Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 155
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    80,634

    2017-18 In-season trade ideas

    Kings may or may not be active at the deadline this season. I can see them realistically trading ZBo, Carter, Hill, Koufos, & possibly Temple. Basically all the vets. Use this thread to discuss Kings trade rumors or trade ideas.



    “Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    American Canyon, CA
    Posts
    4,776
    I can see WCS to be the first one out the door, he has to rebound the ball better period.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    American Canyon, CA
    Posts
    4,776
    Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Kings may or may not be active at the deadline this season. I can see them realistically trading ZBo, Carter, Hill, Koufos, & possibly Temple. Basically all the vets. Use this thread to discuss Kings trade rumors or trade ideas.
    I see it the other way. I think we will be getting rid .of aome of the young players that aren't here for the long term process. Other wise we will without have to take back an even worse contract.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,170
    What was the point of signing them in the first place? To mentor the young? So if we trade them, who will show the young guys the way?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    80,634
    Quote Originally Posted by GoferKing_ View Post
    What was the point of signing them in the first place? To mentor the young? So if we trade them, who will show the young guys the way?
    The vets would have still been here since the offseason and like 4 months of the regular season. Youth can learn a lot in that time, maybe. Also not all of them would be traded at once. Maybe 1 or 2. Maybe none.



    “Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    692
    In my opinion Hill is the first gone he doesn't look like he fits with the Kings most nights and I think the Kings should trade Malachi he needs mins to play and the Kings just don't have enough to go around for him

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
    In my opinion Hill is the first gone he doesn't look like he fits with the Kings most nights and I think the Kings should trade Malachi he needs mins to play and the Kings just don't have enough to go around for him
    I agree with Hill... I think Richardson needs more minutes. I would like to try and package Hill and WCS for a center we could start .. maybe like a John Henson type....

    After watching him play this season I would trade WCS for a broken washing machine.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    916
    Posts
    5,977
    Quote Originally Posted by timz-a-changin View Post
    I agree with Hill... I think Richardson needs more minutes. I would like to try and package Hill and WCS for a center we could start .. maybe like a John Henson type....

    After watching him play this season I would trade WCS for a broken washing machine.
    Watching WCS play is frustrating. Why does he think he's an offensive force? If he just played D, crashed the boards, and was a rim runner on offense, he'd be so much better. He needs to model his game after Capela, not Porzingis.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,157
    When playing DFS I always look to see if a big body center is playing against the Kings because big body players eat up WCS. Tonight it was Dedmon. WCS will have to get bigger and be able to shoot better or he will find himself buried on some teams depth chart.

    Right now I dont see much value in him so I dont see us getting much in a trade. Might as well stick with him and hope he improves.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    952
    I realize the season is early but does anyone think one our vets paired with WCS cam get us an unprotected 1st round pick? I'm really thinking about the clippers due to their standing... is it worth the gamble?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,486
    Quote Originally Posted by timz-a-changin View Post
    I realize the season is early but does anyone think one our vets paired with WCS cam get us an unprotected 1st round pick? I'm really thinking about the clippers due to their standing... is it worth the gamble?
    This draft is looking pretty deep, I wouldn't be opposed to it. But I do want to see WCS improve with us

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,157
    Quote Originally Posted by timz-a-changin View Post
    I realize the season is early but does anyone think one our vets paired with WCS cam get us an unprotected 1st round pick? I'm really thinking about the clippers due to their standing... is it worth the gamble?
    Not a unprotected 1st round pick. No team is going to give up the possible first overall pick for WCS and one of our veterans.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,157
    Its a little early to talk trades, but the safest bet is George Hill will be traded by the trade deadline for whatever we can get. The Kings will be out of the playoff hunt as expected and the Kings will be looking to play Fox and Mason more.

    Right now I don't really see many trade partners. New York and Denver would be the 2 most likely targets based on current record, both are over the cap and the guy we would most likely get from Denver would be Mudiay and thats not a position of need. To trade with New York would most likely have to take Noah which I dont think the Kings would want to do.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    916
    Posts
    5,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Its a little early to talk trades, but the safest bet is George Hill will be traded by the trade deadline for whatever we can get. The Kings will be out of the playoff hunt as expected and the Kings will be looking to play Fox and Mason more.

    Right now I don't really see many trade partners. New York and Denver would be the 2 most likely targets based on current record, both are over the cap and the guy we would most likely get from Denver would be Mudiay and thats not a position of need. To trade with New York would most likely have to take Noah which I dont think the Kings would want to do.
    Jalen Rose kept suggesting the Spurs as a landing spot for Hill. Don't know what we would get back.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    Jalen Rose kept suggesting the Spurs as a landing spot for Hill. Don't know what we would get back.
    I would accept the guy responsible for developing players.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •