Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    When are people going to realize that the reason we dont throw deep is because Cutler kinda sucks at it. He's not Tannehill and the oline isn't consistent enough to take the shots. Its just not going to happen. But now that we have backs who can actually catch the offense can get a bit more consistency. That was my biggest takeaway last night and it was a big reason the offense looked better. Gase has always had decent receiving backs and it's a big reason his offenses have worked.

Drake wasn't great last night but I left happy with his performance. I really think he has some potential to him and I hope that we continue to use him as the primary running back.
    Yea people already forget Tannehill looked really good throwing the deep ball last year, he had 11 40+ yard passing plays which was T-4th most in the league. Cutler has thrown zero. His average per pass is also 5.9 and Tannehill's was 7.7 - really believe Gase is just trying to call the game to Cutler's strengths plus the Oline is alot worse this year than last.

^^^^Gase has shown that he doesn't want Cutler throwing deep consistently and I don't blame him. The reason Gase likes Cutler isn't for his deep throws but because he can operate an offense consistently. The problem is that with Gase limiting Cutler's impact you have to play a near perfect game. Last night the offense could move but the penalties killed us and we couldn't over come it. But if we can continue to get those 3 or 4 yards per play then this offense can look night and day when you compare it to what it's been so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Cutler has his weaknesses but slinging it is not one of them.

If you're only taking one shot per game, you can't judge the accuracy on those throws.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Sure Cutler may want to throw it deep but he's shown for the past few years he's not really good at it ESPECIALLY compared to Tannehill. Cutler will throw a 50/50 more often if the situation is right but he's not going to stand in the pocket and take a hit for a deep ball and Gase doesn't even want him to. Tannehill doesn't mind taking the hit and will throw a great ball. I know you like Cutler but Tannehill is a much better deep passer at this point.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I dont have a link too it but Gase said there was several plays that were called to go deep and Cutler chose not to make those throws because he felt the WR were covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I dont have a link too it but Gase said there was several plays that were called to go deep and Cutler chose not to make those throws because he felt the WR were covered.
    I believe the quote was something about "why do you think our RBs got so many catches"

My personal opinion and I base that off Gase saying plays were called for Cutler to throw deep. Against the Ravens Moore threw several deep balls where the WR were covered and he put the WR into positions to make plays but the plays never happen. Cutler for whatever reason doesn't seem to have the confidence to throw to covered Dolphin WR. Whether thats because of he doubts his ability or the WR lack of ability I do not know.

I trust Cutler and Moore both over Tannehill throwing deep

Gase needs to open the offense more. he has sucked this year as HC and refuses to take part blame

the offense didnt look better. we just played the worst defense we have seen all year is all

I blame Devante Parker and the OL for the deep ball woes myself. you dont have time to throw you wont have time to get open deep. Raiders game only game we had time to throw until James went down. Stills hasnt been getting open. he wasnt getting open last year either but we were force feeding him the ball. the offense somewhat revolved around him last year. that has shifted. they are trying hard to revolve the offense around Parker this year instead like they are trying to force him into being good. he isnt good though. dude cant catch a cold. he was struggling with a nobody on him and he always struggles.

I really think they need to give up on Parker bad

go back to forcing Stills some passes. he does good things when you do. its great to see the development he has made with us. Tannehill and Moore both trust Stills more. I don't think Cutler has been around these WRs long enough to know what each of them really brings fully
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 11-07-2017 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post

Gase needs to open the offense more. he has sucked this year as HC and refuses to take part blame

the offense didnt look better. we just played the worst defense we have seen all year is all

I blame Devante Parker and the OL for the deep ball woes myself. you dont have time to throw you wont have time to get open deep. Raiders game only game we had time to throw until James went down. Stills hasnt been getting open. he wasnt getting open last year either but we were force feeding him the ball. the offense somewhat revolved around him last year. that has shifted. they are trying hard to revolve the offense around Parker this year instead like they are trying to force him into being good. he isnt good though. dude cant catch a cold. he was struggling with a nobody on him and he always struggles.

go back to forcing Stills some passes. he does good things when you do. its great to see the development he has made with us. Tannehill and Moore both trust Stills more. I don't think Cutler has been around these WRs long enough to know what each of them really brings fully
    Wow, your hate for both Parker and Tannehill are amazing.

Parker is probably the only WR Cutler would trust throwing deep to just because the guy has a better chance at snagging a jump ball than anyone else on the team, period. Stills would be second because he can get past most deep coverages.

As someone pointed out, Tannehill was 4th in the league last year at completing deep passes. His deep ball accuracy was really improved last year. Moore has the arm strength, but lacks he touch or accuracy. Cutler has the arm strength, but appears to lack confidence.

I agree 100% that the OL is severely lacking this year and that is causing most of the problems on offense. No running lanes and no consistent protection for deep throws.

But Parker is a building block on this offense . . . there is no way you don't build with him on your team.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post

Your posts are nothing but nonsense.

How do you blame D Parker for deep ball woes? He's a 6'3 wr who can go up and get it. You only throw to Stills, deep, when he's on 1 on 1 coverage as he can't go up and get it vs 2 defenders.
    The offense revolved around Ajayi because we had an o line that could block. We ran the ball very well for a few games which opened up play action for us, where Stills succeeded.
    Every offense is entirely based off of the o line. If you have a good o line that opens up so much in the passing game for Gase to use.

You're ridiculous in saying Parker isn't good. You have said that a few times and haven't backed it up.

Not trying to attack you each time you post but your posts have been garbage.

Moore has very good deep ball accuracy. Even in the Ravens game he threw a lot of deep balls right on target but the WR were covered. Of the three QB's Moore is the likely one to make tight throws that WR have to make plays. Tannehill pretty much only throws deep if the WR are open. Helps your percentage a lot if the WR are open compared to depending on WR making plays.

what Plague just said. this whole Tannehill can throw deep now is a lie. has he improved yes but its not hard to when you were as bad as he was. most of his deep passes were when Stills had 10 yards on everyone

Parker isn't a building block. he is a draft bust. he couldn't even separate or outmuscle a nobody against the Raiders. he is always the go to WR in garbage time though. congrats to him
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 11-08-2017 at 03:37 AM.

I believe the quote was something about "why do you think our RBs got so many catches"
    Thats not what I read. It was on my phone and when I got home I couldnt find the link to post it. It said something like we called for some deep passes for Jay to throw but he chose not to and rightfully so because they were playing cover 2.

To me that was a excuse. He had no problem throwing deep when it was too late.

I said it before Gase reminds me of Sparano. They both have similar offensive mind sets. Both had a good season early in their career thanks to winning a lot of close games. They both are very conservative and somewhat predictable. Gase seems to be more no nonsense and I hope that translates into a better career.
    Last edited by Plague; 11-08-2017 at 01:06 PM.

Personally I like Parker but he wont be useful if he is always injured.

I see we're in full Derek season again lol

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Thats not what I read. It was on my phone and when I got home I couldnt find the link to post it. It said something like we called for some deep passes for Jay to throw but he chose not to and rightfully so because they were playing cover 2.

To me that was a excuse. He had no problem throwing deep when it was too late.

I said it before Gase reminds me of Sparano. They both have similar offensive mind sets. Both had a good season early in their career thanks to winning a lot of close games. They both are very conservative and somewhat predictable. Gase seems to be more no nonsense and I hope that translates into a better career.
    I just don't see any real comparison between Gase and Sparano. Yes we turned into a run first offense with Ajayi but you have to remember during the stretch last year Tannhill was throwing deep a lot and making a lot of great throws while doing it. Gase wants to make it a much more aggressive offense but he's also coaching a lot of players that came from the Philbin era. This year is a complete mess because of the Tannehill injury and it's ridiculous to expect a team to recover from losing their starting QB. Gase liked Cutler but I never expected him to be anything more than Pennington. Just a QB who can run the offense without going too far outside of the boundaries that Gase has set up.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I see we're in full Derek season again lol

I just don't see any real comparison between Gase and Sparano. Yes we turned into a run first offense with Ajayi but you have to remember during the stretch last year Tannhill was throwing deep a lot and making a lot of great throws while doing it. Gase wants to make it a much more aggressive offense but he's also coaching a lot of players that came from the Philbin era. This year is a complete mess because of the Tannehill injury and it's ridiculous to expect a team to recover from losing their starting QB. Gase liked Cutler but I never expected him to be anything more than Pennington. Just a QB who can run the offense without going too far outside of the boundaries that Gase has set up.
    We will see next season if Tannehill throws deep. I don't recall him throwing deep a lot last year. However Cutler makes Tannehill look like Brett Favre. This year its basically Cutler or Moore, so far neither have done the job. I don't buy the bad offensive line reason. I think over half the teams in the league either have a bad offensive line or are using a backup QB.

At this point we should be happy we are 4-4 and still have whats likely false hope in winning, but at least the season is not over and I can still watch the games and enjoy them.

RT was damn good last year pushing the ball

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpo...-ball-project/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast