Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 101
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East Northport Long Island NY
    Posts
    27,077
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    The first one admitted to it being consensual and saying she was going to sue him.
    Okay, my point being so did that trash bag of a ( Zekes girl) girl did the same and it’s all over the place. Minus the lawsuit
    #BringBackMatty

  2. #47
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    8,909
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Who cares what the players thing about Goodell and his health insurance. They don't get a vote on Goodells contract. The owners do. And of all the things he's asking for that one is actually the most reasonable and responsible.

    And acutally it's smart negotiation. Ask for a few things that seems absurd, but 1 isn't so bad. Make the owners look bad for saying no to everything. I bet the health insurance is one of the things they say yes to in order to offset the no of the raise and jet.
    Why wouldn't he get a jet? Your government makes it so close to its entire cost can be written off in taxes. They're basically handing out free jets.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    41,652
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Why wouldn't he get a jet? Your government makes it so close to its entire cost can be written off in taxes. They're basically handing out free jets.


    I'll get my jet tomorrow!

    PROCESSING

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    12,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    We won't know until Brady is suspended for something he didn't do.



    Opposing a 66% raise has nothing to do with the suspension. Anyone with a brain between the ears would oppose such a raise, especially with viewers and ratings in freefall. If anything, they should be reducing Goodell's salary, anticipating a lower NFL TV deal the next time around due to fewer cable subscribers.

    And to bill Jones as a Goodell "supporter" is ignorant at best. He most recently sued the NFL in 2012 over the uncapped year rule interpretation by Goodell.

    During the Brady suspension media storm, Jones said something to the effect of that Brady and the Patriots were as 'wronged' by the situation has he was when he lost $10M in cap space in 2012. But all you'll ever see is the possibly sarcastic "But he’s doing an outstanding job." part of the quote.
    And guess who alerted Goodell to the uncapped year “issues” by the Cowboys and Redskins......John Mara #nflpolitics

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East Northport Long Island NY
    Posts
    27,077
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    And guess who alerted Goodell to the uncapped year “issues” by the Cowboys and Redskins......John Mara #nflpolitics
    John Mara is a douche
    #BringBackMatty

  6. #51
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    8,909
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post


    I'll get my jet tomorrow!
    Well, you need to pay taxes that high to make it worthwhile, but the NFL league office does since 2015.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,791
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    Women beater, sure you’re right. I’m not defending Jones at all, he’s all over the place. My problem is with the NFL is handled . It’s a **** show lol.

    Weed head ? I’m going to help out a bit, I’m sure there are tons of “weed heads”in the NFL, and NBA

    Manzel, Jones loves those splashy headline grabbing players. He’s at fault , that’s why his son does drafting now and has been
    The NFL is a joke definitely and Goddell is an idiot and shouldn’t be resigned but Jones motivates are what’s making him look bad. As much as we hate Goddell, he’s made the NFL ALOT of money and made these owners richer. Also the fact he dupe the players union to sign that atrocious collective bargaining agreement was the icing on the cake.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    31,629
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    The NFL is a joke definitely and Goddell is an idiot and shouldn’t be resigned but Jones motivates are what’s making him look bad. As much as we hate Goddell, he’s made the NFL ALOT of money and made these owners richer. Also the fact he dupe the players union to sign that atrocious collective bargaining agreement was the icing on the cake.
    Has Goodell really made the NFL a lot of money? They've definitely grown since he's been commissioner but how much of that is really him?

    Honestly, I don't think any of really have any idea how much he's made or cost the NFL. Who's to say someone else wouldn't have negotiated better deals. Or maybe Goodell is definitely great at what he does. I don't think any of us can say.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  9. #54
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    8,909
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Has Goodell really made the NFL a lot of money? They've definitely grown since he's been commissioner but how much of that is really him?

    Honestly, I don't think any of really have any idea how much he's made or cost the NFL. Who's to say someone else wouldn't have negotiated better deals. Or maybe Goodell is definitely great at what he does. I don't think any of us can say.
    You could flip that argument on its head. There's nobody else who could have done better because Goodell was in charge. The owners are simply sticking with the experienced personnel here. Most CEOs don't deserve the salary either purely for the job they do but boards are choosing from a very limited talent pool.

    Ironically it's diversity that could be Goodell's downfall if owners started warming to the idea of for example Amy Trask as commissioner. That's not to say she isn't qualified. She actually would be very qualified for the job. But let's not forget one job requirement of NFL commissioner is to serve as a punching bag for the public. And if the league was run more competently that could mean more blame accurately falls on the individual owners. See Donald Sterling for example.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 11-13-2017 at 05:44 PM.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    41,652
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Has Goodell really made the NFL a lot of money? They've definitely grown since he's been commissioner but how much of that is really him?

    Honestly, I don't think any of really have any idea how much he's made or cost the NFL. Who's to say someone else wouldn't have negotiated better deals. Or maybe Goodell is definitely great at what he does. I don't think any of us can say.
    There's both sides to it. Hasn't Goodell introduced TNF? That's a boatload of money. Opened up and allowed other advertisers? That's more money. He's literally doing product placement with Microsoft and Bose on the sidelines. Heck it was brilliant to split CBS/NBS on TNF, double dip on big bucks and simulcast on NFLN bringing the NFL even more money for advertising on that channel.

    He's taken the draft on the road, which makes the NFL partners money, which means charging more for ads there. Changed the draft to primetime, again more expensive ads, more money for the NFL.

    From the owners side he's done something (could do more) for player safety, put the right people in place to not make owners pay for retired players health insurance (no matter how scummy that is, owners like saving money), he's negotiated 2 good CBA's from the owner standpoint, and he's cleaned up the NFL's off field player image problem.

    If I were an owner and I saw that he was making the NFL more money through smart choices, and it means more money for me.....I would want him around.

    PROCESSING

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    41,652
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    You could flip that argument on its head. There's nobody else who could have done better because Goodell was in charge. The owners are simply sticking with the experienced personnel here. Most CEOs don't deserve the salary either purely for the job they do but boards are choosing from a very limited talent pool.

    Ironically it's diversity that could be Goodell's downfall if owners started warming to the idea of for example Amy Trask as commissioner. That's not to say she isn't qualified. She actually would be very qualified for the job. But let's not forget one job requirement of NFL commissioner is to serve as a punching bag for the public. And if the league was run more competently that could mean more blame accurately falls on the individual owners. See Donald Sterling for example.
    Great points.

    PROCESSING

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    20,806
    It's always struck me as odd that CEO's and Commissioner's and people at that level can do such a bad or mediocre job that people are contemplating firing/replacing them and yet when it comes to re-negotiating their contract they get massive increases in their compensation.

    I can fully understand the NFL deciding to keep Goodell as Commissioner, but considering his job has been so up and down recently there is a fairly loud contingent who does not want him back, why on earth would the NFL decide to give him a raise?

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    41,652
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It's always struck me as odd that CEO's and Commissioner's and people at that level can do such a bad or mediocre job that people are contemplating firing/replacing them and yet when it comes to re-negotiating their contract they get massive increases in their compensation.

    I can fully understand the NFL deciding to keep Goodell as Commissioner, but considering his job has been so up and down recently there is a fairly loud contingent who does not want him back, why on earth would the NFL decide to give him a raise?
    Mind you it’s fans calling to fire him.

    We aren’t the ones that get to have a say in it. For the most part the owners love him for reasons myself and QB_Eagles said.

    PROCESSING

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    31,629
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    There's both sides to it. Hasn't Goodell introduced TNF? That's a boatload of money. Opened up and allowed other advertisers? That's more money. He's literally doing product placement with Microsoft and Bose on the sidelines. Heck it was brilliant to split CBS/NBS on TNF, double dip on big bucks and simulcast on NFLN bringing the NFL even more money for advertising on that channel.

    He's taken the draft on the road, which makes the NFL partners money, which means charging more for ads there. Changed the draft to primetime, again more expensive ads, more money for the NFL.

    From the owners side he's done something (could do more) for player safety, put the right people in place to not make owners pay for retired players health insurance (no matter how scummy that is, owners like saving money), he's negotiated 2 good CBA's from the owner standpoint, and he's cleaned up the NFL's off field player image problem.

    If I were an owner and I saw that he was making the NFL more money through smart choices, and it means more money for me.....I would want him around.
    But my question is could someone else have done those things? It's undeniable that the NFL has seen huge growth under him but could it have been more? Honestly, I don't know the answer to that. I don't know what specific role Goodell has played in those things you cite.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,050
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Please start so I can likely show everything you say as wrong. Ben was suspended 6, reduced to 4 after counseling, community service, and meeting with EL Cammish. One case thrown out because the woman was a gold digger and the other case thrown out because the police coerced an accusation because they were tired of Ben coming to town.
    To be fair Zeke's case was also thrown out

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •