Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Obviously it's bad, Syria joined it.
    +1

I think the bigger surprise is that Syria has a Govt that can make international agreements.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    +1

I think the bigger surprise is that Syria has a Govt that can make international agreements.
    I agree that it is sad that Syria has more of an ability to join the international community than do we.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I agree that it is sad that Syria has more of an ability to join the international community than do we.
    sometimes dude it is better to let things go than trying to make some insignificant point or jab...

One thing is for certain... I am sure the 500k Syrians killed by their own government no longer have to worry about the effects of climate change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Germany has the 4th highest GDP in the world (USA, China, Japan, then Germany). They're a bigger power than France right now for sure.

Rio Tinto - World's second largest mining company - going coal free.
    and without the US half of their country would still be occupied by the Russians...

Germany are like tenants at the flea market allowed to conduct business only because of the US Military Umbrella

No one was talking about GDP but I can understand why you would want to change the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Sorry you disagree but that's where she sits. She has ascended to that title and Trump has stepped down from it.

I didn't describe her as the military of the world. I said leader. That was quite clear in what I said. But for the record, I believe she could defend her country for almost every country except maybe a couple of her allies like the US.

I don't know anything about her ideology to be honest. That's irrelevant here. George Bush and Barack Obama were both leaders of the free world despite widely different ideologies. Donald Trump is not because he has abdicated moral leadership and the ability to faithfully criticize the actions of bad players like Putin or Un. Small things like saying that we're a group of killers to Bill O'Reilly or larger things like doing nothing when Turkey's thugs come in and beat up Americans on our soil and the biggest of all would be cozying up to the guy who attacked our national sovereignty far more than any of the Mexicans that Trump roundly criticizes for crossing our border.
    No worries dude... if you would be comfortable with a foreign nation occupying your country to protect you militarily then by all means engage in the fantasy that She is the leader of the free world...

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    and without the US half of their country would still be occupied by the Russians...

Germany are like tenants at the flea market allowed to conduct business only because of the US Military Umbrella

No one was talking about GDP but I can understand why you would want to change the narrative.
    Wow you really have a bug up your *** about Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    No worries dude... if you would be comfortable with a foreign nation occupying your country to protect you militarily then by all means engage in the fantasy that She is the leader of the free world...
    You use the words "free world" and then imply that the only way to lead the FREE world is through force. Do you see the irony?
    Last edited by flips333; 11-14-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Wow you really have a bug up your *** about Germany.
    not really... I am actually part German and have visited the country many times...

I just recognize why they are where they are at and who they owe it to...

Do you really think if they had to PAY for their own "security" that their economy would look anything like it does today? No Chance...

Again... the cornerstone of freedom is the ability to defend yourself from Tyranny... last time I checked Germany can't do that without the US... hopefully someday they can so we don't have to waste so many valuable US resources on their security in addition to ALLOWING Them to run one of the largest trade deficits with us of any country $65 Billion in 2016. Talk about a subsidy to prop them up... its not like the items we get from Germany are cheap or even necessary...

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    You use the words "free world" and then imply that the only way to lead the FREE world is through force. Do you see the irony?
    you are probably one of those guys who didn't get the concept of MAD back in the 70s and 80s

nice edit though

not really... I am actually part German and have visited the country many times...

I just recognize why they are where they are at and who they owe it to...

Do you really think if they had to PAY for their own "security" that their economy would look anything like it does today? No Chance...

Again... the cornerstone of freedom is the ability to defend yourself from Tyranny... last time I checked Germany can't do that without the US... hopefully someday they can so we don't have to waste so many valuable US resources on their security in addition to ALLOWING Them to run one of the largest trade deficits with us of any country $65 Billion in 2016. Talk about a subsidy to prop them up... its not like the items we get from Germany are cheap or even necessary...
    Well we can't exactly hold that against them since we were the reason they were prohibited from paying for their own defense for so long.

And despite their prior restrictions on their military, they do have one of the 30 largest militaries in the world, so they aren't completely defenseless, they just aren't a military power in the same way that the US is. But then again, why would they need to be?

You talk about them needing to defend themselves, from who? There is currently absolutely no threat of invasion against them, particularly since they are part of the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well we can't exactly hold that against them since we were the reason they were prohibited from paying for their own defense for so long.

And despite their prior restrictions on their military, they do have one of the 30 largest militaries in the world, so they aren't completely defenseless, they just aren't a military power in the same way that the US is. But then again, why would they need to be?

You talk about them needing to defend themselves, from who? There is currently absolutely no threat of invasion against them, particularly since they are part of the EU.
    Direct invasion... probably not ... but that is because of the US provided Umbrella... The Soviets didn't leave East Germany because the Germans spent them into military oblivion... that was the US.

The idea that Angela Merkel is the leader of the free world is laughable... she is basically an oligarch in Germany at this point who was the benefactor of her country coming back from the grips of the repressive Soviets... Of course, All funded by the US military and a ridiculous imbalance of trade when you consider the two countries levels of industrialization.

Direct invasion... probably not ... but that is because of the US provided Umbrella... The Soviets didn't leave East Germany because the Germans spent them into military oblivion... that was the US.

The idea that Angela Merkel is the leader of the free world is laughable... she is basically an oligarch in Germany at this point who was the benefactor of her country coming back from the grips of the repressive Soviets... Of course, All funded by the US military and a ridiculous imbalance of trade when you consider the two countries levels of industrialization.
    If there is any one world leader at this point who is considered the "leader of the free world", she is likely closest. It sure as heck isn't President Trump at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If there is any one world leader at this point who is considered the "leader of the free world", she is likely closest. It sure as heck isn't President Trump at this point.
    It's definitely not Trump. He attacks his political rivals and the media with his legions of supporters and erodes freedoms of the masses to provide benefit to the select few. He aligns himself with dictators and oppressors. When you bash our allies and praise Duterte and Putin, you're not the leader of the free anything. You're an authoritarian putz.

Yeah. Leader of the free world who tries to dictate to other countries (Poland & Czechoslovakia) her own foreign policy. Then once they don’t comply, she threatens sanctions on their own country’s decision.

Yeah. No thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast