Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    That's one reason I don't understand why we didn"t pursue him.

He wasn't that expensive.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Before we blame the Mets for everything that is wrong in the world... letís see what the other team offered

Closing role
    Closer to Ohio to where he lives. (He preferred a Midwest team)

Mets couldnít beat that.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks_champ View Post
    Before we blame the Mets for everything that is wrong in the world... letís see what the other team offered

Closing role
    Closer to Ohio to where he lives. (He preferred a Midwest team)

Mets couldnít beat that.
    Then, it's a make sense move for Addison Reed.

Anyone For A Piece Of Cake?

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by MetsKnicks View Post
    I liked Reed but are there really people who have a love affair with Robles? He is one of those players that I let out an audible groan whenever he's even warming up in the pen.
    Ugh Robles is so bad....he doesn't deserve to be a major league player....

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    What!?! This is nutso.

Why is it nutso??? He was signed for the vet min. 550K? If he plays well, awesome we have a solid 1B.....If not who cares he is being paid peanuts. This is a fine move, I hope we still make some more signings, but this signing does no harm. 550K does not stop us from making other moves and for a player who has been pretty good for most of his career (barring last year because of injury) you really can't be too upset with this move because of how little we paid.

Mike Puma of the New York Post writes that "if healthy," Adrian Gonzalez will probably begin the season as the Mets' starting first baseman.

Via Rotoworld - In other words, Dominic Smith will likely be Triple-A bound to begin the year. The 35-year-old Gonzalez is coming off a year where he was limited to 71 games with a back injury while putting up a career-worst .642 OPS, so it's probably way too soon to talk with any certainty about this situation. But clearly the Mets aren't exactly sold on Smith just yet.
    Last edited by ImTheKing30; 01-16-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Yup, in less Gonzo is hurt or showed nothing in ST, he will start the year as the Mets first baseman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheKing30 View Post
    Mike Puma of the New York Post writes that "if healthy," Adrian Gonzalez will probably begin the season as the Mets' starting first baseman.

In other words, Dominic Smith will likely be Triple-A bound to begin the year. The 35-year-old Gonzalez is coming off a year where he was limited to 71 games with a back injury while putting up a career-worst .642 OPS, so it's probably way too soon to talk with any certainty about this situation. But clearly the Mets aren't exactly sold on Smith just yet.
    Two hedges in Puma's statement, which is supported by no attribution: a) "if healthy". This can mean anything from he's able to touch his toes to swinging the bat like it's 2012 again. b) "probably". Which means, anything can happen. Hopefully Gonzalez' presence motivates Smith and brings out his best.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    Two hedges in Puma's statement, which is supported by no attribution: a) "if healthy". This can mean anything from he's able to touch his toes to swinging the bat like it's 2012 again. b) "probably". Which means, anything can happen. Hopefully Gonzalez' presence motivates Smith and brings out his best.
    Agreed....I saw the "probably" and took that as, nothing is set in stone. By the way I forgot to source this, but i didn't write that second paragraph....That was written by Rotoworld. Sorry, I should fix that now.

Thanks. Fix helped. Competition is good.

Per MetsBlog Mets feel they can get Josh Harrison with Nimmo as the main piece.....I would be thrilled, hope it happens.

I might be in the minority on this but, I prefer to hold on to Nimmo rather than trade him for Harrison. A player of Harrison's caliber can be found in FA. I don't think we should be trading way one of the few young, controllable players with upside that we have for a guy who can be bought in FA. Now I understand we probably will not buy a player of that caliber anyway, but with that said I'd actually prefer simply signing Reyes to a vet min contract and going with Flores as the everyday 2B.

We do need to eventually find a more long term 3B option, but I don't want to do it at the expense of Nimmo unless it is for a player that I think is of higher value than someone like Josh Harrison. I like Nimmo's upside and even though we have Bruce, Conforto, and Cespedes all under contract, I think if Nimmo can sustain the high OBP in the big leagues, they will find a place for him in the lineup.

I'll take Harrison, but I think we can get him for less than Nimmo. Look what the Pirates got for Cutch and Cole... we shouldn't have to give up Nimmo for Harrison. Stay patient Sandy... and wait for the Pirates to cave. They probably just want to get salary relief for him anyway so I think he can be had for a lesser prospect than Nimmo.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 01-16-2018 at 09:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

I would love for us to play Nimmo more and see what he can do. But I just don't see that happening.

Either deal him for Harrison or watch his value plummet and watch him become nothing as he never gets to play on this team.

I was the first guy to talk about giving Nimmo a shot everyday (OK probably not)

I still think heís going to be a better MLer than Smith, also guys like Flores and TDA. He just doesnít fit on this team with guys under contract for 3+ years.

Nimmo to me could put up a .280/.360/.450 slashline with plenty of doubles and average corner defense. Iíve said plenty of times but he can be a poor mans Yelich.

No

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    No

Maybe.

Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast