Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Why Bruce in left? He has never played in left.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    One of my pet peeves.

Makes ZERO sense for his refusnig to play right. I completely understand why he won't play center. He SUCKS out there.
    Yep. I bet if we swapped Bruce and Ces in the outfield that both of them would produce more defensive value.

Sorry if someone mentioned this already, if so, I haven't seen it.

Heyman came out with a report that says the Mets had a deal in place for Kipnis and it fell through for no other reason than that ownership refused to add that money. I mean, I don't even want Kipnis but if that's true, it's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post

Heyman came out with a report that says the Mets had a deal in place for Kipnis and it fell through for no other reason than that ownership refused to add that money. I mean, I don't even want Kipnis but if that's true, it's ridiculous.
    I doubt it's true. It's probably a combination of reasons. Bottom line is, the deal just didn't work out.

Reporters are often quick to blame the Mets for refusing to take on the money for trades that don't go through. It was false when they said it about the Carlos Gomez would be trade and it was false when some were mentioning it about the failed Kinsler trade this offseason.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Yep. I bet if we swapped Bruce and Ces in the outfield that both of them would produce more defensive value.
    I don't see why. Bruce has played RF his entire career and Cespedes has been in LF his entire career with a GG there a few years ago.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post

I don't think money was the hang up because they essentially gave that money to Bruce yesterday. The better question is would the Mets be willing to add Bruce and someone of Kipnis's salary. We'll find out I guess depending on their interest in Frazier, Moustakas, Walker, etc.

John Harper was reporting today that the Mets still have interest in McCutchen. I don't know why that would be the case when they're carrying 5 OFers at the moment, unless the plan would be to trade Lagares or Nimmo in that deal and move Bruce to 1st base.

I wonder if the Yankees embarassing them on the market made Fred and Jeff decide to open the coffers a bit.

Still, I'll believe it when I see it.

We can criticize ownership/front office all we want (god knows they deserve it) but let's enjoy this. THE HOT STOVE IS BURNING!
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I don't think money was the hang up because they essentially gave that money to Bruce yesterday. The better question is would the Mets be willing to add Bruce and someone of Kipnis's salary. We'll find out I guess depending on their interest in Frazier, Moustakas, Walker, etc.

John Harper was reporting today that the Mets still have interest in McCutchen. I don't know why that would be the case when they're carrying 5 OFers at the moment, unless the plan would be to trade Lagares or Nimmo in that deal and move Bruce to 1st base.
    I highly doubt we are still pursuing Cutch. That would make little sense. My bet is we are still after Harrison for a cheaper trade. But I also definitely think we are still in on Moose, Frazier, and Walker. I think we will spend more money if a great value deal is available and judging from the current market, I think there will be deals to be had. Eduardo Nunez is another guy to think about. Even if it's someone like Kendrick or even Reyes for a cheaper price, I think we'll add another infielder for sure. In the grand scheme of things, I think our FO and ownership might view this as an ideal time to make additions to the roster without spending too much money. If they wait to make a move next offseason for instance, it might cost more. Who knows how long this suppressed market is gonna last. If I'm trying to win, but doing so in a very cost efficient way, then investing in this FA market might be the best way to go about it.

I'm a little less confident that we'll add a reliever. The price on these guys is no suppressed. I could see us signing a really cheap reliever to a minor league contract or something like that, but I'm a little less confident they'll go out and sign a guy like Reed.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 01-12-2018 at 12:57 PM.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I wonder if the Yankees embarassing them on the market made Fred and Jeff decide to open the coffers a bit.

Still, I'll believe it when I see it.
    I think it had more to do with the ice cold FA market. I said it a while back but basically, the cold market probably helped us a lot as prices dropped into our ideal range. Above all else, Alderson looks for good value. That's the best way to view him and that's the ideology he subscribes to most. Well, in this FA market there is a lot of good value out there, so I'm not shocked that we are still seeing more rumors right now.
    Marmolololololol

If we are still pursuing Cutch... Then we are either moving Bruce to first and trading Smith. Or Conforto is really really hurt

I read a report that contradicts the idea that we are still pursuing Cutch. I highly doubt we are.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    If we are still pursuing Cutch... Then we are either moving Bruce to first and trading Smith. Or Conforto is really really hurt
    The last thing I heard about Conforto was that he might not be ready by Opening Day, but maybe a few days later. That's what Conforto himself said. The point may have just been to show he's not going to rush back, but I don't think anyone expects him to miss significant time to start the year.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    The last thing I heard about Conforto was that he might not be ready by Opening Day, but maybe a few days later. That's what Conforto himself said. The point may have just been to show he's not going to rush back, but I don't think anyone expects him to miss significant time to start the year.
    That is is all true. But this is also the Mets we are talking about so he'll probably be back sometime around July.
    Marmolololololol

Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast