Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey Draft Gurus

The thing I am happiest about with Tatum has been his defense. He's the offensive player he was said to be and will continue to get better as his body matures. But he was undersold on defense. He's not a stud, but he's far from a liability like many were predicting. Maybe it's the Brad Stevens affect (I'm certain it's helping) but a lot is just that Tatum knows how to use his length to play solid defense.

Haven't seen enough of Fultz to bash him yet. He's still very young. But as of now it was a solid trade and I am more than happy with the results.

City of Champions

Man... Markelle Fultz... Right now he's the worst pick out of the 17' lottery selections... I'm sure DA and Stevens gut was JT, but what a call trading away the 1st pick to avoid Fultz while picking up another potential top 5 pick...

To be a fly on the wall overhearing their discussions about Fultz...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

I wrote on a tangent issue earlier today. Tatum, Kyrie, and a 1st for IT, Crowder, Zizic, 1st and a 2nd? DA is a wizard.

Despite all the crap Ainge has gotten for being too patient or his picks - is clearly the only other great GM in Celts history that matters outside of Auerbach. Volk did the paperwork for Red. Gavitt was a disgrace. Carr was a joke.

Ainge GM for 15 years 2nd place. Red essentially GM for 40 years obviously 1st.

This year is a lot like 1980-81, 2007-08, and 1971-72 (when they did not win it). We have a top 5 GM a top 3 Coach, a young team. These are the good times.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Don’t forget about good ole’ Ricky P...

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Don’t forget about good ole’ Ricky P...
    Thanks... I just had a huge lunch, and now the bile is coming up my throat....

The worst thing that blighter did is strip Red of his Title of President. Ah Hoe.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post

The worst thing that blighter did is strip Red of his Title of President. Ah Hoe.
    Every time I bring him up my blood boils... It's one thing for a rookie to under perform, but to trade Billups away because he didn't mesh with Pitino... And how did his pre-draft conversations go with Pitino...??? I'm glad Billups turned into a very very good player...

Where do the Celtics go if Billups isn't traded...??? Billups-Pierce-Walker... Imagine the C's draft Manu at 55 instead of Clack... Billups-Manu-Pierce-Walker...

I hated Pitino... It's all karma now boy...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

How potentially bad can the Kings be next season...??? IMO they'll be the worst team in the league with less than 20 wins easily...

Reggie Lewis

How potentially bad can the Kings be next season...??? IMO they'll be the worst team in the league with less than 20 wins easily...
    I don't think they'll be the worst team in the league. I actually like the young guys they have. They're still way to young to do anything and that roster is a jumbled mess, but I could see them start to make some strides next year. My guess is that pick falls 3-8

City of Champions

Gary Trant Jr. having a solid freshman season at Duke... I like players who has the pro sport pedigree... Probably doesn't get past late lottery or even #20, but he'd be a nice player to look at...

Maybe DA has a trade plan where he can move up using the C's 1st and a player...

Reggie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post

and give Travis Knight a 7 year contract! and trade Billups in 3 seconds....and draft Ron Mercer ahead of Tracy McGrady...should I continue
    El Presidente

Right now i expect the Kings to be the worst team in the league next year....although Dallas, Memphis or NY could go tank mode also
    El Presidente

Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    Right now i expect the Kings to be the worst team in the league next year....although Dallas, Memphis or NY could go tank mode also
    IMO Cuban isn't having back to back losing seasons... he'll take this year and get a good pick... But next season... He's gonna open the checkbook up...

Memphis is also a franchise that has that tough guy pride... They'll take the lumps this season get into the lotto and then look to be a better team next season...

NY... Who knows... They have no direction IMO... If they tank it's because the truly stink not because they have a plan to sink... The days of a good front office in NY is gone IMO...

Reggie Lewis

IMO Cuban isn't having back to back losing seasons... he'll take this year and get a good pick... But next season... He's gonna open the checkbook up...

Memphis is also a franchise that has that tough guy pride... They'll take the lumps this season get into the lotto and then look to be a better team next season...

NY... Who knows... They have no direction IMO... If they tank it's because the truly stink not because they have a plan to sink... The days of a good front office in NY is gone IMO...
    Cuban might not want to have back to back losing seasons but he might not have much choice. Wes Matthews is not the same player he was before his achilles injury and Harrison Barnes is not a superstar...and Dennis Smith Jr and whoever they get this year in the draft will need another year to develop. Until Dallas can get past the Wes Matthews/Barnes contracts and move past the Dirk era I think you will see another losing season for the Mavs next year.
    El Presidente

I hope you are right and that Sacramento sucks next year....remember though...we dont get the 2019 pick if it ends up being #1
    El Presidente

Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    I hope you are right and that Sacramento sucks next year....remember though...we dont get the 2019 pick if it ends up being #1
    If the lakers pick doesn't convey this year we get the more favorable pick of Sacramento/Philly. But even if sacramento pick lands #1 Celtics still get phillys pick.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast