Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

Could Cleveland benefit from a coaching change?

I don't want to throw Tyronn Lue under the bus. He seems like a nice guy. And he was critical to the Cavs the year the won. But it seemed like his value was mostly in the fact that he wasn't Blatt, whom the players had tuned out.

Lue gave them a voice. But not they seemed to have tuned him out too. He's been giving tough talk, and though dealing with injuries, he still has a very talented team on the court each night. He's got the best player in the game (LBJ), one of the best PF's in the game (Love), some experienced vet with something in the tank (Wade, Rose, and Smith) as well as a great spot up shooter in Korver. I was also really excited to see Jae in Cleveland.

Yet it seems that none of these pieces are fitting. Part of it is that the injuries have thrown a wrench in the rotation, and that the rotation was itself a work in progress with so many new pieces.

Lue's bee calling the team out in interviews and such, but nobody seems to be listening.

Don't want to pull the gun too early on this, but it may be time to get a game plan ready if things have shaped up by the end of November.

Thoughts?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Yes

Coaching Cleveland means managing LeBron and his ego, and Lue is very good at that. So I would say no. LeBron-ball isn't very hard to coach, he pretty much takes cares of that himself on the court.

They just did a terrible job of addressing their defensive issues this offseason - because they made it even worse.

Only way I see it is if they let Lebron pull off a B Russell and serve as coach/player other than that no one can reach these guys if Lue can't do it outside of probably Phil or Pop but if it came down to it and a move had to be made I would give M Jackson a call or S Cassell, those are former players I am sure Lebron would respect more than Lue since they had a more impactful career individual wise and are well respected in the nba circle plus Jackson is proven as a head coach to be decent

Lue wasn't really a good coach.

But I think he's liked by Lebron. But you need a guy that Lebron respects and there's not really anyone in the market IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    Coaching Cleveland means managing LeBron and his ego, and Lue is very good at that. So I would say no. LeBron-ball isn't very hard to coach, he pretty much takes cares of that himself on the court.

They just did a terrible job of addressing their defensive issues this offseason - because they made it even worse.
    Exactly why I didn't pick them to repeat. Their defense was bad last year and even worse this year. I'm not sure how you fix this. You have Isaiah Thomas coming back which will add to that problem.

You could try to move K-Love and that Nets pick. But I wouldn't trade it with Bron leaving in all likelihood. What could you get to improve the defense anyway?

The Truth Hurts.

They definitely should imo but they won't.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

LeBron's the coach so probably not.

Picture the scene: You've just been hired to lead a great company with loads of potential and a promising future. Shortly after taking the job, a leading expert is added to your team. Together, you transform the company into an industry leader, and you match or exceed all reasonable expectations.

Shortly thereafter, you're fired.

Maybe you shouldn’t load your roster with a bunch of guys on the downside of his career and overpaid role players.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post

I think they did that on purpose to piss off lebron lol

The problem is systemic. Poor roster construction. They have no rim protection or perimeter footspeed outside of Lebron. They can't sit Love and Korver, two of their worst defenders, because they're the only guys not named Lebron actually producing. They should have gone after someone like Noel to put beside Love and take some of the pressure off Lebron to be everywhere defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    The problem is systemic. Poor roster construction. They have no rim protection or perimeter footspeed outside of Lebron. They can't sit Love and Korver, two of their worst defenders, because they're the only guys not named Lebron actually producing. They should have gone after someone like Noel to put beside Love and take some of the pressure off Lebron to be everywhere defensively.
    Well ... they were betting on Thompson improving not falling apart too. But the lack of footspeed on the perimeter is really rough.

And ... LeBron would never accept the title of coach because then he wouldn't have anybody to passive aggressively blame for the way the games are schemed.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

David Blatt was a far superior coach, but everyone wanted their "buddy" Ty Lue to get a coaching job. Now theyre paying for it. Lue sucks as a coach.

Who can coach Lebron ? Who's available ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast