Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Brandon Crawford wins Gold Glove

Approve

These GG awards always puzzled me. Is there any strict criteria involved in the choice of winner? Is it based strictly on defensive stats or what? Always seemed a bit ambiguous to me.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

I'm surprised he won considering how awful he was at the plate. Yes, it's a defensive awards but it seems that writers don't give the award to terrible offensive players.
    Kings

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    These GG awards always puzzled me. Is there any strict criteria involved in the choice of winner? Is it based strictly on defensive stats or what? Always seemed a bit ambiguous to me.
    Helpful Link?

http://sabr.org/content/details-new-...n-process-sabr
    Kings

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    These GG awards always puzzled me. Is there any strict criteria involved in the choice of winner? Is it based strictly on defensive stats or what?
    Rafael Palmeiro won the Gold Glove for 1B in 1999...and played 28 games at 1B.

They said Posey didn't get it because he played 99 games at 1st, due to Brandon belt missing so much time. They other guy from the braves played 111 games at catcher which was more then posey.

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    It was thanks

Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    Rafael Palmeiro won the Gold Glove for 1B in 1999...and played 28 games at 1B.
    I remember that. At least now their making an effort to get it more 'defensive'. The link 1213 provided has some good info.