Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Week 10: Bye Week IGT

8-1.

Is this real life?

Not capable? Please, I'm BDN homie..

Mike Tanier 📎‏Verified account @MikeTanier 16h16 hours ago
    More
    Halapoulivaati Vaitai's nickname should be CTRL-V, because he is always in control, and we only paste his name.

#BirdGang #LakeShow #RedBirds

If the playoffs were to start today, Philadelphia and New Orleans would get the byes
    Dallas would be at Minnesota and Carolina would be at Los Angeles.

As far as yesterday's game was concerned, I don't think that I heard Vaitai's name even mentioned.
    Somebody here asked if Mills should be a Pro Bowl cornerback. Heck, he isn't even our first string cornerback. Both of the Eagles second string cornerbacks are playing like Pro Bowlers. I don't know if Jones will be back this year or not but Darby should be back in time for Dallas.
    Maybe Mills and/or Robinson will get traded in the offseason for the 2nd or 3rd that they're missing - or maybe they will have FIVE quality CB's - Mills, Robinson, Douglas, Darby, and Jones.
    Last edited by John S; 11-06-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    If the playoffs were to start today, Philadelphia and New Orleans would get the byes
    Dallas would be at Minnesota and Carolina would be at Los Angeles.

As far as yesterday's game was concerned, I don't think that I heard Vaitai's name even mentioned.
    Somebody here asked if Mills should be a Pro Bowl cornerback. Heck, he isn't even our first string cornerback. Both of the Eagles second string cornerbacks are playing like Pro Bowlers. I don't know if Jones will be back this year or not but Darby should be back in time for Dallas.
    Maybe Mills and/or Robinson will get traded in the offseason for the 2nd or 3rd that they're missing - or maybe they will have FIVE quality CB's - Mills, Robinson, Douglas, Darby, and Jones.
    For Mills to be as targeted as he is, the dude just doesn't quit. Anybody remember Dimitri Patterson? Lol. But yeah, I think he just might be making a case for it, which is insane given he's only in his second year and was a seventh round pick. LSU truly is DBU.

P-Rob has been a pleasant surprise, especially since we trashed him in the preseason (rightfully so).

I'm now on board with just having Jones play next year. No need to throw off the dynamic right now when everything is clicking. I expect P-Rob to go get paid since he's on a one year deal. Next year we'll have Mills, Douglas, Darby, and Jones as our DBs.

Those would be 4 very good CB's. Except for 1 or 2 LB's, the defense would be pretty much set.
    On offense, they will have to get another stud receiver and 1 or 2 O-linemen, probably guards if Vaitai continues to play like he played yesterday.

We had a chance for at least 6 pics yesterday. DBs be ballin.

Couple things. Mills is probowl as a run corner. He's outstanding against the run. Haven't had a guy like that since Sheldon brown. He's makes tackles and plays tough. His coverage is hit and miss. He's a guy you start if you have an outstanding pass rush. And we do so he makes the plays necessary and really gets after people

I think Douglas depending on how things shake out possibly ends up being a safety. I don't know why but his ball skills, size and tackling just lead me to believe that he'll end up being there when Jenkins and McLeod start to age

As a whole we just need to get and stay healthy. Right now we have enough for a Super Bowl run. Top to bottom we can get there. We have a good enough line, receivers, running game, tight ends. We have a great pass rush, outstanding run defense and we have a tough gritty secondary

Oh and we have an elite qb to top it off who's having one of the greatest 2nd years in nfl history

The pieces are there but they have to stay healthy

Also in regards to the receivers. It's time for us to acknowledge that alshon needs to be brought back. Wentz growth and continued success is everything for this franchise. Torrey smith is expendable but you have to bring back alshon. It's vital. Can't go into 2018 weaker at WR. Keep it the same. Allow their chemistry to improve. And don't create new holes. Next offseason should be about bringing as many guys back as possible and improving the offensive line and LB depth.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    We had a chance for at least 6 pics yesterday. DBs be ballin.
    And I started our defense in fantasy. I was so pissed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Couple things. Mills is probowl as a run corner. He's outstanding against the run. Haven't had a guy like that since Sheldon brown. He's makes tackles and plays tough. His coverage is hit and miss. He's a guy you start if you have an outstanding pass rush. And we do so he makes the plays necessary and really gets after people

I think Douglas depending on how things shake out possibly ends up being a safety. I don't know why but his ball skills, size and tackling just lead me to believe that he'll end up being there when Jenkins and McLeod start to age

As a whole we just need to get and stay healthy. Right now we have enough for a Super Bowl run. Top to bottom we can get there. We have a good enough line, receivers, running game, tight ends. We have a great pass rush, outstanding run defense and we have a tough gritty secondary

Oh and we have an elite qb to top it off who's having one of the greatest 2nd years in nfl history

The pieces are there but they have to stay healthy

Also in regards to the receivers. It's time for us to acknowledge that alshon needs to be brought back. Wentz growth and continued success is everything for this franchise. Torrey smith is expendable but you have to bring back alshon. It's vital. Can't go into 2018 weaker at WR. Keep it the same. Allow their chemistry to improve. And don't create new holes. Next offseason should be about bringing as many guys back as possible and improving the offensive line and LB depth.
    I can definitely see Sul as a free safety eventually. He has a nose for the ball.

More than anything though, this team is just a cohesive unit as well. I've never seen an Eagles team that loves playing with and for each other. That's credit to Dougie P though. **** Chip.

Everyone keeps talking about Douglas as a safety purely because of his ball skills. There is more to safety than that. I think Mills translates to safety better actually. I can see some Malcom Jenkins in him where he could play a S/CB hybrid role since he is not afraid to tackle as well.

I want to resign Alshon as much as the next guy, but some **** being exaggerated in here.
    Heading into this week, Wentz-Alshon was the worst Qb+WR combo at near 46% completion percentage.
    Let's be honest he's been disappointing until yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I want to resign Alshon as much as the next guy, but some **** being exaggerated in here.
    Heading into this week, Wentz-Alshon was the worst Qb+WR combo at near 46% completion percentage.
    Let's be honest he's been disappointing until yesterday.
    Disagree. Numbers tell alot but don't show everything. In a game where Alshon was the primary target against the best DB tandem in the game, he had 2 TDs in 80+ yards. All of this without Ertz. Sometimes, you gotta trust the eye test and not the numbers.

Going back to Alshon being "disappointing," some of that is on Wentz too. He's missed Alshon on multiple occasions. There have also been instances where Alshon had to make those 50-50 catches. Still, you see the potential there. If anything though, his price is certainly dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    For Mills to be as targeted as he is, the dude just doesn't quit. Anybody remember Dimitri Patterson? Lol. But yeah, I think he just might be making a case for it, which is insane given he's only in his second year and was a seventh round pick. LSU truly is DBU.

P-Rob has been a pleasant surprise, especially since we trashed him in the preseason (rightfully so).

I'm now on board with just having Jones play next year. No need to throw off the dynamic right now when everything is clicking. I expect P-Rob to go get paid since he's on a one year deal. Next year we'll have Mills, Douglas, Darby, and Jones as our DBs.
    I could see Mills starting at Slot if/when P-Rob walks. Robinson is playing good, he will get paid and I just cant see Eagles paying up for a 31 year old CB. Thing that scares me about Mills at Slot is that he can get so handsy, every game he gets called for PI or holding. Slot WR's can be so shifty so I see mills getting called more often.

Darby and Jones should start (Saying that off of pure assumption, haven't seen em play and they might suck, who knows?)
    Mills at slot
    Douglas Backup.

I think the Jalen mills pro bowl comment was a bit of a stretch.. I mean, based off his stat line, he's had 3 interceptions after his 8th game (still had the 3 after 9 also) and one int was a pick 6.. That would put him on pace for 6 interceptions on the year with at least 1 pick 6 which technically would be a good enough line for pro bowl consideration..

That being said, the numbers are definitely not everything... Jalen mills takes too many risks (and gives up big plays a lot because of it) and is way too handsy and gives up unnecessary PIs quite a bit.. He seems to me to want to grab the receiver on every play but he tries to make it look like last second like he wasn't grabbing them so he doesn't get flagged.. Then when the ball sails incomplete, he will wag his finger like it was his skill that forced the incompletion, not the fact that he was basically bear hugging the wide receiver.

Is he a good cornerback, yea he's good overall.. Is he pro bowl good as in a shut down type cornerback, nah I don't think so.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast