Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Who on the eagles would you call a "stud" better than anyone we have. Cox isn't much better than Hicks if at all. Their secondary might be slightly better. But with a ton of cap space who knows. Maybe we can improve a bit in a few areas.

Fwiw. I am not in any way comparing us to the Rams who yes. I agree have a lot of big time guys. But the eagles d is nothing to slouch at.

An Eagles D with a Rams O next year would be very nice.
    Fletcher Cox is absolutely better than Hicks. For as good as Hicks can be, it is only on about 50% of his plays. He takes a lot of plays off. They also have Alshon and two stud OTs.

Also, I saw this referenced in a tweet earlier, but Pace absolutely has to keep Loggains around for the rest of the season. He will already have to learn a new play caller next year; don't make it worse by making him learn an interim guy for the rest of this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    Fletcher Cox is absolutely better than Hicks. For as good as Hicks can be, it is only on about 50% of his plays. He takes a lot of plays off. They also have Alshon and two stud OTs.

Also, I saw this referenced in a tweet earlier, but Pace absolutely has to keep Loggains around for the rest of the season. He will already have to learn a new play caller next year; don't make it worse by making him learn an interim guy for the rest of this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    First. Only referring to eagles D. D to ours Not sure what alshon or OT have to do with anything. And FWIW. They didn't have those receivers last year. Similarly to us. Back on point though. while i agree cox might be better. Its not by much. 2nd. I compared our offense to the rams. New play caller. Hopefulky some new WRs and OL.

As far as logains. I agree. Cant really install a new offense anyway. But Fox should go.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    If his endgame is to be a HC - and maybe it's not - not giving him the shot is a big ol' slap in the face. It shows zero confidence in his abilities, and no way would anyone stay in that situation. It shows no loyalty whatsoever to the guy who's pulled his weight over the last few seasons.

If you give it to him and he loses out, then that's on him. At least everyone knows what we have in the guy and you start fresh.

If you give it to him and he shows promise, then you have your guy.

You just don't do that in the workplace. I'm not going to not hire my guy because "well, you're really good now, and I don't want to have you leave if you can't succeed on a bigger stage." That's horseshit.
    This. We have nothing to lose and Fangio has earned a shot. Whether we make him our interim HC and decide to go in a different direction next year, or Fox stays on, Fangio is going to get a shot at HC somewhere. I don't see him staying on as DC unless maybe Harbaugh comes here. Even then, I could still see him jolting for a HC position elsewhere.

I suppose it's possible Vic gets a HC job somewhere, but he's almost 60 years old. He's interviewed for positions too. Makes you wonder why he hasn't gotten a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Alshon.
    1st. Again i refered to the eagles comparison on D. Rams o. Offense. And secondly. They did not have those weapons last year. They signed him going into year two. Sinilarly to how we have cap space to may be pull something similar.

But back to the point. And lwt me spell this out because there seens to be sone comunication issues. Who on the Eagles D is signifigantly better than ours. Yes. Cox is better than Hicks. But not by much. And the rest of the D is nothing that special. But their team D is good just like ours.

Also. To make the point. Our offense vs rams last year. No receivers. Strugling OL. Used FA and trade and draft to get WRs OL and combined that with an OC that has a clue. Both had good rookie RBs who have struggled in their 2nd year. (Mainly due to line issues and Play calling) and rok QBs who. Struggled.

-Rem Koolhaas

If Fox goes, and that seems to have died down since last night, you absolutely give it to Fangio and say show me something.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    I suppose it's possible Vic gets a HC job somewhere, but he's almost 60 years old. He's interviewed for positions too. Makes you wonder why he hasn't gotten a shot.
    Thars why u just don't thibk he is the guy. 60 years old with zero HC experience. He is great at what he does. Let hin keep doing that. Forcing him to be a HC to me just isn't ideal.

-Rem Koolhaas

I'm all on board for letting Fox and Loggains walk after the season is over but I think we should keep them around until then. Better for Trubisky to have some stability there vs. having to learn a bunch of new stuff mid-season.

I don't care much either way anymore if they fire him now or later. It's pretty much a lock that he's gone anyway. I just hope Pace nails the next hire because we're due for a good coach after these last two asswipes.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Game notes

- John Fox should have been fired before he left Soldier Field. 10 offensive penalties at home, coming off of a bye, is inexcusable. That challenge call is inexcusable. In John Fox's tenure as the Chicago Bears head coach the Bears have been favored in six games. How many of those games do you think they have won? The answer is zero. To have your team look like that after a bye week in a self proclaimed must win game is a fireable offense.

- Oompa Loompa Loggains should be gone too. Run-run-pass, run-run-pass...I was seeing it in my nightmares last night.

-Kyle Fuller had his 2nd below average game in a row from my POV.

- Told yall losing Travathen was going to be big. Not only is he your defensive playcaller but in the 2 games he has missed this year the Bears have gotten shredded on the ground.

-What is wrong with Marcus Wheaton? 2 snaps yesterday? What a bust out.

- Without Kyle Long this offensive line drops to below average real fast. Grassu is bad, I am completly comfortable with labeling him a bust. Whitehair has taken a step back and really has never shown himself to be a good NFL guard. Leno and Massie are average at best. So many negative yardage runs...

- Disappointed with the defensive effort. The pass rush for most of the game wasnt there and you cant get slashed like that against those RB's. Like I said, losing Danny T hurts, but it shouldnt have hurt that bad...We definitely need to cool the jets on calling this defense one of the best in the league. Giving up 23 to that Packer offense was a disappointment.

-Just plain tired of losing to the Packers...you would think someone would just get numb to it after awhile but it still hurts. Its not even a god damn rivalry anymore...
    Last edited by Cubs420; 11-13-2017 at 02:14 PM.

wtf?!?!?!

is ron turner calling plays again!?!?!?!?!!?
    Cheers,
    --Tank

Unsurprisingly, the Bears lead the league in negative runs and they also lead the league in 3rd downs of more than 10 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Unsurprisingly, the Bears lead the league in negative runs and they also lead the league in 3rd downs of more than 10 yards.

Im. Not sure who to blame. Fox or Dowel or both

-Rem Koolhaas

Timu should have been starting instead of Jones , Jones only in as the d caller cuz Timu got hurt anyway

So, I didn't read the whole thread but how did you guys feel about Fox's challenge in real-time? Was it easy to tell that they were gonna award GB a touchback? Did it just feel like a wasted challenge anyway given the field position?

Been away for my anniversary and have been keeping sports to a minimum for the wife.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast