Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Jernigan re-upped with us. 4 years, 48 million.

"If you a dawg, be a dawg!"

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    This is under the radar huge.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    This is under the radar huge.
    Yeah, dude is a beast. I thought we would miss Bennie Logan, but I love me some Jernigan. He and Cox are a crazy duo.

Fantastic. Keep em coming. Bring the crew back and build on it. I believe howie will maneuver around and bring back the group. Then just improve offensive line and linebacker depth and you have consistency and growth

That's great news. I thought Eagles were gonna let him walk tbh because I figured he'd get paid big bucks in free agency

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

How does that compare against other DTs? Seems like a lot, but he probably would have gotten more on the open market. The fact that 4 of our linemans that are either back ups or starters for the next 4 years is huge.

With the money that they have invested in both Cox and Jernigan I would not be surprise if they trade Curry this summer. Derek Barnett, with a full season, probably will be a starter opposite Graham next year. We can use Curry as a trade bait or his money for free agency.

Don't get me wrong, I like Jernigan as a fit for our DLine next to Cox and he's only 25 but that is a lot of guaranteed money for 2 DT.

A question about the flex schedule. Does anyone know how soon in advance it will be announce? The Eagles-Rams game Dec 10 is week 14. I was hoping they flex the game to SNF. As it stands right now the Sunday night game is Ravens-Steelers and the Eagles game is 3:25 pm CST. I'm glad the Dec 3 game against the Seahawks is flex to SNF.

I doubt they move Steelers and ravens.

Zeke and Sherman both out for their games vs. the Eagles. Adds an interesting dynamic to those games. I hope we don't underestimate the Cowboys with Alfred Morris. Morris is more prone to fumbling, but still capable of breaking big plays especially with that line.

Sherman is a big loss for that Seahawks secondary IMO. We can really take advantage with Jeffrey taking up possibly one of the safeties and a corner. Ertz should see plenty of passes his way that game and Agholor should have a chance for a big game as well. I would get Hollins a bunch of reps too...kid can flat out fly.

It should be interesting to watch the Cowboys without Zeke this weekend. I would have the entire team watching the game vs. the Falcons this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Zeke and Sherman both out for their games vs. the Eagles. Adds an interesting dynamic to those games. I hope we don't underestimate the Cowboys with Alfred Morris. Morris is more prone to fumbling, but still capable of breaking big plays especially with that line.

Sherman is a big loss for that Seahawks secondary IMO. We can really take advantage with Jeffrey taking up possibly one of the safeties and a corner. Ertz should see plenty of passes his way that game and Agholor should have a chance for a big game as well. I would get Hollins a bunch of reps too...kid can flat out fly.

It should be interesting to watch the Cowboys without Zeke this weekend. I would have the entire team watching the game vs. the Falcons this weekend.
    The Dallas O line vs. the Philly D line will be important but the Philly O line is probably better than the Dallas D line.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    The Dallas O line vs. the Philly D line will be important but the Philly O line is probably better than the Dallas D line.
    Dallas D line is playing pretty well. No scrubs.

A lot could change but I guess today, Pederson would be coach of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy:31968801
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    The Eagles have 3 DBs in the top 10 of pass deflected in the NFL. Robinson 4th with 11, Mills 8th with 10, Douglas 10th with 9. Eagles as a team for passing defense are 8th best in the NFL allowing a 81.2 passer rating.

I'm trying to figure out how they're ranked 29th overall though according to PFR in pass defense. Maybe since they've played 1 more game than a lot of teams already. Only 2 teams that have played the same amount of games are ranked higher than the Eagles in pass defense. The Eagles also have by far the most pass attempts against them 40 more than the next most (The Chiefs are second and they've played the same amount of games). The Titans are the closest teams in attempt that have only played 8 games and they have 58 less pass attempts against than the Eagles so roughly that'd be a 2 game lead averaging 29 pass attempts against per game.

I think the Eagles pass defense is actually really underrated.

They are 15th best in comp% against, 8th worst in yards/game allowed (4th in yards allowed), 8th best in pass rate against, 12th best in TD% (per pass attempt), 9th best in yards per attempt, 14th best in yards per completion, 6th best in sacks, 16th in sack%, 2nd in INTs, 8th in INT%.

They are the 29th ranked pass defense according to PFR but with those numbers I'd say they are probably a top half pass defense. I'd feel safe and saying the Eagles have a top 10 overall defense in the NFL.
    That a great a point 1 game ahead can highly inflate (or deflate?) your stat rankings against others regardless if its good or bad. I think after this week all teams will be on equal footings .
    All these numbers are explained simply by the fact that teams can't and will not run on us. We're putting up historical numbers in our run defense. That explains pretty much everything above; the numbers of passes defended; the total attempts; the yardage, etc.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast