Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Bears keep putting Howard in stretch plays instead of running him straight down the middle . Cohen you can use in stretch because of his size and speed thought this was logical sense ? Cohen targets overall have gotten smaller and smaller these dudes donít known how to use anyone without making it obvious
    Could be wrong on this but I believe that I have read that Howard is actually most effective on stretch plays where he can examine and wait for hole to open and hit that gap rather than run to a single gap. Allows him to use his patience to find a lane. Seems like most of his big runs have happened outside the guards on stretch plays or counters where he can use that patience, especially out of the shotgun. Gives him a chance to break a tackle on a DB so long as o line gets to the backers. Not defending the game plans though, way too much wrong with their usage decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Good thing on the nevermind...you didn't even comment on Grasu in the draft thread:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-overall)-pick

Also, this gem:
    You looked at the wrong thread.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Thread/page14

Petty posting time:

Quote Originally Posted by jmartin80 View Post
    Not a fan of that pick at all.
    I am done watching. Did people not watch our Defense? 2 out of 3 picks to Offense..... dumb
    Friends don't let friends post drunk.

Don't Drink and post.
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    If he ends up being an above average starter (as a third round pick mind you) how is that a wasted/bad pick? You guys are falling into the drafting for need mind set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I wonder if the people bashing this pick realize that we have one center on the roster who also happens to be 32 years old.
    Franchise worst defense. Two years in a row. Now, we spend two out of 3 picks for it. That will never make sense to me.
    And that our OL sucked last year as well, and we have no promising players heading forward besides Long (Slauson to a lesser extent, but also coming off injury). You build in the trenches, and that's what we've done the last two picks.

Complain about defense? Hell we took Goldman and everyone we brought in over the off-season including our HC (along with Fangio) has been defensive.

You guys are buying into the drafting for need too much... big mistake on day one and two.
    I just think that a Center is WAY easier to find than a OLB / defensive presence.

Of course, it makes sense for the long run, but still think a 3rd rounder could have been more beneficial. And again, I admit I suck and that is why they make more then me. Times 50.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    Well I think we are talking about a potential Pro Bowl caliber Center. It isn't going to get much better than that in Rd 3.
    Grasu is an athletic mother****er. Love that as my center.

Derron Smith still available, totally forgot about him.

Smith, Sample, Shaw for FSs.

Still a huge fan of Steven Nelson if we went corner.

Obviously teams scared away of Clemming's for issue but in round 4...

...you weren't getting sacrificed/attacked/challenged. You were mad that we didn't draft Eli Harold and that we went essentially BPA to address some immediate needs. The thread was totally civil and rational. One beat writer compared him to Olin, and BCB said we have a potential PBer on our hands. That's it, and that's a rational conclusion based on sample size, Oregon connection in Chicago, and fit. Didn't pan out as expected, but wasn't remotely an attack on you.
    2017 Chicago Bears Wide Receiver Corps

Petty posting time:

...you weren't getting sacrificed/attacked/challenged. You were mad that we didn't draft Eli Harold and that we went essentially BPA to address some immediate needs. The thread was totally civil and rational. One beat writer compared him to Olin, and BCB said we have a potential PBer on our hands. That's it, and that's a rational conclusion based on sample size, Oregon connection in Chicago, and fit. Didn't pan out as expected, but wasn't remotely an attack on you.
    You win.

I 100% remembered it wrong. I hated the pick. A lot. People loved it, and I didn't. My bad. Thanks for the reminder.

Genuinely - I'm not trying to be a dick bringing stuff up. I've been enough of an aggressive a-hole on this site in the past (deservedly so in the last few years here), and I don't want to be that poster again.

With that said (and as entertaining as it was IMO in the forum's prime years), the pettiness that this forum has had in the past with nit picking every little thing, every little post, every little comment made by someone as a personal slight is eeeeeexhausting.

It'd be awesome if we can deal in facts, speak honestly on our opinions, and keep "revenge posting" for lack of better phrasing at a minimum. This place can still be a pretty cool hangout if we can keep focused on the Bears and banter a bit more focused.

yes, I know I engaged in all of the above in this thread...felt the need to make a point.
    2017 Chicago Bears Wide Receiver Corps

Genuinely - I'm not trying to be a dick bringing stuff up. I've been enough of an aggressive a-hole on this site in the past (deservedly so in the last few years here), and I don't want to be that poster again.

With that said (and as entertaining as it was IMO in the forum's prime years), the pettiness that this forum has had in the past with nit picking every little thing, every little post, every little comment made by someone as a personal slight is eeeeeexhausting.

It'd be awesome if we can deal in facts, speak honestly on our opinions, and keep "revenge posting" for lack of better phrasing at a minimum. This place can still be a pretty cool hangout if we can keep focused on the Bears and banter a bit more focused.

yes, I know I engaged in all of the above in this thread...felt the need to make a point.
    Great example. hahaha Contradict much?

Is grasu this bad due to injury?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Deleted.
    Last edited by jmartin80; 11-14-2017 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Dont feed trolls.

Go head Debo!

Deleted.
    Last edited by jmartin80; 11-14-2017 at 04:44 AM.

Deleted.

Like *******s, we all have opinions. Sometimes I agree - sometimes I don't. In the end, it's supposed to fun here, that's why we come back.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Grasu gets pushed around like a child. So much for that athleticism I was excited about.

Grasu gets pushed around like a child. So much for that athleticism I was excited about.
    Well, you may not have been wrong about the athleticism, he's just weak as ****.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    What happenes in here to warrant all the deletes. I didn't see anything that bad. ????

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast