Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Thatís why JayDubb is my Best friend!
    Exactly

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by LA4life24/8 View Post
    Idt anyone outside of ESPN is sayin its a sure thing and they only doin so for click bait and chit.

I mean hes basically got maybe 3 realistic off season destinations

OKC
    LAL
    Land

That's it. I'll eat my shorts if hes anywhere else. So theres hes a sure thing as a possibility to come Here, ya.
    Someone on here recently said that he was sure pg was coming now. I think it was after pg made his recent comments about happiness. Was almost positive it was MCA TX

Could be mistaken tho

Eric Pincus: Lakers have a big enough trade exception to claim Troy Williams off waivers from Houston, if they were so inclined. While heís earning a minimum salary, itís not a true min contract based on years. So an exception needed or cap room to claim Ė via Twitter EricPincus
    k Our hope for a big change.

Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Someone on here recently said that he was sure pg was coming now. I think it was after pg made his recent comments about happiness. Was almost positive it was MCA TX

Could be mistaken tho
    Mohye guaranteed it. 100% already happened.

http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-rumo...ny/2018/02/13/

How much truth is in this article. Don't know where the $250 million came from. Does it make sense?

Cupcake, Jimmy, and Chazz

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-rumo...ny/2018/02/13/

How much truth is in this article. Don't know where the $250 million came from. Does it make sense?
    That's an exaggeration, but not by much.. Last I saw, the luxury tax threshold for the 2018 season will be at around $124million. For any team that goes over this limit, they have to pay extra money for every dollar over. And there's tiers for how much you go over the luxury tax limit.

1st tier is $1-$4,999,999 over the cap a team has to pay $1.50 for each dollar over.

2nd tier is $5mill to $9,999,999 in which a team pays $1.75 for each dollar over.

3rd tier is $10mill-$14,999,999 in which a team would have to pay $2.50 for each dollar over

4th tier is $15mill to $19,999,999 in which a team has to pay $3.25 for each dollar over

5th tier is $20mill+ over the luxury tax in which a team will have to pay $3.75 for each dollar over the luxury tax limit. (also have to pay an additional .50 for each $5mill over $20mill)

The thunder will be in tier 5 based on their current roster (if they resign george. I'd say they will be around $21million (just an estimation) over the luxury tax after resigning Paul George. So about $145mill in total salaries, $21mill over the projected luxury tax limit, so paying an additional $3.75 for every dollar over would be $78,750,000 in taxes. That in total would equal around $223,750,000.

This is just an estimation, my numbers may be off but this is just an example of what kind of taxes the thunder will have to pay if they do resign Paul George to their current roster.

Edit: So you can say that in taxes and contract commitments, the thunder will have to pay almost twice as much to resign George (around $224mill in taxes and salaries with George resigned compared to around $117million in salaries without George). The question is, is George worth that? I don't think so..

Last edited by jaydubb; 02-13-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Your baby can't do this

Look at this ****ing guy. Lolz

So basically a sign & trade would be best for both parties?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    That's an exaggeration, but not by much.. Last I saw, the luxury tax threshold for the 2018 season will be at around $124million. For any team that goes over this limit, they have to pay extra money for every dollar over. And there's tiers for how much you go over the luxury tax limit.

1st tier is $1-$4,999,999 over the cap a team has to pay $1.50 for each dollar over.

2nd tier is $5mill to $9,999,999 in which a team pays $1.75 for each dollar over.

3rd tier is $10mill-$14,999,999 in which a team would have to pay $2.50 for each dollar over

4th tier is $15mill to $19,999,999 in which a team has to pay $3.25 for each dollar over

5th tier is $20mill+ over the luxury tax in which a team will have to pay $3.75 for each dollar over the luxury tax limit. (also have to pay an additional .50 for each $5mill over $20mill)

The thunder will be in tier 5 based on their current roster (if they resign george. I'd say they will be around $21million (just an estimation) over the luxury tax after resigning Paul George. So about $145mill in total salaries, $21mill over the projected luxury tax limit, so paying an additional $3.75 for every dollar over would be $78,750,000 in taxes. That in total would equal around $223,750,000.

This is just an estimation, my numbers may be off but this is just an example of what kind of taxes the thunder will have to pay if they do resign Paul George to their current roster.

Edit: So you can say that in taxes and contract commitments, the thunder will have to pay almost twice as much to resign George (around $224mill in taxes and salaries with George resigned compared to around $117million in salaries without George). The question is, is George worth that? I don't think so..

Houston is in a similar situation...& no one is talking about it. With Harden, Gordon, & Anderson, then adding CP3 & Ariza they will not be able to afford to keep Capela. Knowing D'Antoni he will want CP3 which leaves Capela out of the equation. Capela will be a RFA. Offer him the max and I doubt Hou matches.

Addding PG13, Capela, & resign Randle:

Ball/FA
    Ingram/Hart
    PG13/FA
    Randle/Kuz
    Capela/Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Look at this ****ing guy. Lolz

So basically a sign & trade would be best for both parties?
    I bet that's what OKC will want to do, paul George too because he will get that 5th year option. I doubt they will want to pay that much in taxes. Paul George is good, but he's not worth that much..

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by parr4 View Post
    Houston is in a similar situation...& no one is talking about it. With Harden, Gordon, & Anderson, then adding CP3 & Ariza they will not be able to afford to keep Capela. Knowing D'Antoni he will want CP3 which leaves Capela out of the equation. Capela will be a RFA. Offer him the max and I doubt Hou matches.

Ball/FA
    Ingram/Hart
    PG13/FA
    Randle/Kuz
    Capela/Bryant
    Yep.. Maybe lakers can benefit on these situations that OKC and Houston are in (and maybe warriors with Klay next year) And don't even get me started on the warriors.. Haha their situation is a nightmare for their owner imo.. These teams all have to make tough decisions. Pay tons of money in luxury tax, or try to build a team with cheaper contracts. It's nice that magic and Pelinka are trying to build a team with a good mixture of vets and young guys still on their rookie contract. This will keep them out of the luxury for a few years, time will come when they will have to make these tough decisions as well.

And for what it's worth, I'd go after capella too, but I don't think magic/Pelinka would. We will see

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post

Kick *** explanation. Thank you so much. It does not make any sense to resign George. Sign and trade for the Cleveland pick? That was they don't take any money back?

Quote Originally Posted by parr4 View Post

Ball/FA
    Ingram/Hart
    PG13/FA
    Randle/Kuz
    Capela/Bryant
    If you think Capela is worth more to us than Randle. I think that he is. It will probably take 18 mil/year to pry him from Houston. But I don't know Houston's exact cap situation. Just a guess on the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post

Have to do it all over again in 2019.

Yeah, well we've been playing that game since 2013 I think... The Lakers championships, aside from Shaq as a FA, have come through smart drafting and trades.

It's really the core to stick to. There is nothing in 2019. Klay is going to stay in GS. Leonard will be too old to consider, plus he's already been an issue now. So it's sell out for PG13 and LBJ, and they'll not only get this team into the playoffs, but they'll help develop Ingram, Kuz, and Zo2 so that they become legit.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

PG is gonna be 28 in May seems like this guy has been in the league forever! But im not too sure if he deserves a full max contract, can this guy really carry this young team to championship contending status? Nonetheless, we dont have much choice lol

Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    I thought you've been saying PG is a sure thing this whole time?
    Who are you again?

Page 44 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast