Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey Draft Gurus

Hey Draft Gurus

How's the trade of Fultz and selection of Tatum looking now?

Tatum looks awesome. Definitely working out so far.

I don't think Fultz' shoulder is anything long-term though. He's going to be an absolute stud when he's healthy. I'd still take him over Tatum one on one if I could do the draft again. BUT, Tatum has shown me so much that now I like the 2 for 1 trade we made. I doubt Fultz will be better than Tatum plus another high pick.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Tatum looks awesome. Definitely working out so far.

I don't think Fultz' shoulder is anything long-term though. He's going to be an absolute stud when he's healthy. I'd still take him over Tatum one on one if I could do the draft again. BUT, Tatum has shown me so much that now I like the 2 for 1 trade we made. I doubt Fultz will be better than Tatum plus another high pick.
    Yeah, Tatum is looking real good and the Paul Pierce comparison looks to be on schedule...so far through 11 games LOL! They needed a front court player too IMO so it looks like they made the right deal.

Fultz might end up a stud...we'll see.

Through 11 games it looks great!!!

Letís see in a few years when both careers are on path and we see what we get with the other pick.

Still would have taken Fultz at 1. Not taking anything away from Tatum, he's been easily the best rookie of this draft thus far but I just don't see Tatum's ceiling being as high as Fultz... hope he proves me wrong.

The extra pick DA acquired is overstated as well. Lakers will likely be just good enough to be outside the bottom 5 teams this season (ATL,CHI,SAC,DAL are tanking HARD) which means the pick is the better of PHI/SAC which is #1 protected in 2019 draft. PHI won't be tanking next season, so you basically are praying SAC sucks/tanks but doesn't land in the top pick otherwise you just get PHI ****** mid-late first.

Still think DA overthought the whole draft thing.
    Last edited by Celticsfan2007; 11-08-2017 at 07:02 PM.
    2015/2017 Superbowl Champs

Oh geez...now he's in a walking boot...hopefully it's not serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post
    Still would have taken Fultz at 1. Not taking anything away from Tatum, he's been easily the best rookie of this draft thus far but I just don't see Tatum's ceiling being as high as Fultz... hope he proves me wrong.

The extra pick DA acquired is overstated as well. Lakers will likely be just good enough to be outside the bottom 5 teams this season (ATL,CHI,SAC,DAL are tanking HARD) which means the pick is the better of PHI/SAC which is #1 protected in 2019 draft. PHI won't be tanking next season, so you basically are praying SAC sucks/tanks but doesn't land in the top pick otherwise you just get PHI ****** mid-late first.

Still think DA overthought the whole draft thing.
    Sacremento will be a top 6 pick in 2019 and they wont be the worst team in the league. Whether or not we get lakers or SAC pick, it was an absolute steal of a trade by Danny right now. Tatum is much better than anyone could have anticipated.

Considering how we got kyrie and how the off season turned out, it is awesome that we got the extra pick. Even if it doesnt convey this year, it will they year after and I dont see Sacremento being a good team in the west any time soon.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

The new lottery format goes into effect in 2019. If the Sixers or Kings pick isn't #1 overall, it still has a chance to be as valuable.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/09/2...ttery-system#/

Lottery chances 2019:

Team No. Odds
    Team 1 14.0%
    Team 2 14.0%
    Team 3 14.0%
    Team 4 12.5%
    Team 5 10.5%
    Team 6 9.0%
    Team 7 7.5%
    Team 8 6.0%
    Team 9 4.5%
    Team 10 3.0%

Please! Whomever compares Tatum with Pierce need to step forward with their arguments.

Tatum is a better 3PT shooter, clearly.

He drives to the basket "cleaner/faster" than Pierce, that means Piece was always looking to pick up fouls and sometimes less interested in making the shot. Seems like he has better vision in his drives for the pass, but I need more time to be sure.

Tatum is a better defender/more attentive than anything PP did before 2007-08 - clearly.

Tatum is already playing at a level that Pierce was below except 2007-09. Tatum is still a kid.

Comparing Tatum to PP before too much longer will be seen as an insult to Tatum to all but slavish PP fans.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Tatum is so smooth and long, I love his style. Even when we got the number 1 pick, I liked all 4 prospects, but I liked tatums upside, he was the number 2 prospect coming out of HS. He's a very good rebounder too. If he adds some muscle, which he will, the league better watch out

Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    Tatum is so smooth and long, I love his style. Even when we got the number 1 pick, I liked all 4 prospects, but I liked tatums upside, he was the number 2 prospect coming out of HS. He's a very good rebounder too. If he adds some muscle, which he will, the league better watch out
    ^^^

I love how little praise he gets from posters on PSD and other boards... They probably don't want to say "wow, that ballsy move DA made on draft day is turning out to be an absolute steal... Tatum can probably start for most teams from the get"...

He will definitely add muscle... His shoulder width gives that away... His dad gave him some solid genes... He's contributing big time during a winning season... The day that he becomes the #1 option, wow...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Well right now Danny looks like a genius. I welcomed the trade when we did it and based on the first month of the season it appears it has worked out so far.

Fultz seems immature and raw and also seems to be very messed up in the head in regards to his basketball skills and self confidence. Not sure what kind of a person he will grow up to be...he is still so young and such...but right now Danny looks like he made a great trade and depending on who we get with the LA/Sac pick this trade could keep giving for a long time.
    El Presidente

Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    Well right now Danny looks like a genius. I welcomed the trade when we did it and based on the first month of the season it appears it has worked out so far.

Fultz seems immature and raw and also seems to be very messed up in the head in regards to his basketball skills and self confidence. Not sure what kind of a person he will grow up to be...he is still so young and such...but right now Danny looks like he made a great trade and depending on who we get with the LA/Sac pick this trade could keep giving for a long time.
    Yup... Even if JT and Fultz have identical careers, DA won with the draft pick IMO... It's either a lottery this year or next year...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Please! Whomever compares Tatum with Pierce need to step forward with their arguments.

He drives to the basket "cleaner/faster" than Pierce, that means Piece was always looking to pick up fouls and sometimes less interested in making the shot. Seems like he has better vision in his drives for the pass, but I need more time to be sure.

Tatum is a better defender/more attentive than anything PP did before 2007-08 - clearly.

Tatum is already playing at a level that Pierce was below except 2007-09. Tatum is still a kid.

Comparing Tatum to PP before too much longer will be seen as an insult to Tatum to all but slavish PP fans.

LOL! Let's put his jersey up in the rafters after 13 games. IMO he has the goods to make it there someday but as of right now it seems like you need to have a talk with Paul Pierce:

"He looks like an older version of me, when I started doing the step-back and stuff," Pierce said, per A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England. "When Iím watching him, he looks like a mature version of my game, like sixth, seventh, eighth year. He sees the defense. He knows whatís going to happen before it happens. He understands his position, footwork, his step-back (jumper) is there. His offensive repertoire seems complete. The sky is the limit for that kid."

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post

Pierce is widely regarded as a top 50 player of all-time...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast