transaction wire, with a failure to disclose designation.
    Adam Schefter ✔@AdamSchefter
    Packers cut TE Martellus Bennett, as @FieldYates reported. Cut him with Failure to Disclose Physical Condition designation.
    4:11 PM - Nov 8, 2017

RIP Gene Wilder

Mcarthy did a horrible job of utilizing him in the red zone and on 3rd downs anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He created basically zero separation and dropped as many balls as he caught just about anyways. Not sure how he could have trusted him in either of those spots.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with this. Rumors are we could be going after him to basically forfeit his entire salary due to the undisclosed medical condition.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    He created basically zero separation and dropped as many balls as he caught just about anyways. Not sure how he could have trusted him in either of those spots.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with this. Rumors are we could be going after him to basically forfeit his entire salary due to the undisclosed medical condition.
    I love hearing all of the excuses you make for MM, i luh dit.

Oh well.
    I had high hopes for Bennett when he signed, but he was extremely disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I love hearing all of the excuses you make for MM, i luh dit.

And I love how it's never the players. Bennett was garbage in the pass game. No one is denying that. He looked slow and dropped plenty of balls. Those are all facts, but yet it's the coaches fault for not using him more.

In all honesty, we probably should have seen this coming to an extent. He only had 3 games last year over 75 yards and the final one came in week 10. In the playoffs, he has 11 grabs for 98 yards in 3 games. He had 7 TDs, but 3 came in 1 game. So he had 4 in the other 18. So it's not like he didn't basically perform similarly this year to last year.

Last year, gronk caught his last pass in week 10. So in the 10 games from week 11 to the super bowl, Bennett averaged 2.8 catches for 25 yards. So maybe that crappy coach bellichek should be blamed for not knowing how to use Bennett as well.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 11-09-2017 at 05:14 AM.

Does this affect our comp picks?

Welp... TT really will never sign a free agent ever again now.

Martellus Bennett reportedly has been cut

And I love how it's never the players. Bennett was garbage in the pass game. No one is denying that. He looked slow and dropped plenty of balls. Those are all facts, but yet it's the coaches fault for not using him more.

In all honesty, we probably should have seen this coming to an extent. He only had 3 games last year over 75 yards and the final one came in week 10. In the playoffs, he has 11 grabs for 98 yards in 3 games. He had 7 TDs, but 3 came in 1 game. So he had 4 in the other 18. So it's not like he didn't basically perform similarly this year to last year.

Last year, gronk caught his last pass in week 10. So in the 10 games from week 11 to the super bowl, Bennett averaged 2.8 catches for 25 yards. So maybe that crappy coach bellichek should be blamed for not knowing how to use Bennett as well.
    The one time they split him out wide in the red zone and threw him a jump ball, he caught it. Shrug. Heís like 6-7.

Used improperly.

The packers have the highest red zone touchdown percentage in the league. Yea, you're right. We should have modified the red zone offense to throw more relatively low percentage fades.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Does this affect our comp picks?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    The one time they split him out wide in the red zone and threw him a jump ball, he caught it. Shrug. Heís like 6-7.

Used improperly.

I mean, he was pretty crap this year. Dropped too many. Looked slow as RR. MM can't change that really

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I mean, he was pretty crap this year. Dropped too many. Looked slow as RR. MM can't change that really
    True. He also looked pretty slow last year but was used properly on 3rd downs and in the red zone.

The packers have the highest red zone touchdown percentage in the league. Yea, you're right. We should have modified the red zone offense to throw more relatively low percentage fades.
    Cherry picking stats again Crew. Youíre really good at that. You should write arguments for banning guns.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast