Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    “If the pitching doesn’t come around, it doesn’t come around,” Alderson said according to Newsday. “The strategy to compete is really predicated on the pitching. That’s the strength of our team. If we end up with the same problems with the pitching this year that we had last year, it ain’t going to happen. We’re not going to be competitive.”
    I would fire him just for making a comment like this. Inexcusable!
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Inconceivable!

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Love it. I would absolutely love Cain in center, it would also make Nimmo or Lagares expendable. Imagine if we sign Santana or Morrison too, Smith and Lagares could be used in a blockbuster to get a 2nd baseman and a quality reliever/starter.

If we stand by the 30MM we have to spend this offseason then Cain/Santana will probably take up all of that. Alderson hinted at convincing ownership to match our opening day payroll which would probably give us an extra 5-10MM on top of that. Trading Lagares and Harvey frees up another 20MM to sign multiple relievers and/or a starter but I don't think Sandy wants to trade Lagares just yet, not unless he signs Cain or is in the market for Gomez/Maybin.

I been on the Cain train for a while, so if you can get him, get him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe in a Lagares/Nimmo platoon more than overpaying for Lorenzo Cain.
    I believe in Dominic Smith more than signing a Logan Morrison or Carlos Santana.
    I believe the Mets are fine offensively and should focus on Starting Pitching / Bullpen.
    World Championships

Miracle Mets

Super Bowl III

Dr. J (ABA)

Potvin's Cups

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Mets looking at Reyes and Neil Walker again.

Yay for doing the same ****ing thing every off season.

**** it let’s sign Walker, Bruce and Reyes, Addison Reed and some bargain bin relievers and go for it!

The offense was pretty good last year, so I honestly wouldn't mind bringing back a couple of those guys. I think I'll pass on Walker, though. Can't stay healthy, and his power from the left side in 16' was a fluke.

We need help in the rotation, not just the bullpen. I'm not counting on anything from Wheeler, Harvey, or Matz, and if we go into the year relying on some combination of them to be our 3-5 then we're ****ing doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    The offense was pretty good last year, so I honestly wouldn't mind bringing back a couple of those guys. I think I'll pass on Walker, though. Can't stay healthy, and his power from the left side in 16' was a fluke.

We need help in the rotation, not just the bullpen. I'm not counting on anything from Wheeler, Harvey, or Matz, and if we go into the year relying on some combination of them to be our 3-5 then we're ****ing doomed.
    I agree with you.
    World Championships

Miracle Mets

Super Bowl III

Dr. J (ABA)

Potvin's Cups

https://twitter.com/mlbnetworkradio/...36858303942657

https://twitter.com/jim_bowdensxm/st...34711793328128

Might as well sticky this too. We can at least talk about other FA going elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    I believe in a Lagares/Nimmo platoon more than overpaying for Lorenzo Cain.
    I believe in Dominic Smith more than signing a Logan Morrison or Carlos Santana.
    I believe the Mets are fine offensively and should focus on Starting Pitching / Bullpen.
    I believe the children are the future.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I been on the Cain train for a while, so if you can get him, get him!

It would be nice to be able to sign one guy that will immediately take care of a couple of things that this team has needed for a while now in a true leadoff hitter with speed to steal bases and not only L.Cain would do that but D.Gordon could as well. It sure would be nice to have both of those needs on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I believe the children are the future.
    Show them all the beauty they possess inside.

Our money should be spent on one of Otani, Darvish, or Arrieta, in that order. Darvish will likely cost too much.

We should be all in on Otani. Trade for some intl money. After signing Cain, Lagares should go.

No reason we can't sign Otani and Cain, then trade Lagares for whatever you can get. That frees more money to sign a quality RP like Brian Shaw.

Nunez wouldn't cost much and would be an upgrade at what we went with at 3B last year. He's not great, but certainly better than Reyes.

Go with a 1B platoon of Flores and Smith, and Flores and Walker at 2B and the offense will be fine, and we've suddenly improved our SP and bullpen as well.

We can easily afford these moves and it greatly improves the team from last year.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast