Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 148 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2304
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Wtf is that. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    wow. For once I know something on youtube and you don't? That will be the only time though.

I wasnít big on lebron coming but if we get him and George we can win it all. I have a feeling Bosh would come out of retirement to play some bench minutes on the lakers with Bron on the team. Ariza might also take a cheap deal.

Lonzo
    Ingram
    George
    Bron
    Randle

Bench

Hart
    Ariza
    Kuzma
    Bosh
    Lopez

That team battles the warriors in the western confrence finals. We keep our youth and upgrade big time. Getting rid of deng is the only road block.

Quote Originally Posted by Eg714 View Post
    I wasnít big on lebron coming but if we get him and George we can win it all. I have a feeling Bosh would come out of retirement to play some bench minutes on the lakers with Bron on the team. Ariza might also take a cheap deal.

Lonzo
    Ingram
    George
    Bron
    Randle

Bench

Hart
    Ariza
    Kuzma
    Bosh
    Lopez

That team battles the warriors in the western confrence finals. We keep our youth and upgrade big time. Getting rid of deng is the only road block.
    Interesting. I like the bench too but I think Bosh is a concern especially with blood clots. It is going to be difficult to find a taker for Deng but if they can move him and give up mostly picks, it would be a huge win and completely opens the flood gates for the Lakers offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    wow. For once I know something on youtube and you don't? That will be the only time though.
    I'm behind. Haha I don't think I've seen that before tbh

Your baby can't do this

I think our best chance to compete for a championship next year would be to sign LeBron and Chris Paul with cap room, and have Paul George ask OKC for a sign-and-trade to go to the Lakers. We would have to send Deng to OKC with something valuable in return. Probably Kuzma and first rounders.

Paul/Ball
    PG13/Hart
    Ingram/Pg13/3 and D signing
    Lebron/Randle
    Bryant/draft /minimum signings

Didn't want to go back and look for that link that Woj said that LBJ & PG are gonna talk about teaming up in LA.

My thoughts on that are this: you guys know the saying "honor amongst thieves", well I think this is sorta like that. NBA players have to have some kind of honor amongst themselves (Fisher didn't get the message). Before a star free agent switches teams via free agency to go to a team that already has a star player, the free agent star player first talks to the the teams player and see if they can coexist. This kind of feels like that.

Even though PG isn't officially a Lakers player, he was the 1st to commit to the Lakers last summer when he told the Indy brass that he was gonna sign with the Lakers. It's just been a waiting game since then. PG is the Lakers star player. So of course LBJ would feel the need to talk to PG to see if they can coexist.

I've never heard a single word from PG that he's in any way connected to LBJ. That he wants to talk to him about teaming up. What if PG isn't enthusiastic about teaming up with LBJ. We know PGs agent is gonna be against it. PGs agent is gonna want Randle re-signed. We've already seen Randle and PG hanging out this summer.

Just something else to think about....

If Paul stays with the Rockets, Houston becomes the closest thing to a favorite on my scorecard, no matter how complicated it would be for the 65-win Rockets and their general manager, Daryl Morey, to orchestrate the requisite salary-cap gymnastics to bring James in. But donít discount the idea that James could try to bring Paul with him to a team that can afford two superstars, such as the Lakers, because he and Paul really are that close. Ė via New York Times

I hope Magic does not bring CP3. PG must be one of the two free agents along with Lerun or any other one.

So, could LeBron really join the Rockets? Chris Haynes of ESPN on the TK Show: ďHouston has been linked a lotÖ Iíve been told that thatís not a realistic option.Ē Ė via NBC Sports

Phila is the strongest rival competing for Lerun. But He is desperate and he might try anything to Win.
    k Our hope for a big change.

Mamba's opinion.
    ďItís hard, but itís natural. My first day on the job, Kobe called me and said, ĎHereís your biggest challenge, Rob. Be patient.í Look at the great teams. Look up north of us, the team thatís playing Houston right now. They drafted well, they were patient. They had opportunities to move some of the pieces on their rookie contracts for made-now stars, and they didnít. Itís led to what they have, so thatís a great pathway, and patience is essential to that.Ē
    k Our hope for a big change.

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Mamba's opinion.
    ďItís hard, but itís natural. My first day on the job, Kobe called me and said, ĎHereís your biggest challenge, Rob. Be patient.í Look at the great teams. Look up north of us, the team thatís playing Houston right now. They drafted well, they were patient. They had opportunities to move some of the pieces on their rookie contracts for made-now stars, and they didnít. Itís led to what they have, so thatís a great pathway, and patience is essential to that.Ē

Preech mamba Preech

Your baby can't do this

So I was looking at your cap space, and lets be real. The Lakers aren't going to dump Deng's contract to anyone unless someone attractive is attached to it. I'll let you guys play around with this.

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator

It lets you do all sorts of things with cap space to see what your, or other teams cap space is. And if you want to sign LeBron AND Paul George you have to dump basically all rights and still make trades. And if you want a sign and trade for Paul George you're going to have to send equal money back, which you're probably not going to do, as no one wants that Deng contract....

So IF you renounce everyone, and you trade 1 free agent, you're choices would be

1. Lonzo Ball
    2. Brandon Ingram

3. Anyone else but it has to be 2 players.

Once again, I'm aware you want to dump Deng's contract, but it's crap, but LITERALLY the Utah Jazz reddit said that the only way you take Deng is if you get Kyle Kuzma, and then you would consider it having Kuzma for 20 million a year until Deng's contract expires. In which you could pay him 20 million if he's a stud after his RFA expires.

So I'm trying to get a constructive answer, everyone is talking about signing these 2, but this is the reality of things for that to happen. Who do you want to dump?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    So I was looking at your cap space, and lets be real. The Lakers aren't going to dump Deng's contract to anyone unless someone attractive is attached to it. I'll let you guys play around with this.

It lets you do all sorts of things with cap space to see what your, or other teams cap space is. And if you want to sign LeBron AND Paul George you have to dump basically all rights and still make trades. And if you want a sign and trade for Paul George you're going to have to send equal money back, which you're probably not going to do, as no one wants that Deng contract....

So IF you renounce everyone, and you trade 1 free agent, you're choices would be

1. Lonzo Ball
    2. Brandon Ingram

Once again, I'm aware you want to dump Deng's contract, but it's crap, but LITERALLY the Utah Jazz reddit said that the only way you take Deng is if you get Kyle Kuzma, and then you would consider it having Kuzma for 20 million a year until Deng's contract expires. In which you could pay him 20 million if he's a stud after his RFA expires.

So I'm trying to get a constructive answer, everyone is talking about signing these 2, but this is the reality of things for that to happen. Who do you want to dump?
    You're late to this party. Apparently we're gonna dump Deng onto Atlanta for the #25 pick, Zubac and a 1st round pick in like 2030 or something. Just ask half the posters here lmao....

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post

1. Lonzo Ball
    2. Brandon Ingram

I agree with this. Laker fans are indifferent on what it'll take to trade deng but I think it'll have to take at least one of those three (ball, Ingram, kuzma) attached to deng for a team willing to eat his contract. The thing that I think some laker fans aren't thinking about, is that a lot of the nba won't help the lakers get those two stars. The last time someone bailed out the lakers in a situation like this, (the Kwame brown for Pau Gasol trade) the lakers went to 3 straight nba finals. After that a lot of teams tried to team up against the lakers (Chris Paul trade for example). And now there's rumors that popovich won't even consider trading kawhi to the lakers under any circumstances.

I really think that two late first round picks won't get it done. I think the lakers would have to sweeten the pot quite a bit to offload deng so one of those 3 would have to go imo.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I agree with this. Laker fans are indifferent on what it'll take to trade deng but I think it'll have to take at least one of those three (ball, Ingram, kuzma) attached to deng for a team willing to eat his contract. The thing that I think some laker fans aren't thinking about, is that a lot of the nba won't help the lakers get those two stars. The last time someone bailed out the lakers in a situation like this, (the Kwame brown for Pau Gasol trade) the lakers went to 3 straight nba finals. After that a lot of teams tried to team up against the lakers (Chris Paul trade for example). And now there's rumors that popovich won't even consider trading kawhi to the lakers under any circumstances.

I really think that two late first round picks won't get it done. I think the lakers would have to sweeten the pot quite a bit to offload deng so one of those 3 would have to go imo.

So with all this in consideration, is it crazy to think the Lakers can package Ball with Deng to say, Atlanta or Phoenix or someone, and then bring in Lebron, PG, and Cp3? Iím sure the math canít be totally far off considering Balls contract and Deng.

Here's something that none of you (that i can think of) mentioned. So lets say we trade Deng along with lets say Zubac and 2 1st round picks, this is why you do it on draft day because teams are gonna base this off from what we have now, what if we strike out on a superstar this season? all of a sudden that 1st round pick turns into a mid round pick next season. Teams shouldnt assume we are going to sign LeBron or PG cuz nothing is guaranteed. Heck if anything we are taking the chance in this. So this is the reason why I think a team will bite on the trade because theyre getting at least a mid round pick next season, and who knows what they'll get in 2021 and you get Zubac who is a serviceable big in the right system and heck ill even throw in this years 2nd round pick. I believe it gets done without having to give up one of our young core guys. Believe in our FO!

Lebron James and Chris Paul can team up elsewhere. Stay the **** away from my baby lakers