Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Roy 'Doc' Halladay Dies in plane crash.

Feel like one of the greatest pitchers I've ever watched deserved its own thread.

So many reports of him being an amazing human.

Will be missed, RIP.

http://nypost.com/2017/11/07/roy-hal...n-plane-crash/

So sad. A two time Cy Young winner gone too soon. He was only 40 yrs old.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

very sad and then it get's me thinking about thurman

very very sad

great pitcher during the roid era

and unlike pedro he pitched against both the sox & yanks

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Yeah. Thurman came to mind for sure.
    It's very sad.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

F--K!!!

My favorite pitcher of this generation along with the unit and, as anyone who has ever played Fantasy w me knows, a stalwart Sauron draft pick even at the end.

There is a funny meme of Halladay goofing behind an unknowing fan wearing his jersey at the zoo as the guy's back is turned away and unknowing from Doc.

A truly f--king sad day.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 11-07-2017 at 06:25 PM.

Any Questions?

i remember always trying to draft him before sauron, He was my favorite pitcher ever after David Wells, very sad day

I remember every time the Yankees played the Jay's seeing his name and thinking that's a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac:31968603
    very sad and then it get's me thinking about thurman

very very sad

great pitcher during the roid era

and unlike pedro he pitched against both the sox & yanks
    Did you just take a jab at the Sox in a thread about the death of one of the greatest pitchers in our generation?

I think you did, considering Pedro has absolutely nothing to do with Halladay's passing.

You sir, are a low life Yankee fan.

Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    i remember always trying to draft him before sauron, He was my favorite pitcher ever after David Wells, very sad day

It became almost a running joke in Fantasy, which, by the way, it has not escaped my notice that the tables seem to have turned in your favor concerning one Mr. Dallas Keuchel.

By the way, is your family alright? I was in PR 3 days after Maria and that s--t was just downright insane.

Any Questions?

RIP. Sad situation and wayyyyyy too young.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Horrible day , reminds me of the day Thurman Munson passed away. Doesn’t seem real. Met him years ago at a BAT event for MLB. Really nice guy, I of course asked wouldn’t you want to play for the Yankees. He didn’t answer but his wife ( or GF) said NY was too congested ...
    #BringBackMatty

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Did you just take a jab at the Sox in a thread about the death of one of the greatest pitchers in our generation?

I think you did, considering Pedro has absolutely nothing to do with Halladay's passing.

Actually, even I can see that Doc was not as lauded as Pedro... but Pedro didn't have to face the other of the top 2 in the AL East.. because he pitched for them.. but Doc had to pitch against both and did it well. Pedro struggled with the yanks.. Doc, struggled with nobody.

Still.. Sad day in Baseball...
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    Actually, even I can see that Doc was not as lauded as Pedro... but Pedro didn't have to face the other of the top 2 in the AL East.. because he pitched for them.. but Doc had to pitch against both and did it well. Pedro struggled with the yanks.. Doc, struggled with nobody.

Still.. Sad day in Baseball...
    Agree with all of this.

Was my take on the comment as well.

Any Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post

that might very well be true

but certainly not for taking a shot at a RS while complementing the departed

heck that's worth bonus points

40 years old is too young. Don't know the children's ages, but he was only 40, so they and his wife were certainly still dependent on him.

We all want to live our lives to the fullest, but when one of us takes risks which might be considered reckless, bad things can occasionally happen to good people. Don't know the reason for the crash, but it was a single engine plane. If something goes wrong with the single engine, you are going down. Don't know whether a twin engine plane might have been better. There were supposedly 3 Maydays. Nothing was said about the actual crash, whether the plane flipped over, etc. With a water landing, there is more resistance than with a tarmac landing. Plane of that size can be equipped with a parachute(s), in case of engine failure and those parachutes would guide the plane's landing better. Extra features cost money, but mitigate risks.

Also flying over water is supposedly difficult from a depth perspective and at some times of day, some individuals have problems determining where the altitude of the horizon, where the sky ends and the water begins. Cory Lidle also died flying over the water near the Statue of Liberty.

Regardless of the risks he took, by all accounts he was a good man, who loved his family and was a good friend and a respected teammate. It's very sad. He will be missed. RIP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast