Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Roy

A bright light in the dark years of the franchise. Always respectful, always a competitor and always max effort. Roy Halladay wasn't just the best pitcher in franchise history, he is the embodiment of what the "Blue Jay way" should be.
    I can remember some tough games he was in and what always struck me was the fierce intensity. The swagger of professionalism and yet simple humbleness for the game.

Doc god bless you for being who you are. RIP

RIP Doc. You were a legend and the only reason to go to a Jays game for a decade. I still remember being at his 1 hitter game when I was about 12. Such a tragedy.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

With so much that happens in the world this shocked me when I heard it.

Sad. RIP.

I'm still at lost for words ...... still have that shock... Roy Halladay the greatest Blue Jay pitcher is now gone

Rest Easy!

Unusually upset about this. I don't normally grieve those that I haven't met unless they are truly special.

I guess this man falls into that category.

I'd have no issue and would actually commend the organization if they retired #32 and/or erected a statue in his honour (let's not forget how devoted his wife Brandy was to Jays care and other fundraising). Great family man and a great family.

RIP to the best pitcher, human being and leader the Jays have ever had in their franchise. If every player emulated Roy's routine and behavior they would be a true hall of famer. Your days as a pitcher came to an end to early, and your life was prematurely taken. The baseball world has lost one of the greats, and we will forever remember your contributions to the game and the Blue Jays franchise.

Prayers sent to family and friends. RIP #32

Man, I'm still shocked about this news. Roy Halladay was one of the reasons why it was easy to cheer for the Blue Jays in the 2000s. I hope they retire his number next year. Gone too soon, farewell Doc

Did you guys see the comment that was on one of the baseball blogs which said Roy got what he deserved? Me and two other guys ripped him a new one for an hour after that.

What kind of animal says Stuff like that?

Daboyz you got it right. He was a Hall of Famer as a player but a better human being
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 11-09-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    Did you guys see the comment that was on one of the baseball blogs which said Roy got what he deserved? Me and two other guys ripped him a new one for an hour after that.

What kind of animal says Stuff like that?

Daboyz you got it right. He was a Hall of Famer as a player but a better human being
    i listened to the whole segment of the podcast. i've never been more disgusted.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i listened to the whole segment of the podcast. i've never been more disgusted.
    Yeah it was disgraceful. Hopefully people boycott there stupid show.

Listening to Mrs Halladay, this is so heartbreaking

this is so so sad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12