Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Ive watched a few Lion games and he looks about the same to me. Dont put stock into the game yesterday Aaron Rodgers wasnt playing. Brett Hundley has no business being a quarterback in the NFL. He never could throw down field. Running quarterbacks who only throw swing passes and wr screens in college do not translate to the NFL
    Heís looks better than McDonald lol. Our scheme exposes db weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Dbacknick is correct. Itís a catch 22. If the DBís could cover a couple seconds longer it would give the DL enough time to get to the QB more. Maybe even blitz more often. But our DBís canít cover 💩. Our Poor DB play really holds the rest of the defense back.
    I agree. Our DB's are horrendous. If they could cover, the sacks would come. If they could cover, the interceptions would come. If they could cover, they wouldn't allow 6 of 7 compleion attempts. I never liked the Conley pick. Never. I am high on Obi and think he'll pair nicely with Joseph for years to come. I think with time, he'll grow into his shoes and figure out his role. But our Cornerback situation is flat out atrocious. I bet we go 1st round CB again next draft. I hate to admit it, but the Raiders suck at drafting CB's. Last good one was Asomugha. The CB draft cupboard has been bare since. Ugghhh...Im gonna puke.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    I agree. Our DB's are horrendous. If they could cover, the sacks would come. If they could cover, the interceptions would come. If they could cover, they wouldn't allow 6 of 7 compleion attempts. I never liked the Conley pick. Never. I am high on Obi and think he'll pair nicely with Joseph for years to come. I think with time, he'll grow into his shoes and figure out his role. But our Cornerback situation is flat out atrocious. I bet we go 1st round CB again next draft. I hate to admit it, but the Raiders suck at drafting CB's. Last good one was Asomugha. The CB draft cupboard has been bare since. Ugghhh...Im gonna puke.
    Me too, . Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Me too, . Makes me sick just thinking about it.
    I hope the ghost of Jack Tatum haunts there ***** or at least pays em a visit. The asassin must be rolling in his grave. Fvck man! It's real bad. 💀😷💩👻

Enough to make a grown man cry...

Asomugha wasn't that good either when he started. These new guys need time to develop slowly. We're throwing them into the line of fire too soon. Although, we're so decimated, we have no choice. It's rough.

I never liked the Conley pick. Never. I am high on Obi and think he'll pair nicely with Joseph for years to come.
    You can't argue with a 37% completion rate allowed by Conley. But I do agree that Melifonwu should be the starting strong safety.

I think the DBís are worse than the Dline. Thatís saying somthing. Here is some break down of the pass rush. I canít really say I agree with it because other then Mack none of these guys a capable. No scheme in the world will make these guys what they are not.
    http://only1nation.com/2017/11/07/oa...the-pass-rush/
    We should be dialing up blitzís from everyone including DBís to help but it would just back fire on us with this staff and we would probably be giving up fast scores. Still something to consider against NE if our offense is rolling because we might never stop Brady otherwise.

^^^Last year all five of our Def Backs, including T.J. Carrie, were given good ratings by PFF. Sean Smith had the highest believe it or not. I was convinced then that the real problem was our D-line and that they blew it when they drafted J. Ward. There must be a pass rush or else the DBs will get sliced up.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    ^^^Last year all five of our Def Backs, including T.J. Carrie, were given good ratings by PFF. Sean Smith had the highest believe it or not. I was convinced then that the real problem was our D-line and that they blew it when they drafted J. Ward. There must be a pass rush or else the DBs will get sliced up.
    We've allowed the same weaknesses to exist for so long thAt our opponents can almost count on that and scheme accordingly. I would have to almost take last years numbers as an outlier. Our opponents probably cannot believe that we have not addressed this yet...
    "..When you have great coaches, then after you have great coaches you get great players, you have a great organization, and you tell them one thing-

Just win baby"

~ Al Davis ~

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    We've allowed the same weaknesses to exist for so long thAt our opponents can almost count on that and scheme accordingly. I would have to almost take last years numbers as an outlier. Our opponents probably cannot believe that we have not addressed this yet...
    Their probably shaking there heads and chuckling....that what's embarrassing

We might as well give the other 31 teams a copy of our playbooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    We might as well give the other 31 teams a copy of our playbooks.
    You know, if we were chipping away at our defensive weakness here and there, getting a few stop gap pieces to fold into a long term plan well then OK. We seem to just get stop gap guys, and they either don't perform or our expectations are just too great. We are going to waste the blue chip talent that we are referring to as building blocks if we don 't solve this. Too many stop gap guys are doing nothing to address long term needs and filling holes in our depth....
    "..When you have great coaches, then after you have great coaches you get great players, you have a great organization, and you tell them one thing-

Just win baby"

~ Al Davis ~

JDR always had preference for big strong run stopping linemen which is fine if you run a 3-4 base. Pagano can fix our defense if he's allowed to do just that. He's a master at blitzing the linebackers unexpectedly.

All this harping on the defense . . . but, this year, the offense has really been the problem. Going into this year, the defense had to be average/adequate/do "just enough" and let our offense put up 30 points every game. In the games we lost, the offense did not move the ball, went 3 an out, turned the ball over which meant the defense was on the field longer than they should have been (definitely a recipe for disaster). I think the woes fall squarely with the offensive side of the ball. The games that stand out in my mind that evidence this are the Broncos (defense gave up only 16 points), Ravens (offense put the team behind two scores right away and could never get back into the game), and Chargers (defense allowed just 17 points).

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast