Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Roy

RIP Roy

“We’re never going to be a high-assist team”, Casey said Thursday morning during an appearance on on SN590 The Fan’s Starting Lineup, “The way DeMar plays, he gets his points off the dribble and in one-on-one situations, and it takes away from that high-assist number. But we have to get the ball moving— and knock down shots once it is.”

RIP Doc. You brought Jays and baseball fans some of the best memories.

Very sad, I can't believe we lost Roy.

Rip Doc.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Rip Doc.

RIP to the greatest pitcher in Blue Jays history.

Terrible. Rest In Peace

What a tragedy. When I was 11 as a disabled child I had the pleasure of meeting Thurman Munson at a United Cerebral Palsy Telethon in New York City and we corresponded for a bit, Well I did, he wrote me 2 short letters but I treasured them. Then like Roy we lost him In a flying mishap. I remember walking Into my freshman Accounting 1 class years later and being told that class was cancelled and why and I walked back to my dorm in tears. In that moment I was the same child again, I didn't know Mr. Halladay but I do remember my sense of loss at losing my childhood hero. To all blue jays fans everywhere I offer my sincerest condolences. It's a terrible loss and far too soon. May God bless you and his family and may he rest in peace.

Remember the joy he brought you and cherish the memories.....
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 11-07-2017 at 06:09 PM.

RIP Doc, such horrible news was a great all around person and a great family man. I don’t think I ever rooted for a former Jay like I did for Doc as a Philly
    Last edited by LanceUpperCut; 11-07-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Jays and Phillies play Aug.22-24th would be a great time for a statue unveiling wouldn’t it.

Tragic. I didn't get to see him pitch as much as others did but a joy to watch. I remember watching his no hitter in the playoffs. He was actually supposed to be in Chicago this weekend for an autograph show.

My 2nd Jays game ever I seen Doc pitch a CG shut out against Detroit. Jays won 1-0.

Man this has been a hard stretch Halladay, Downie, Lahey, Tom Petty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    Tragic. I didn't get to see him pitch as much as others did but a joy to watch. I remember watching his no hitter in the playoffs. He was actually supposed to be in Chicago this weekend for an autograph show.
    He had a hitter in the playoffs?

As a kid born in the 90's Halladay was everything to me as a fan and the reason I watched a 162 games some years. Spending my summer breaks in front of the t.v. watching this guy pitch as much as possible. RIP...

Spent a lot of time on this board in the 00s talking and watching Roy with some of you guys. Really shocked to hear about this today. Tragic for the franchise, baseball and his family.

The Lost Boys of PSD

I was just thinking about when the Blue Jays would retire his number a few days ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast