Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 98 1231151 ... LastLast

2018 Free Agents

Do any of you guys really want (Bad Attitude) Boogie, (Old Man River) James, (Ball Hog) Westbrook, (Not worth a MAX contract) PG13, (Not coming to the Lakers) KD?

I know we'd get instant wins and who knows what could happen and yada yada yada. But do you guys really wanna see these prima donnas sucking up all of our cap space for the next four to five years, destroying the chemistry and development of our young core? Sure we might get one or two chips out of it in a year or two, but with James he's on the decline, PG13 could get injured and destroy a whole season's worth of hard work, Boogie could get suspended at just the wrong time, Westie's ball dominance would completely stagnate the development of our young core, and KD <> Ingram cancel each other out. Well, not exactly, KD is way way better at this point, but he's got a lot of miles on him and he's likely going to stay in SF anyways.

I think Pelinka and Magic need to think long and hard about what they're going to do with that cap space come this next off season. I for one no matter what want to keep Kuz, Ingram, and Ball together, I'd love to keep Brook if we could, but that would be at the expense of a super star this next summer. I'll be honest with you, I'd like to let this young team season for one more year before pulling any off any big moves. I just don't like the FA class this next summer.

Okay guys, what do you want to see happen this coming summer?
    Last edited by The_Great_One; 11-04-2017 at 07:15 PM.

What do you guys think about this? We're last in the NBA at three point percentage, what kind of a deal would you make for Klay Thompson? Who else would we get with him to round the team out from the remaining FA class? PG13+Klay and call it a day? Damn I can rhyme, I should become a rapper. NOT!!!

Could we get PG13+Andre+Klay? Maybe Mychal Thompson can help put this deal together?

Keep the deals as short as you can for Klay and Andre and when they expire go out and get the best available, decent super star FA that still has some youth and upside.

GSW has Jordan Bell, they probably won't resign Andre. If we can get both Klay and Andre with PG13, and our rookies have the 2017 season now under their belts? Huh? Huh? Am I on to something here?

It in no way puts us over the top, but would any deal we could make this summer? I'd like to keep my options open for better free agents down the road.
    Last edited by The_Great_One; 11-04-2017 at 07:41 PM.

No, no, no, no, no.

Klay first, then AD.

Guards: Lonzo / Klay / Clarkson / Hart / Caruso

Forwards: Ingram / Kuz / Randle / LNJ

Centers: Davis / Zubac
    Magic0320, talent scout:

"So as 2nd overall pick [Ingram is a] bust.
    I don't see him ever....I MEAN EVER MAKING ALL STAR."

Superstar Brooklyn Nets stat-whore D'Angelo Russell:

"I wanted to play defense in L.A.," Russell said, "but I felt
    like I had to score every chance I got for us to be relevant."

Quote Originally Posted by 42-15-7 View Post
    No, no, no, no, no.

Klay first, then AD.

Guards: Lonzo / Klay / Clarkson / Hart / Caruso

Forwards: Ingram / Kuz / Randle / LNJ

Centers: Davis / Zubac

AD's not a UFA until 2021? That's a long time to wait.

You know now that I think of it, why do we have to get a big name FA? I say Klay for sure, and then maybe we could keep renting Brook and KCP for one more year? Make them sign for smaller deals.
    Last edited by The_Great_One; 11-04-2017 at 07:58 PM.

I for one don't want LBJ... not because of his decline, but rather because I hate him! It's nothing personal, but he came in when Kobe was in his prime and then it became who's the best player in the league so I naturally hated on him and wanted him to fail because Kobe was our guy. I will not get past that until he retires. It was the same with MJ, he was the best so I hated him and wanted him to fail because we couldn't beat them, once he retired I accepted him as the best and respect him. So no to LBJ! Lebron will want the team built for him as well.

LBJ and George also play where we have the deepest young talent so that's a problem. I would be good to pass on both of them if Ingram, Nance and Kuzma keep improving. We'll have a better idea at the end of the year. You have to look at value though, I talk about this all the time, you can't win a title unless you have value, all the championship teams have guys contributing that make less than their market value. Kuzma and Nance combines will make just under 4 mil next year, you can't beat what they bring for their cost, replacing that or adding to that with a guy at 35-40 mil does not make sense, plus Kuzma we has 2 team options so we can lock him up for 3 more years without his salary ever surpassing 3.5 mil. Adding an all star at that position you are basically paying 35+ mil more for the difference that he brings over and above what Kuz/Nance do. It makes more sense to replace Ingram who will make 7.5 mil next year followed by 10 mil, so if George or James played the 3 with the extra money you will get significant more output in the short term, but Ingram is only 20 and will continue to improve so you are giving up on that or at least slowing it and I'm not sure that I would want that either.

Klay would be by far my first choice, I think KCP has been great for us defensively so Klay would bring that as well as a 3 point shot so that right away is an upgrade. His extra cost over KCP is justified.

You mentioned wanting Lopez back, I like Lopez, but I would add Cousins over him, Brook makes 22 mil, if you add Cousins at 35 mil he's better offensively and much better on D. So again the extra money is justified.

Outside of the lakers Westbrook is the guy I like the most to watch and cheer for, but I would not want him with our young players.

All that to say I would be content to add one max FA and keep what we have. Klay would be my first choice and Cousins my second choice. If we could keep Lopez on a hometown discount closer to 15-20 mil and add Klay that would be nice or the opposite of KCP at 15-20 mil and add Cousins. If we go with just one max FA we would have enough money to fill a few holes such as backup PG as well.

I actually trust in Magic and Rob. They have to exhaust all options, so talking about having the money to sign 2 max free agents now gets everyone's attention, I'm sure potential FAs will keep an eye on us this year. We have the whole year to see how our young guys develop, lets say BI starts to tear it up in the second half of the year and it's clear the player he'll be then I'm sure that factors in the decision, if he's still exactly where he is at now then maybe you look at things differently. Kuzma by the end of the year might be averaging 20 points a game, again that might change what we do. So right now lets just enjoy our season, hope from all of our young guys to keep improving and then figure it out in the offseason.

Another thing to consider is that what looks like what is needed to be a championship is misleading, teams like GSW are not the future, they had a lot of things line up perfectly to allow them to put that team together, you can't build another team like that. In a couple of years that will all work itself out and the teams who drafted and developed young talent will have the advantage due to the cap restrictions.
    Last edited by LoveMyLakers; 11-04-2017 at 08:14 PM.

Cousins this year: 29 pts, 14 rebs, 6 assists, 2 blokes and 2 steals. That's impressive!

Please, no James he would destroy our chemistry and leave us hanging whenever he feels the need for change. We should get JO and keep the core young.
    This is how I bleed

Lol I canít believe there are still people who want Okafor. Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_One View Post

AD's not a UFA until 2021? That's a long time to wait.

You know now that I think of it, why do we have to get a big name FA? I say Klay for sure, and then maybe we could keep renting Brook and KCP for one more year? Make them sign for smaller deals.
    If it's not happening for AD in NO -- and it won't be -- then they're going to have to move him or lose him. I think he makes it known that he wants out, and they look for a suitable partner.

Maybe as soon as two years from now.
    Magic0320, talent scout:

Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    Lol I canít believe there are still people who want Okafor. Amazing!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...0#post31953760

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...2#post31953822

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...7#post31958257

Guess who?
    Magic0320, talent scout:

Also see right above my earlier post - the logic is astounding

I'm not sure, to be honest. I don't see big names coming here next year and you know what? I actually don't mind. Rather see them grow as a unit with Brook and KCP. My only wish if for the both of them to take discounts especially homegrown Brook Lopez.

Next years FA class is overrated. I like the 2019 class better.

To answer your question though.. I'd like to see:

1. Doug McDermott behind Playing behind Ingram. Has the size and sharp shooting. Guy would be perfect for Luke's offense

2. A Shaun Livingston type of player behind Lonzo Ball. Preferably a PG with a steady perimeter game

Bottom line: we've all seen what this team can do. They hustle and play D. Imagine if they become a 40-45% from 3pt. We don't need superstars that. Just a couple of 3/Ds who plays consistently.

OH and to add: I wish Randle would sign for a JC type of contract and Deng... Well hopefully Deng gets traded for an expiring. Wishful thinking.

I go for PG this coming summer. When he told Indy he was gonna sign in LA we were a really bad team and he didnt seem to mind. Next summer we will be quite a bit better and have a direction we will be going in. He said hw was gonna sign with the Lakers, not where he can jump on an already made teams coattails. So I got my eyes set on PG. Of course LA would be a lot easier sell if we could have enough money for 2 max players. Deng is a for sure gotta go player but either JC or Randle would have to go for us to have enough for 2 max players. I vote Randle. Both Indy & Utah have expirings to match up Deng & Randle so I would definately look into it. Both have a need for a young promising PF.

If we get that extra $ for the 2nd max player its Boogie. If we can add Boogie along with PG to go with all our young players we already got except Randle we'll be set.

Ball, JC
    PG, Hart
    Ingram,
    Kuzma, Nance
    Cousins, Zubac

Add some vets, probably bring back Brewer.

Thats if we land PG. No PG Im not really feeling Cousins. Cousins cannot be that much better then his next teammate cause it will be very bad for the team. He will be too ball dominant that will set back the development of our youngsters.

If no PG, I give KCP another big 1 year deal and save the cash for 2019 when Klay becomes a FA. If KCP wants a long term deal then I move on. Read recently that Dallas will be looking to move Mathews so I will see what Cuban would give up for us to take Mathews $18 million off his hands. Would be an expiring so it would be just like signing KCP to the 1 year deal.

Look into Noel but wouldnt invest franchise money into him cause he aint no franchise player. Also read that Washington might be willing to give up something for someone to take Gortat.

So many different ways to go next summer but like LoveMyLakers said, gotta wait to see the development of our young players. That will lead the direction the team goes.

Quote Originally Posted by 42-15-7 View Post
    If it's not happening for AD in NO -- and it won't be -- then they're going to have to move him or lose him. I think he makes it known that he wants out, and they look for a suitable partner.

Maybe as soon as two years from now.
    Ohhhh I see what you mean. Well I like him over all of the other FA's available at this point. He's young, has all the tools, has a good attitude, he's still developing and growing, and he could really be a leader on this young team. The young rooks can relate to him and at the same time respect his all star talent and veteran credibility.

Page 1 of 98 1231151 ... LastLast