Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    https://twitter.com/howardmegdal/sta...38314075676673

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/928386394334035969

Granderson and Bruce alone totaled about $30 million last year. How do we not have more to spend? This team might as well just completely rebuild if this is how we are going to treat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

I'm not going to worry about the speculation to be honest. No one knows the real number besides Sandy and ownership. I don't expect much this offseason anyway. That's what the Mets are in the business of now (tempering expectations). They'll probably pick up a couple of good relievers and corner INF or SP (innings eater).

This is exactly why I see no chance of Machado next offseason. 30 million dollars, if that's the true number, doesn't buy you much in today's MLB.

Jay Bruce is getting nowhere near that much. Heíll be on the market for a long time ó even if he doesnít cost a pick.

So will JD Martinez.
    200 million my ***.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    So will JD Martinez.
    200 million my ***.
    Too bad he can't play 1B , he would be perfect for the Mets

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69:31971643
    I'm not going to worry about the speculation to be honest. No one knows the real number besides Sandy and ownership. I don't expect much this offseason anyway. That's what the Mets are in the business of now (tempering expectations). They'll probably pick up a couple of good relievers and corner INF or SP (innings eater).

This is exactly why I see no chance of Machado next offseason. 30 million dollars, if that's the true number, doesn't buy you much in today's MLB.
    LOL do people really think we even have a remote shot at Machado?

We'll never sign any of those elite players anymore. They get too much money for our cheap owners to compete. They'd rather get guys on 1 year deals or make trades for guys about to be free agents.

Unfortunately, we're unlikely to see a consistent winning team anytime soon because of this.

I remember saying how the market was so ****ed up and this only farther proved it.

We traded Bruce for a non factor and now he's expecting 5/80...any other team does that, they scoop up the next Lindor in a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I remember saying how the market was so ****ed up and this only farther proved it.

We traded Bruce for a non factor and now he's expecting 5/80...any other team does that, they scoop up the next Lindor in a trade.
    I expect Bruce to sign for something similar to Bay or Granderson. 4 years/68 sounds about right imo. He may get a 5th year as an option but I wouldn't expect it to be guaranteed.

No way JD Martinez sniffs 200 million dollars but thats the Bora's effect.

All I know is **** Jeff Wilpon, Fred Wilpon, and Saul Katz. Its pathetic a NY team has such little money to spend. That their biggest offseason acquisition will probably be a RP.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I expect Bruce to sign for something similar to Bay or Granderson. 4 years/68 sounds about right imo. He may get a 5th year as an option but I wouldn't expect it to be guaranteed.

No way JD Martinez sniffs 200 million dollars but thats the Bora's effect.
    No way Bruce gets that much.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I donít see guys getting that much either, but I been wrong about that many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    No way Bruce gets that much.
    Why? Bruce has a similar career resume to Jason Bay and he got 66 million bucks from the Mets. Not to mention $/WAR has gone up significantly since then. I don't think that's an unreasonable deal. Guys don't make 12 or 13 million a season anymore in FA. Most of the more talented guys are paid at least the QO money annually over a multi year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    All I know is **** Jeff Wilpon, Fred Wilpon, and Saul Katz. Its pathetic a NY team has such little money to spend. That their biggest offseason acquisition will probably be a RP.
    It's not all about how much you spend!
    The Mets made the 2015 World Series...
    And our biggest signing was Michael Cuddyer.

That being said, I wish they would spend more.
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast