Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    True, but the Wild Wild West took place in this country, no other.

We started off on a completely diff path, one in which everyone was armed. I donít think other countries had that type of history, because this is where they tried to run numerous genocide campaigns, not Europe
    i agree very much so.

on another note...

More Guns Do Not Stop More Crimes, Evidence Shows

Aabout 30 careful studies show more guns are linked to more crimes: murders, rapes, and others. Far less research shows that guns help.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...&sf148162411=1
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

We started off on a completely diff path, one in which everyone was armed. I donít think other countries had that type of history, because this is where they tried to run numerous genocide campaigns, not Europe
    The brits in india, middle east, south africa... Australia was definitely wild west, it was an island of convicts.
    China was bat shite crazy. The countryside had groups warring with each other.
    South america is nuts. Brasil is still the wild west.

I don't know that we are the only place to have that. If you want to use that argument , Canada was similar and they don't have the problems we do.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    The brits in india, middle east, south africa... Australia was definitely wild west, it was an island of convicts.

I don't know that we are the only place to have that. If you want to use that argument , Canada was similar and they don't have the problems we do.
    I don't know. Guns were so ingrained into the Western migration as a necessity for food and protection even just 150 years ago. I'm guessing the numbers of people don't compare. I don't know the history of native populations in Canada either, but I'm guessing there were more confrontations in the U.S. than Canada.

Our civil war in the mid-nineteenth century made the second amendment even more righteous as the South refers to it as the Northern Aggression. We have also been at war with the British, French, and Mexico on our soil not that long ago.

But yeah, the USA does have a problem -- can't say we do not.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

Hah, Australia yea, I was purposely trying to not mention it cuz it went against my point. But I donít know, I think it was very diff in the US (and Australia) compared to the rest. Every day people with guns, militias, etc

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I don't know. Guns were so ingrained into the Western migration as a necessity for food and protection even just 150 years ago. I'm guessing the numbers of people don't compare. I don't know the history of native populations in Canada either, but I'm guessing there were more confrontations in the U.S. than Canada.

Our civil war in the mid-nineteenth century made the second amendment even more righteous as the South refers to it as the Northern Aggression. We have also been at war with the British, French, and Mexico on our soil not that long ago.

But yeah, the USA does have a problem -- can't say we do not.
    Oh yes, we do have a problem. And guns are defiantly a part of our national identity but I don't think we are the only country to have had that kind of stuff happen in our borders.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

If you have no money -- what's the quickest and most expeditious way to gain power? Flash a piece.
    I am that Daddy Cool

Arm everyone. Literally everyone. Deaths by gunshot will go down.
    Duh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

If you have no money -- what's the quickest and most expeditious way to gain power? Flash a piece.
    Hah, you betta shoot me cuzzin

There were a lot of places in the Old West that had laws against carrying guns. But I'm sure it was ignored by many.

Guns = authority and power. Too many people feel powerless in a culture that worships power.
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Obviously hypothetical, but even with more appropriate gun legislation that could/would have prevented him from acquiring a gun. I don't believe it stops him from killing Christians and his grandmother-in-law.
    This is true. Harder to kill 26 people with a knife though.

I always think about the Simpsons episode where they tell Homer he has a 7 day waiting period and responds "Aw, but I'm angry now".

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    But at the same time, gun legislation could have little affect on most gun owners but they're scared of anything called gun legislation.

Nope tug at heartstrings.
    Yup. Most citizens can still have guns if they follow the rules and regulations. You just wouldn't be allowed fully automatic hunting weapons. You'd have to take a firearms safety course. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    This time inside a church in Texas

If only a good guy with a gun would have been inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What, do you stay glued to the tv or your twitter feed?

The whole mass shooting thing is quickly becoming overshadowed by the people who seem to do nothing but camp news sites to gossip about the next thing.

Defending world champions. Dynasty in full swing. Keep it down haters. Keep it down.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Ward/Kovalev/Fury/Lomachenko/Rigondeaux/Gonzalez/Bradley/Rungvisai

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345