Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Don't underestimate the power of the most influential owner in all of team sports. I will bet Goodell is a goner.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I just don't think this is the way it's going to happen though. I just don't see how this is going to work TBH.

About the only thing I can see happening is he becomes such a stick in the mud, holds up the extension, and basically plays it out hoping that he runs out the clock and the other owners just throw up their hands and go for another commissioner.

Kinda like they are doing with Zeke right now. Running out the clock until they can come up with a viable plan.
    Yeah I don't see a lawsuit being successful but then again I have no idea what it would actually be about either. We will have to wait and see. You could totally be right about it being a delay tactic.

Reporter: What happened Dak?

Dak: I don't know, they were everywhere. I'd throw, they would intercept it. I'd try to run, they were right there. I'd look up, there they were. It's not fair. I miss my Zeke, I can't do this without him. They were right, all of them, they were all right. Wentz IS better than me.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Don't underestimate the power of the most influential owner in all of team sports. I will bet Goodell is a goner.
    Yeah JJ has some weight and he is close with other powerful owners. Him and Kraft I would imagine have issues with Goodell.

Reporter: What happened Dak?

Dak: I don't know, they were everywhere. I'd throw, they would intercept it. I'd try to run, they were right there. I'd look up, there they were. It's not fair. I miss my Zeke, I can't do this without him. They were right, all of them, they were all right. Wentz IS better than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah JJ has some weight and he is close with other powerful owners. Him and Kraft I would imagine have issues with Goodell.
    Apparently he got kicked out of the committee lead by the Rooney’s and Mara. Mara and the Rooney’s want Goddell back along with 4 other owners. Jones plans to sue the Owners in favor brining Goddell back

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Rooney's, Mara's, Ford's, McCaskey's (Steelers, Giants, Lions, Bears) owners are kinda the big 4. JJ, Kraft, York, and another one are the "new guard" in that they have money and power outside of being long time owners. Lots of other owners still fall in line with that big 4, but that new guard 4 have the power to sway other owners if there is a disagreement.

PROCESSING

nfl wont be around in 20 years so who cares
    ....coooookie

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Apparently he got kicked out of the committee lead by the Rooney’s and Mara. Mara and the Rooney’s want Goddell back along with 4 other owners. Jones plans to sue the Owners in favor brining Goddell back
    Jones' beef goes back to Mara getting the Cowboys and Redskins tagged for lost cap space due to some claimed "interference" before the free agency period around the turn of the decade. He and Snyder also wanted to sue at that point. I wouldn't underestimate Jones here.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Rooney's, Mara's, Ford's, McCaskey's (Steelers, Giants, Lions, Bears) owners are kinda the big 4. JJ, Kraft, York, and another one are the "new guard" in that they have money and power outside of being long time owners. Lots of other owners still fall in line with that big 4, but that new guard 4 have the power to sway other owners if there is a disagreement.
    Going to guess Snyder is one of the new guard. Though he remains pretty damn quiet on just about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    How often does one sue a company that he himself owns a piece of?
    The NFL is like a trade association, i.e. the individual NFL teams strictly speaking don't own a piece of it. They do finance its operation of course. You can sue companies that have received your money.

Quote Originally Posted by krazylegz View Post
    nfl wont be around in 20 years so who cares
    The NFL will be around as long as college football is around. CFB is more popular than ever, and bigger than the NBA and MLB.

What I do believe is that we will see a decline in revenue for the NFL. But it's still by far the most popular of the four major leagues.

Soccer is gaining popularity due to hipster appeal, but as someone who grew up in a family of soccer fans, playing and watching soccer, I can say it really is a boring game.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 11-10-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Jones' beef goes back to Mara getting the Cowboys and Redskins tagged for lost cap space due to some claimed "interference" before the free agency period around the turn of the decade. He and Snyder also wanted to sue at that point. I wouldn't underestimate Jones here.
    Yeah but the Mara’s and Rooney’s are pretty much the top dogs. If it wasnt for Wellington sharing his money with the other owners, the league would of died YEARS ago. Jones I’m sorry is an ***, he’s doing this because Roger suspend Elliot. Where was he when Tom Brady was going thru the samething?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Going to guess Snyder is one of the new guard. Though he remains pretty damn quiet on just about everything.
    He doesn’t give a ****, he only cares about the redskins

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The NFL will be around as long as college football is around. CFB is more popular than ever, nd bigger than the NBA and MLB.

What I do believe is that we will see a decline in revenue for the NFL. But it's still by far the most popular of the four major leagues.

Soccer is gaining popularity due to hipster appeal, but as someone who grew up in a family of soccer fans, playing and watching soccer, I can say it really is a boring game.
    Yeah the idea the NFL is going to implode within 20 years is kind of absurd. For instance, the NFL is considered to be in panic mode over their lack of viewership and their Thursday night games, which are easily their most reviled, are pulling in comparable viewership numbers as the World Series did.

Not a Cowboy hater by any stretch but JJ is being a complete baby/diva here.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Was speed reading the page and read that as "lead by Rooney Mara" and was like "Wait, what?"
    "Here on the field, from up close, just watching coach Vance Joseph, from here, you watch him now on the screen"- Sergio Dipp

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The NFL will be around as long as college football is around. CFB is more popular than ever, nd bigger than the NBA and MLB.

what kids will be playing college football in 10 years...pretty much poor ones who are trying to get out of a tough life situation....that being said,id be shocked if college football is around in 15 years...so i think im on track
    ....coooookie

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast