Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Lightbulb ESPN Lowe mentions Bucks still have interests in Suns Bledsoe

Phoenix trades Eric Bledsoe to (maybe) the Nuggets
    This should happen, even if Bledsoe is (if you wish really hard) young enough at 27 to still be good when the Phoenix kiddos are ready to win. How about Emmanuel Mudiay, Darrell Arthur (present for salary-matching), Juancho Hernangomez and an unprotected Denver first-round pick?

Phoenix has asked for more in the past, but the Suns have to accept the reality of Bledsoe's market. They get a free look at a lottery-pick point guard on their age timeline, a crafty, sweet-shooting combo forward in Hernangomez, and another pick in the quiver.
    Denver would miss Hernangomez; they need him to sop up wing minutes. Tough. Every upgrade comes at a cost. Any three-for-one deal would put the Suns over the roster limit, but they have easy avenues to address that.

Bledsoe would give Denver at least two plus defenders in its starting five. He's not the cleanest fit on offense with Jokic, but he can adapt; a team relying on Bledsoe to run every possession isn't going anywhere, anyway. He's big enough to defend some wings and play alongside Jamal Murray, unlocking more small-ball lineups.

Bledsoe would swell Denver's 2018-2019 tax bill, but they have almost two years to unload a big salary -- Kenneth Faried, Mason Plumlee (on a fat new deal despite negative leverage!) or perhaps even Wilson Chandler next season if Chandler picks up his option.

The Clippers might poke around a Bledsoe reunion. The Pelicans could get desperate if Rajon Rondo's recovery from a sports hernia goes haywire. The Bucks have a long-standing jones for him, but it's unclear how they would match salaries. Don't count out some of the bad Eastern Conference teams with long-term point guard questions or untrained prospects: Orlando, New York and, especially, Chicago.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ctions-2017-18

I remember that summer Cavs traded Wiggins for Love. I think it was same summer Wolves asked about Bledsoe. Suns asked for Wiggins. Bucks had interests in Bledsoe as well. Then when they wanted Wiggins we got quiet and bowed out. Not sure about salaries.

Not sure we could get Bledsoe without parting with Brogdon. Suns seem all in with youth movement when they benched all their vets end of last season. Parker and Henson and a pick for Bledsoe? But if Parker stays healthy here on out that trade is lousy for us over paying then.

You guys willing to part with Brogdon as the main piece headed out for Bledsoe? Yeah we need salary fillers and maybe a pick or not yet besides. Suns could consider Telly as a salary filler. I'd hate to part with Brogdon. But if we can keep Middleton and get Bledsoe. We be pretty exciting. Then if we get to keep Parker yet as well as Maker and Wilson. I'd maybe consider dealing Brogdon and salary fillers and a future first since we would be probably drafting in the early 20's or late teens here on out.

Eric Bledsoe $14,500,000 $15,000,000

I'd consider Parker and either Delly or Telly for Bledsoe. Doubt they want or need Henson. Even though Henson's contract declines in price each year here on out. I'd consider making the deal bigger junk for junk if Suns are willing too. Like Dudley or Chandler or injured Knight. Knight is close buds with Middleton. That may sway Middleton to staying here. Hard to say.

id take knight or bledsoe. i like them both. good firepower either way.

Where Becoming a Legend Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

Knight is out for the year and has an awful contract. I'd be willing to part with Brogdon for sure, but I'm not sure why they'd want him. Giving up Bledsoe for a package where the primary peice is a guard probably isn't what they are looking for.

Espn also just posted an article that says we are interested in a reunion with Richard Jefferson. The article also mentions we are shooing Vaughn and Henson, and we've allegedly been offering to attach a 2nd to Vaughn.

So that probably puts a hamper on vaughns breakout year. If we are looking tibsalsry dump him, it's probably not a good sign.

Not sure why we're trying to dump Vaughn when Green was waived. Yeah if we claim RJ off of waivers then $5,000 in the tax. But if he clears waivers. We can sign him to vet minimum. Why we need another roster spot? Another trade looming? I don't like the idea of giving away Vaughn when it seems he's about to breakout this season. Kidd pushing for another old guy mentor buddy.

Unless salary dumping Vaughn to use extra money for Morrow and RJ?

More I think about it. Suns do seem like a good trading partner. We liked Dudley before. Suns seem like a youth movement all the way. Kidd also knows Chandler. Bucks linked to Bledsoe. Heck we had Knight but he's injured. But before that ACL injury I would of considered him. Last time we had him before trade deadline we had 30 wins before half way mark.

Then got MCW and barely snuck into playoffs. But yeah then we gelled and gave Bulls a nice run that year. A buddy at work even suggested a all in move with Suns at work. Something along the lines of Parker, Vaughn, Telly, Henson, Delly and a pick for Bledsoe, Knight, Dudley, Chandler.

Just all based on rumors of us linked to Bledsoe. Newly rumored Vaughn shopped. Telly, Delly, Henson all contracts that need to be dumped. Heck Cavs could be third team to facilitate taking Delly and they pitch Frye back to Suns. Or we get Frye and Dudley, Bledsoe, Chandler for Delly, Parker, Vaughn, Telly, Henson. Then leave Knight out of the deal. Besides Kidd gets RJ as well. Also extra roster spot.

Bledsoe,Brogdon
    Brogdon,Snell,Jet,Brown
    Middleton,Giannis,Snell,Dudley,RJ,Wilson
    Giannis,Maker,Middleton,Dudley,RJ,Wilson,Frye
    Chandler,Moose,Maker,Wilson

That's 14 guys. So we have 1 more spot besides 2 two way deals.

That team should be a second round playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    More I think about it. Suns do seem like a good trading partner. We liked Dudley before. Suns seem like a youth movement all the way. Kidd also knows Chandler. Bucks linked to Bledsoe. Heck we had Knight but he's injured. But before that ACL injury I would of considered him. Last time we had him before trade deadline we had 30 wins before half way mark.

Then got MCW and barely snuck into playoffs. But yeah then we gelled and gave Bulls a nice run that year. A buddy at work even suggested a all in move with Suns at work. Something along the lines of Parker, Vaughn, Telly, Henson, Delly and a pick for Bledsoe, Knight, Dudley, Chandler.

Just all based on rumors of us linked to Bledsoe. Newly rumored Vaughn shopped. Telly, Delly, Henson all contracts that need to be dumped. Heck Cavs could be third team to facilitate taking Delly and they pitch Frye back to Suns. Or we get Frye and Dudley, Bledsoe, Chandler for Delly, Parker, Vaughn, Telly, Henson. Then leave Knight out of the deal. Besides Kidd gets RJ as well. Also extra roster spot.

Bledsoe,Brogdon
    Brogdon,Snell,Jet,Brown
    Middleton,Giannis,Snell,Dudley,RJ,Wilson
    Giannis,Maker,Middleton,Dudley,RJ,Wilson,Frye
    Chandler,Moose,Maker,Wilson

That's 14 guys. So we have 1 more spot besides 2 two way deals.

That team should be a second round playoff team.
    No way the Bucks have good enough luck to get all of their bad contracts off the books in one deal. Horst would be GM of the year

I still don't understand why everyone is so willing to move Brogdon, especially for an injury prone guard. Bledsoe would be fine if he could play more than 40 games, but that's been rare.

I'd consider moving Parker and I would consider moving Maker before Brogdon. Parker has injury issues and I'm not liking how much he's going to cost to retain. Maker still seems like a project to me. He can't bang around in the post and his shot isn't great. Watching him (granted limited time) this off-season Maker hasn't impressed me at all.

I still think moving Telly/Henson won't happen until perhaps the trade deadline when teams are willing to take on a bad contract in order to get a draft pick in return. Very likely we see one if not both of them get moved for an expiring deal, where we also throw in a draft pick and maybe a Vaughn.

I don't always suggests trading Brogdon. Just slide him to SG. Yeah Maker is bit of a project. Seems he put on some weight this year. Seems a bit soft. Not aggressive like Giannis swatting shots all over the place. Maker needs a little mean streak in him.

Maker to me looks clumsy and slow footed. He's basically a waste of space on offense, good for a corner 3 chance or perhaps a dump off down low, but you can't design plays around him or expect him to contribute much in offensive rebounding. Defensively he's active but he's going to be in foul trouble a lot if we expect anything more than 15-20 minutes a game. I prefer him over Henson, just because at least with Thon there's some decent upside. But Monroe should be getting the bulk of the minutes (for most matchups).

If Maker doesn't show signs of improvement this season or next. May force Giannis into playing "point center" soon enough. Brogdon,Snell,Parker,Middleton,Giannis. Maker off the bench maybe a better option. Maybe as a stretch 4.

I'd also be open to brining Moose back. I'm a much bigger fan oh him than most fans seem to be.

With Giannis bulk he basically looks like a center. If we could play him there it would be a mismatch nightmare for most teams. Completely taking bigs out of the lineup that can't defend his quickness.

^im a big moose fan too. and id also rather move maker than brogdon. they are both high IQ players. i still think emeka would be a great addition to help maker along if we can move henson

Where Becoming a Legend Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast