Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    This team is freakin good. It's going to be a long bye week.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    This team is freakin good. It's going to be a long bye week.
    ...and they're going to get freakin better.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I want to resign Alshon as much as the next guy, but some **** being exaggerated in here.
    Heading into this week, Wentz-Alshon was the worst Qb+WR combo at near 46% completion percentage.
    Let's be honest he's been disappointing until yesterday.
    I think you're the one exaggerating. He's talented, he demands attention, and that helps the rest of the offense

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Everyone keeps talking about Douglas as a safety purely because of his ball skills. There is more to safety than that. I think Mills translates to safety better actually. I can see some Malcom Jenkins in him where he could play a S/CB hybrid role since he is not afraid to tackle as well.
    I know there's more. Douglas tackles well as well. And he's big, he moves well, could cover tight ends

What's getting lost in the whole "Is Jaylen Mills a Pro-Bowl corner" talk is that the dude was a 7th round selection. Right now, we're getting above average starting CB play from a lottery pick.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    What's getting lost in the whole "Is Jaylen Mills a Pro-Bowl corner" talk is that the dude was a 7th round selection. Right now, we're getting above average starting CB play from a lottery pick.
    Oh I haven't forgotten that.. For where he was selected he'd by far exceeded my expectations. Still, I don't think he's pro bowl caliber.. At least not yet

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jaydubb; 11-07-2017 at 03:22 AM.

Your baby can't do this

Yep. And he's been doing that since training camp last year. LSU is DBU.

The return... 2018-19

Credit to Howie & the scouting department there -- but Mills isn't the only one.

Douglas is a rookie third rounder. Vaitai was a 5th rounder. Beau Allen was a 7th rounder. Mack Hollins was a 4th round pick. Clement was an UDFA. Smallwood was a 5th rounder. Burton was an UDFA.

Up & down the roster, we've managed to find quality players at bargain basement prices. They all aren't superstars, but they are high quality role players who contribute to the team's success at low cap hits, which allows us to pay Cox, JP, Jenkins, LJ, Ertz, etc.

According to ourlads.com, this is the Eagles depth chart (I'm not counting PS or IR right now)

Pos No. Player 1 No Player 2 No Player 3 No Player 4 No Player 5
    OFFENSE
    LWR 17 Jeffery, Alshon U/Chi 14 Johnson, Marcus SF16
    RWR 82 Smith, Torrey CC/SF 10 Hollins, Mack 17/4 18 Gibson, Shelton 17/5
    SWR 13 Agholor, Nelson 15/1 10 Hollins, Mack 17/4
    LT 72 Vaitai, Halapoulivaati 16/5 77 Hart, Taylor W/SF
    LG 61 Wisniewski, Stefen U/Jax 67 Warmack, Chance U/Ten
    C 62 KELCE, JASON 11/6 61 Wisniewski, Stefen U/Jax
    RG 79 Brooks, Brandon U/Hou 73 Seumalo, Isaac 16/3
    RT 65 Johnson, Lane 13/1 72 Vaitai, Halapoulivaati 16/5
    TE 86 Ertz, Zach 13/2 87 CELEK, BRENT 07/5 88 Burton, Trey CF14
    QB 11 Wentz, Carson 16/1 9 Foles, Nick U/KC 7 Sudfeld, Nate SF17
    RB 29 BLOUNT, LEGARRETTE SF17 36 Ajayi, Jay T/Mia 28 Smallwood, Wendell 16/5 30 Clement, Corey CF17 38 Barner, Kenjon SF17
    DEFENSE
    RDE 75 Curry, Vinny 12/2 96 Barnett, Derek 17/1 51 Means, Steven P/Hou
    RDT 93 Jernigan, Timmy T/Bal 94 Allen, Beau 14/7
    LDT 91 Cox, Fletcher 12/1 97 Vaeao, Destiny CF16 98 Qualls, Elijah 17/6
    LDE 55 Graham, Brandon 10/1 56 LONG, CHRIS CC/NE
    OLB 95 Kendricks, Mychal 12/2 54 Grugier-Hill, Kamu W/NE 47 Gerry, Nathan 17/5
    MLB 59 Walker, Joe 16/7
    OLB 53 Bradham, Nigel U/Buf 52 Goode, Najee W/TB
    LCB 31 Mills, Jalen 16/7 21 ROBINSON, PATRICK CC/Ind 33 McDougle, Dexter T/NYJ
    S 23 McLeod, Rodney U/LA 24 GRAHAM, COREY SF17
    S 27 Jenkins, Malcolm U/NO 26 Watkins, Jaylen P/Buf
    RCB 41 Darby, Ronald T/Buf 32 Douglas, Rasul 17/3 26 Watkins, Jaylen P/Buf
    SPECIAL TEAMS
    P 8 JONES, DONNIE U/Hou
    PK 4 Elliott, Jake P/Cin
    LS 45 Lovato, Rick SF16
    H 8 JONES, DONNIE U/Hou
    PR 38 Barner, Kenjon SF17 82 Smith, Torrey CC/SF
    KR 38 Barner, Kenjon SF17 30 Clement, Corey CF17 28 Smallwood, Wendell 16/5

Besides the secondary and ST, the Eagles are almost entirely their own guys through draft/undrafted guys.

That's not even counting Foles and Hart since they left and came back. RB and WR is split but I'd say RB is more FA heavy with Alshon then really being the only WR of note from the outside. Smith will most likely not be here next season.

The lines outside of Brooks and Jernagin are home grown guys with Peters now gone.

The Eagles may not hit on their drafts like say the Cowboys (had to say that since some people, not here, claim they're the best drafting team ever) but they hit on very key pieces and like ACE said, hit on a lot of undrafted or late guys to fill voids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Mills doesn’t have to be “shut down” to be considered a pro bowl worthy corner. Has he played like one, yep.

Too bad he will be too busy to play in it if selected though.

The Eagles have 3 DBs in the top 10 of pass deflected in the NFL. Robinson 4th with 11, Mills 8th with 10, Douglas 10th with 9. Eagles as a team for passing defense are 8th best in the NFL allowing a 81.2 passer rating.

I'm trying to figure out how they're ranked 29th overall though according to PFR in pass defense. Maybe since they've played 1 more game than a lot of teams already. Only 2 teams that have played the same amount of games are ranked higher than the Eagles in pass defense. The Eagles also have by far the most pass attempts against them 40 more than the next most (The Chiefs are second and they've played the same amount of games). The Titans are the closest teams in attempt that have only played 8 games and they have 58 less pass attempts against than the Eagles so roughly that'd be a 2 game lead averaging 29 pass attempts against per game.

I think the Eagles pass defense is actually really underrated.

They are 15th best in comp% against, 8th worst in yards/game allowed (4th in yards allowed), 8th best in pass rate against, 12th best in TD% (per pass attempt), 9th best in yards per attempt, 14th best in yards per completion, 6th best in sacks, 16th in sack%, 2nd in INTs, 8th in INT%.

They are the 29th ranked pass defense according to PFR but with those numbers I'd say they are probably a top half pass defense. I'd feel safe and saying the Eagles have a top 10 overall defense in the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

keep it going 1 game at a time

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    The Eagles have 3 DBs in the top 10 of pass deflected in the NFL. Robinson 4th with 11, Mills 8th with 10, Douglas 10th with 9. Eagles as a team for passing defense are 8th best in the NFL allowing a 81.2 passer rating.

I'm trying to figure out how they're ranked 29th overall though according to PFR in pass defense. Maybe since they've played 1 more game than a lot of teams already. Only 2 teams that have played the same amount of games are ranked higher than the Eagles in pass defense. The Eagles also have by far the most pass attempts against them 40 more than the next most (The Chiefs are second and they've played the same amount of games). The Titans are the closest teams in attempt that have only played 8 games and they have 58 less pass attempts against than the Eagles so roughly that'd be a 2 game lead averaging 29 pass attempts against per game.

I think the Eagles pass defense is actually really underrated.

They are 15th best in comp% against, 8th worst in yards/game allowed (4th in yards allowed), 8th best in pass rate against, 12th best in TD% (per pass attempt), 9th best in yards per attempt, 14th best in yards per completion, 6th best in sacks, 16th in sack%, 2nd in INTs, 8th in INT%.

They are the 29th ranked pass defense according to PFR but with those numbers I'd say they are probably a top half pass defense. I'd feel safe and saying the Eagles have a top 10 overall defense in the NFL.
    That a great a point 1 game ahead can highly inflate (or deflate?) your stat rankings against others regardless if its good or bad. I think after this week all teams will be on equal footings .

Looks to me like sidney jones may not play this year at all which may be for the best anyway. It's great to hear how much of a student this guy is of the game though.. If/when he comes back from this injury the Eagles could have a legit shutdown corner that is incredibly smart and has God given talent.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/sidney-jo...at-this-point/

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Looks to me like sidney jones may not play this year at all which may be for the best anyway. It's great to hear how much of a student this guy is of the game though.. If/when he comes back from this injury the Eagles could have a legit shutdown corner that is incredibly smart and has God given talent.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/sidney-jo...at-this-point/

I really love that he's visible all the time. On the sideline during the game, the post game photo ops, the fact that he's being called on in meetings. I really think he's going to be special once he's back healthy.

The return... 2018-19

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast