Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    One of the best pitchers I've ever seen, I hated when he was on the Phillies but the dude was amazing.

RIPDOC
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

Thank you for just being you Doc.

Hope our organization retires his number. It was obvious he was heartbroken and torn when he asked to leave Toronto (management and ownership at that time was a joke). The fact that he signed a 1 day contract to retire a Jay- it showed where his heart was.

Regardless, he was heralded by all with his work ethic and professionalism, the fact that he was super talented and a humanitarian made him more than just a rich dude playing a kids game.

In all this, his wife needs to be recognized. Brandy was and is an amazing woman; her efforts should be commended. She took her husband's stardom and translated it into doing good for society.

Great family. Good ones do go too early.

....thanks for the memories Doc.

Article, with video before the crash, showing the plane and witnesses saying it was flying erratically.

A day after a plane crash took the life of ex-MLB star pitcher Roy Halladay, witnesses have come forward to say they saw the accident and Halladay was flying erratically.

Video obtained by TMZ Sports shows Halladay, 40, making big changes in altitude as he flew around the Gulf of Mexico — not far from his home in Tarpon Springs, Florida. He’d fly up to 100 feet in the air, according to TMZ, then down to a few feet above the water. TMZ termed it “showboating.”

The video portrays witnesses, who are watching from a boat, as surprised by Halladay’s flying pattern to the point that they’re saying “What the [expletive]?” as they watch. As Halladay’s plane flew up and down, one of the men in the videos said, “That can’t be legal.”

Here’s more on the scene from TMZ:

"TMZ Sports has obtained footage shot by boaters who say the ex-MLB star’s plane was going from 100 feet in the air down to 5 feet and then back up again … repeatedly.

The boaters were so shocked by the flying pattern, they pulled out their cell phones to capture the bizarre dips and rises. Moments later, the plane crashed into the Gulf of Mexico — and the boat full of witnesses raced over to the crash scene to see if they could help. Once they arrived, it was clear the pilot was dead."

When authorities responded to the crash, they said Halladay was dead on site. There was no mayday call, according to the local sheriff’s office. An investigation by the National Transportation Safety Board is pending.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/roy-hallada...175907694.html

Pretty much what I figured. The no mayday call was pretty telling. How sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Article, with video before the crash, showing the plane and witnesses saying it was flying erratically.

https://sports.yahoo.com/roy-hallada...175907694.html
    I'll never understand why people think its a good idea to be so careless.

Edit: after watching this video i guess is see what he was trying to do. But still, careless. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO9dIyNM_9Q
    Last edited by Lincecum4CY; 11-08-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Obviously I don’t know the guy but seems very odd that he’d be so careless and such a showboat based on the kind of guy everyone says he was. Regardless, still sad. Everybody makes mistakes and nobody’s invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Obviously I don’t know the guy but seems very odd that he’d be so careless and such a showboat based on the kind of guy everyone says he was. Regardless, still sad. Everybody makes mistakes and nobody’s invincible.
    Adrenalin junkie. Not surprising for a pro athlete.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

For as much as an asshat move as it was, thank goodness he didn't kill anyone else.

So... Is he a hall of famer or no? I say yes, but I'm definitely a homer on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    So... Is he a hall of famer or no? I say yes, but I'm definitely a homer on this one.
    He's an easy HOFer, probably first ballot. Being derailed by injuries and cutting short his IP means almost nothing to me. He was obviously the best pitcher of his generation. Compares favorably to guys like Koufax, Smoltz, Marichal, as well as some deadballers. I'd put him right in their tier.

watched the video, flying that close to the water seems like a recipe for disaster

the plane was meant for both air and water. for someone who was so meticulous about practice and preparation would it surprise anyone if he was practicing for a water landing and going through the procedure over and over. man i hate tmz.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    the plane was meant for both air and water. for someone who was so meticulous about practice and preparation would it surprise anyone if he was practicing for a water landing and going through the procedure over and over. man i hate tmz.
    Hey, quit with the facts. Don't let what really happened get in the way of their story.
    Baseball has been very very good to me!

You guys are cute

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    It's very possible he was trying a water landing, but I don't think the way he was handling it, from eyewitnesses, was the normal way to land a plane.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast