Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 74 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3078
    Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post
    I dont know man, 9-11 mil for lopez for multi year sounds STEEP for someone that looks like he’s slowing down. He will only play like 20 mins a game too... i think a 1 yr deal if we strike out is reasonable.

PG would be perfect for the Lakers. He fits right in. He will simply take over kcp’s mins.

Ball
    Pg
    Ingram
    Kuz
    Randle

Thats a nice small ball lineup. We need more shooting to support our bench to join kuz and hart. Perhaps even athletic players that can run. Gotta see what is available for us. We are PG and 2 vets away from the playoffs.
    I hear you about not wanting to give Lopez a 4 year deal and I'm with you. I don't either but what I'm saying is, what if that's what it takes to re-sign him.

What if Lopez says he wants a 4/40 contract or else he's bolting. What do we do then? It's easy to say let him leave but then what do we do, what else is out there?

I really like your small ball line up but we will have no bench at all. We'd still have to come out of pocket for bench players. If we think we're gonna fill our bench with a few 1 year rentals then we will easily have one of the worst benches in the league. Anybody that's worth a damn in the NBA isn't gonna be signing a 1 year rental deal unless it's way over market value like KCP.

There's going to be a few options at C this summer but what are we gonna be looking for, the cheapest or the best fit?

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I think even if we strike out on PG (I don’t think we do) we make the playoffs simply on growth from Randle, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Hart. I just think they’re all going to be much better next year, we’ll make the playoffs.
    the west is deep dude... and we will lose KCP / Lopez

Unless we upgrade I think we only improve to like 42-43 wins next year with the same core and that is barely borderline playoffs in the west

I didn’t mean only those 5 guys, we’re definitely going to need other key pieces. We’ll make the playoffs and I agree with you about being one of the lower ranked teams 6-8. But I really don’t think we’ll strike out in FA this year. There’s something different this year about this franchise, it’s enticing the appeal is there.

I didn’t mean only those 5 guys, we’re definitely going to need other key pieces. We’ll make the playoffs and I agree with you about being one of the lower ranked teams 6-8. But I really don’t think we’ll strike out in FA this year. There’s something different this year about this franchise, it’s enticing the appeal is there.

There’s an echo in the room

There’s an echo in the room
    There's an echo in the room

Another team I'm gonna be paying attention to to see what moves they do is the Nuggets, particularly Jokic. They have a TO for $1.6 million. You would think that of course they pick it up but if they do he would become an UFA in 2019. If they were to decline the option he would become a RFA this season. Jokic is for sure gonna get a max contract. I read an article a few weeks ago saying that Denver is gonna decline their TO this summer and max him this summer. If they do, that will put them over the LT if both Chandler & Arthur pick up their POs. They most likely will.

I really hope they cheap out (highly doubtful) and pick up Jokics option. I've said many times that if we were to sign PG this summer then there's no need to save cap next summer. With PG, Ingram, Kuzma & Hart there's no need for either Butler, Klay or Leonard. But if Jokic were to become and UFA the summer of 19 he is a player I would leave cap space for.

He's the C that would fit Luke's system like a glove. He can shoot the 3 ball, rebound and isn't scared to mix it up down low. He's also only 22 years old.

If they do max him this summer I'm sure Denver will be looking into dumping a contract. If we're gonna go down the 1 year deal route to save cap for 19 I'd see what they would offer for someone to take one of Arthur, Chandler or Faried.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I hear you about not wanting to give Lopez a 4 year deal and I'm with you. I don't either but what I'm saying is, what if that's what it takes to re-sign him.

What if Lopez says he wants a 4/40 contract or else he's bolting. What do we do then? It's easy to say let him leave but then what do we do, what else is out there?

I really like your small ball line up but we will have no bench at all. We'd still have to come out of pocket for bench players. If we think we're gonna fill our bench with a few 1 year rentals then we will easily have one of the worst benches in the league. Anybody that's worth a damn in the NBA isn't gonna be signing a 1 year rental deal unless it's way over market value like KCP.

There's going to be a few options at C this summer but what are we gonna be looking for, the cheapest or the best fit?
    I dont think our bench would be atrocious. We would still have Kuzma, Hart, Caruso, Zubac. Perhaps if Brookie is too expensive it’s time for Zubac and TB to step up. What about Dedmon what is his worth in the open market?

I really hope Randle resigns for a fair salary. Im so tired of seeing the Lakers get bullied over the years, it is very nice to see that Randle is doing the bullying for us now.

What's considered striking out in free agency? I presume most people feel if we don't sign a star or two that's striking out, but as you said we will have the natural progression of our youth that will make us better next year, but also if we "strike out" in free agency then we will have all that cap space to fill holes and depth in our roster and that would be huge step forward... watching us lose all these close games lately when we basically have 5-6 guys that should actually be on the team and are playing 8 man rotations we would win all those games if we were injury free, depth is a big thing.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...a-lottery-team
    "Ranking the futures of every projected 2018 nba lottery team"

Guess who is #1

sig bet 7/2/18 - 8/2/18

What Are The Lakers Playing For and What Is Their True Selling Point to Free Agents?

I understand the whole love with the growing trio of Zo-Kuz-BI (and possibly Randle), the Luke Walton share the ball up and down tempo system, and capspace and Magic running the show. But what do we really have to sell to free agents this offseason that is of true substance and value?

What are the Lakers really playing for these last few games? Isn't it concerning that our young future core that we're investing so much into like Zo and Ingram can't even stay healthy and be on the court on a consistent basis? These guys seem really injury prone.

I'm just not as optimistic as some of you out there, but what's the whole allure of Paul George or LeBron James or any free agent for that matter to sign with us? What makes the Lakers so special?

I just don't see it guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...a-lottery-team
    "Ranking the futures of every projected 2018 nba lottery team"

Guess who is #1
    This summer will be huge one way or another for the franchise

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    This summer will be huge one way or another for the franchise

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Don't think anything of signficiance is going to take place.

Even gettign Paul George, we'll be out in the first round at best

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    I understand the whole love with the growing trio of Zo-Kuz-BI (and possibly Randle), the Luke Walton share the ball up and down tempo system, and capspace and Magic running the show. But what do we really have to sell to free agents this offseason that is of true substance and value?

What are the Lakers really playing for these last few games? Isn't it concerning that our young future core that we're investing so much into like Zo and Ingram can't even stay healthy and be on the court on a consistent basis? These guys seem really injury prone.

I'm just not as optimistic as some of you out there, but what's the whole allure of Paul George or LeBron James or any free agent for that matter to sign with us? What makes the Lakers so special?

I just don't see it guys.
    One season is enough to dust out the injury prone label huh?

Los Angeles is a highly desirable city to live in. It has a ton of commercial appeal as well. I could write an entire paragraph talking about attractive this place is to young athletes.
    One of the best young cores in the league and the cap space to pair one star with another. Having so many cost controlled young contracts means these guys will give you energy and are valuable trade assets to potentially bring in another star in the future. This team is one of the better defensive teams in the league. Because we are the youngest, we won't have a small age window to contend and while the stars would do some heavy lifting at the beginning, as they begin to decline our young guys will begin to enter their prime and be able to do more heavy lifting needed to win. By lowering their minutes a bit, the stars can be more fresh, lower risk of injury and prolong their career since we would have the depth. Lebron leads the league in minutes right now IIRC, imagine having Kuzma as his backup. He could play 33 instead of 38 or w/e it is a night. Speaking of Kuzma, imagine him, Zu and Hart leading our 2nd unit. Since we have two stars, there will be some vets looking to try and contend or play on a top team for a year and then cash out in the offseason. These guys can will help fill our PG and SF spots.
    This FO has already proven it can make smart trades and draft extremely well. Magic Johnson and the business wiz kid Pelinka are a strong recruiting pair. We've beefed up our analytics department considerably too.

This is a purely reactionary question born from injury frustration. I get it. If you can't see how valuable a situation we are in, you aren't thinking too hard about it.

sig bet 7/2/18 - 8/2/18

Nice post Aust