Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 124 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 1959
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I've been so back and forth on whether I would want DMC or not. He's the 1 player that I've always said that would've stunted the growth of all our young players. He's always been a me 1st player his whole career. But if given the choice between DMC on a 1 year deal or LBJ I would definitely pick DMC. Lakers FO wouldn't have to feel pressured that they have to make a mid season trade to get better with DMC opposed to having LBJ.
    I agree

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    With the over 36 rule going up to over 38 (LBJ played a part in having the age go up) LBJ can still sign one of his 1+1 deals and still be able to sign a max 4 year contract next summer. Not sure if he's still eligible for supermax contracts cause of how many years he's been in the league.

But if he wants to get the highest amount the final year of his contract he would have to sign a 5 year contract this summer so it could begin to escalate. He can only sign a 5 year contract with Cleveland though.

I believe for him to make the most money he would need to sign a 1+1 deal in Cleveland and then sign a 4 year max (supermax?) deal in Cleveland next summer when the cap goes up another $7 million. Then let it escalate from there.
    I think if he's going to stay in Cleveland, he will just opt into his current contract because it'll actually give him more money in the first year than if he opts out and signs a 1+1 max. It's my understanding that he does qualify for the supermax because he's at least a 10 year veteran that has been an mvp, not to mention he's made the all NBA team pretty much every year. His max will start at just over $35mill with escalators with any team he signs with. Cleveland now only has the benefit of offering that 5th year in his hometown team, next year he can't get a 5 year max no matter where he goes because in a 5 year max, he'd be entering his age 39 season.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I wouldn’t stretch Deng just to sign Boogie... I think we can fit all that PG/Randle etc without stretching Deng. We’re really close from getting out of under his contract. I would bite the bullet this year and next year when his contract becomes and expiring it will be an asset instead of giving anything of value just to unload him or add on 5years.
    Yea. You don't stretch deng for boogie, you stretch deng if you are going after 2-3 stars in the same offseason (which I don't want).

Currently as is, if lakers renounce their rights to Randle (which makes Randle a rfa), they can offer Paul George a max and boogie a close to one year max if they choose to (around 29mill or so if I remember correctly, I'd have to look at their payroll again). If they want to bring in Paul George on a max and resign randle, then yes the only other way they could get someone else is by stretching deng unless boogie wants to take, I believe, it's like a 1 year 18million contract with the lakers which I just don't see him accepting (that'd be like the ultimate gamble on himself).

Your baby can't do this

I can’t see him staying in Cleveland when they have no cap space, not many assets and no clear future. Just don’t see it happening, a player like Lebron can make mult-millions playing in the right situation. I don’t see how a 4-1 Boston series win, will do anything but entice Lebron to leave for better endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Yea. You don't stretch deng for boogie, you stretch deng if you are going after 2-3 stars in the same offseason (which I don't want).

Currently as is, if lakers renounce their rights to Randle (which makes Randle a rfa), they can offer Paul George a max and boogie a close to one year max if they choose to (around 29mill or so if I remember correctly, I'd have to look at their payroll again). If they want to bring in Paul George on a max and resign randle, then yes the only other way they could get someone else is by stretching deng unless boogie wants to take, I believe, it's like a 1 year 18million contract with the lakers which I just don't see him accepting (that'd be like the ultimate gamble on himself).

Yea stretching Deng just sounds horrible. Just the thought of giving Boogie a multi-year contract makes me cringe. I personally would choose Randle/PG and call it a off-season but we’ll see soon how all this plays out.

I can’t see him staying in Cleveland when they have no cap space, not many assets and no clear future. Just don’t see it happening, a player like Lebron can make mult-millions playing in the right situation. I don’t see how a 4-1 Boston series win, will do anything but entice Lebron to leave for better endeavors.
    Well, he once said he's never leaving Cleveland again, that's the only way I see him staying tbh, if he is actually loyal like he said he was going to be. Also, of course, if the cavs are able to add a star he'd likely stay. I expect the cavs to go 150% all in on acquiring kawhi leonard.

Your baby can't do this

Well, he once said he's never leaving Cleveland again, that's the only way I see him staying tbh, if he is actually loyal like he said he was going to be. Also, of course, if the cavs are able to add a star he'd likely stay. I expect the cavs to go 150% all in on acquiring kawhi leonard.

Lmao, yea we all say this or that but the guy’s ego is huge. You really think he will stay and finish his career getting spanked by the Celtics the next few years? Of course you don’t.

I can also see them going after Kawhi but w/o many assets, they really needed that Brooklyn pick to be a top 3, other than that they don’t have much to offer. Would you rather have a young star package around a Fulton, Tatum or Brown or even one of our kids over the 8th pick? I know, I wouldn’t. This Summer is going to be ****ing crazy. I hope we come out on top.

Loyalty probably means zilch to him at this stage of his career. He will go where he thinks he can win and he already won Cleveland a championship anyways. They are definitely on the downturn at this point. LA or HOU should be the front runners.

The more and more i read into Boogie, the more i love it. Give him a bloated one year prove it deal. Leave some flexibility for 2019 because warriors are gonna lock up KD and open the doors for a Klay departure.

Also, i feel like everyone is sleeping on Clippers being a destination for Lebron. Does he really want to play in Kobe’s shadows? Also, perfect spot for a potential banana boat reunion and/or they have assets to land Kawhi especially after the lottery.

But back to the Lakers, i think boogie and PG will be amazing.

Lmao if the Clippers get Kawhi/Bron/+ and become the better team again in the city..... I guess we’ll still have our youth movement

Lmao, yea we all say this or that but the guy’s ego is huge. You really think he will stay and finish his career getting spanked by the Celtics the next few years? Of course you don’t.

I can also see them going after Kawhi but w/o many assets, they really needed that Brooklyn pick to be a top 3, other than that they don’t have much to offer. Would you rather have a young star package around a Fulton, Tatum or Brown or even one of our kids over the 8th pick? I know, I wouldn’t. This Summer is going to be ****ing crazy. I hope we come out on top.
    The trade would be something along the lines of Kevin love + 8th pick for kawhi leonard. That's a decent trade for the spurs and I could see pop turning Kevin love back into the monster he once was. Power forwards have never really played well with lebron, but always seem to play well for the spurs. LMA will have to keep playing center but that team will have a nice front court.

Also, you keep mentioning tatum. I highly doubt that the Celtics will be offering tatum. That would surprise me quite a bit. They've mentioned several times that they had tatum #1 on their board in the draft, and he just had an absolute fantastic year for them. I don't even think they'd trade jaelen brown for one year of kawhi tbh. And idk who you mean by fulton. Remember, that team has kyrie irving and Gordon Hayward just sitting, waiting to play, they will already be better, they don't need to make trades. I think the Celtics would part with kyrie before the young kids tbh.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    Loyalty probably means zilch to him at this stage of his career. He will go where he thinks he can win and he already won Cleveland a championship anyways. They are definitely on the downturn at this point. LA or HOU should be the front runners.
    I don't think for a second that he's loyal. I really don't. That's why I remembered that he said that, I was counting down the days that he would leave. That's the thing with him, all he cares about is himself, he doesn't care what is sacrificed as long as he gets what he wants. If lebron comes to the lakers I bet it'll be on condition that they trade one of lonzo/ingram for a win now player, such as kawhi leonard. Is that the right move? I'm not sure, because their window will be pretty quick, like 2 years instead of like 10-15 if they keep the young kids to see if they turn into something.

Your baby can't do this

The trade would be something along the lines of Kevin love + 8th pick for kawhi leonard. That's a decent trade for the spurs and I could see pop turning Kevin love back into the monster he once was. Power forwards have never really played well with lebron, but always seem to play well for the spurs. LMA will have to keep playing center but that team will have a nice front court.

Also, you keep mentioning tatum. I highly doubt that the Celtics will be offering tatum. That would surprise me quite a bit. They've mentioned several times that they had tatum #1 on their board in the draft, and he just had an absolute fantastic year for them. I don't even think they'd trade jaelen brown for one year of kawhi tbh. And idk who you mean by fulton. Remember, that team has kyrie irving and Gordon Hayward just sitting, waiting to play, they will already be better, they don't need to make trades. I think the Celtics would part with kyrie before the young kids tbh.

*Fultz also the 6ers can make cap space to sign Lebron/Kawhi. I also don’t think Celtics will offer Tatum but I can see Brown or heck even a package around Kyrie/Hayward, we’ll see but I know that Love/#8 package looks really ugly compared to some of the young talent packages other teams will most likely offer but we’ll see only time will tell.

Lmao if the Clippers get Kawhi/Bron/+ and become the better team again in the city..... I guess we’ll still have our youth movement
    It's literally impossible.. Deandre Jordan and Austin rivers are both likely going to opt in to their contracts, I doubt they get close to that by opting out. Also who are they gonna trade for kawhi? Lol..

Your baby can't do this

*Fultz also the 6ers can make cap space to sign Lebron/Kawhi. I also don’t think Celtics will offer Tatum but I can see Brown or heck even a package around Kyrie/Hayward, we’ll see but I know that Love/#8 package looks really ugly compared to some of the young talent packages other teams will most likely offer but we’ll see only time will tell.
    Ah fultz. OK I can see that one. We don't know what kinda offers San Antonio will get. If kawhi pulls a Paul George and commits to LA, all while Paul George leaves OKC and signs with LA, then the trade offers won't be very good anyway. The cavs will make the best offer under that situation imo because they will be the most desperate.

Your baby can't do this