Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I would like a settlement but i can't see one happening. The NFL told Brady it would reduce his 4 game suspension if he admitted his transgressions. Brady told them to go to hell.
    Zeke will never admit or accept responsibility for DV so can't see a reduction. Why would he especially if he is innocent?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    I don’t think he settles at all. It would be bad pub cause then it could be construed as an admission of guilt.

And I don’t think the NFL would be interested in settling because it would weaken their further disciplinary actions they’d lay down.

But yea this Defense can be more than good enough i think if we can keep the trio of Lee, Irving, Lawrence healthy.
    Yeah I don't think he'll settle either, but it should at least be a consideration. Maybe the NFL could drop the DV suspension and make it into a conduct detrimental to the league one at 2 games. I'm not sure they could do that, but it'd be worth considering if they could. I also don't see Zeke agreeing to being punished for DV if he feels he didn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Boy lost in all this is that Dak is just simply very good. Very efficient and doesn't make many mistakes. They were discussing on the Ticket today that in the History of the NFL no QB has a higher total TD to INT ratio in their first 25 games as a starter than Dak. The top 5 are all in the 3's except for Dak who is at 6.1.
    Is that a total TD ratio or just passing? During the game he was like around 4, so I'm surprised it'd be up to 6 after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Maybe, the defense is compromised when Sean Lee is not in there. He's probably erasing mistakes or getting everyone in the right spots...or just diagnosing the play before it happens. If you see a lot of the game film, He accurately reads the play a high percentage of the time and flies to that spot as it happens. That's why you see some guys who are fast and athletic being slower because they don't read the play and don't fly to the spot as quickly. Intelligence is half the battle. Irving and Lawrence are just wreaking havoc now.... before we didn't have them....or had only just one of them. I remember our earlier games and we weren't getting to the QB at all. But, I saw that a few games ago we were able to rush just 3 and DLawrence still got to the QB. It saves our secondary by allowing more to be back there. I also think that we were judging Anthony Brown by rookie standards. Now, that he's in his 2nd year, we expect more from him.

I don't think Zeke will settle at all....he doesn't want to be labeled an abuser. He mentioned in an interview that he won't ever settle because he doesn't want to be labeled as one. Tom was able to hold off the suspension for an entire season, so I wondering if Zeke can do that.

What do you make of our games with the Falcons and Eagles? You think we beat those guys? So far the games have not gone according to conventional wisdom. We get blown out by the Broncos led by a Trevor Simien who normally is a mediocre QB throwing a lot of picks, but then beat the top flying Chiefs.
    I think we'll beat the Falcons and we'll split with the Eagles. I think we lose the first Eagles game but beat them in week 17 for the division and a bye.

I hate to say it, but we need to beat the Eagles both games or we will be a wildcard team. I think the D is what is going to either win or lose the games against the Eagles. It will be a matter of it the D can stop the Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah I don't think he'll settle either, but it should at least be a consideration. Maybe the NFL could drop the DV suspension and make it into a conduct detrimental to the league one at 2 games. I'm not sure they could do that, but it'd be worth considering if they could. I also don't see Zeke agreeing to being punished for DV if he feels he didn't do it.

Is that a total TD ratio or just passing? During the game he was like around 4, so I'm surprised it'd be up to 6 after the game.

I think we'll beat the Falcons and we'll split with the Eagles. I think we lose the first Eagles game but beat them in week 17 for the division and a bye.
    I believe the way they’re playing, anything is possible. They’re playing their best football of the year. I believe Zeke will play out the season and either have his suspension reduced or thrown out
    #BringBackMatty

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    I hate to say it, but we need to beat the Eagles both games or we will be a wildcard team. I think the D is what is going to either win or lose the games against the Eagles. It will be a matter of it the D can stop the Wentz
    Yeah, and that is going to be a tough task. One thing we have going for us is their injury to Peters which makes their offensive line not as formidable. With the way our d line is playing, that'll be a tough task for them to contain. If we can contain their offense, I don't see their defense stopping our offense (especially if Zeke plays).

Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    I believe the way they’re playing, anything is possible. They’re playing their best football of the year. I believe Zeke will play out the season and either have his suspension reduced or thrown out
    I hope he gets it thrown out, but we won't know that til the offseason at least. I just hope for the injunction to come out so he can play the rest of this year.

Total run/pass TDs for a QB. When factoring both he is at 6.1. Nobody else is above 3.6 even when factoring both.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Total run/pass TDs for a QB. When factoring both he is at 6.1. Nobody else is above 3.6 even when factoring both.
    That's nuts. The stat they had during the game was passing only and there is nobody else above like 2.5 he was above 4 haha

The Cowboys probably need to win both Eagles games to get the NFC East crown. But, with what they showed lately, they have a better shot. Irving and Lawrence can change the dynamics completely if they go in and disrupt their plans. I was surprised to see the Cowboys able to rush 3 and still get to the QB...and that was only with Lawrence. Now, you have the twin beast on the other side. A lot of favorites have been upset, simply because the opposing pass rush completely changed the dynamics. Look at the perfect Patriots, etc. in the super bowl.

The Cowboys probably need to win both Eagles games to get the NFC East crown. But, with what they showed lately, they have a better shot. Irving and Lawrence can change the dynamics completely if they go in and disrupt their plans. I was surprised to see the Cowboys able to rush 3 and still get to the QB...and that was only with Lawrence. Now, you have the twin beast on the other side. A lot of favorites have been upset, simply because the opposing pass rush completely changed the dynamics. Look at the perfect Patriots, etc. in the super bowl.
    Yeah pass rushes can be huge. The Giants basically won both their titles with awesome pass rushes, so if we can keep up the pace then our defense will be solid.

I'm not sure we have beat them both times to take the division. That'd be the best way obviously, but I'm not sure they'll go undefeated the rest of the way. Their schedule gets tougher from here on out

Reporter: What happened Dak?

Dak: I don't know, they were everywhere. I'd throw, they would intercept it. I'd try to run, they were right there. I'd look up, there they were. It's not fair. I miss my Zeke, I can't do this without him. They were right, all of them, they were all right. Wentz IS better than me.

I think we are a better team than the Eagles. It didn’t show it in that game against Denver cause that just turned into a **** show, but they will begin to miss Peters and Hicks sooner than later.

Meanwhile we are starting to hit our stride on D and should even be getting back Awuzie this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    I think we are a better team than the Eagles. It didn’t show it in that game against Denver cause that just turned into a **** show, but they will begin to miss Peters and Hicks sooner than later.

Meanwhile we are starting to hit our stride on D and should even be getting back Awuzie this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope Awuzie can be good. He just hasn't played enough to say one way or the other. Honestly if we can get Brown off the field I'll be happy. He hasn't had a good game all year.

Reporter: What happened Dak?

Dak: I don't know, they were everywhere. I'd throw, they would intercept it. I'd try to run, they were right there. I'd look up, there they were. It's not fair. I miss my Zeke, I can't do this without him. They were right, all of them, they were all right. Wentz IS better than me.

I hope Awuzie can be good. He just hasn't played enough to say one way or the other. Honestly if we can get Brown off the field I'll be happy. He hasn't had a good game all year.
    I'm not ready to give up on Anthony Brown. He did look athletic last year. He must be doing something technique wise or in his game flim prep that needs to be corrected. Some of these top corners are also great at technique and reading the play. You see how Sean Lee can be better than more athletic guys simply because Lee has better technique and football knowledge, not saying Sean Lee isn't athletic--he's super athletic. But you see these super freaky athletic guys that can't make plays.

Yeah pass rushes can be huge. The Giants basically won both their titles with awesome pass rushes, so if we can keep up the pace then our defense will be solid.

I'm not sure we have beat them both times to take the division. That'd be the best way obviously, but I'm not sure they'll go undefeated the rest of the way. Their schedule gets tougher from here on out
    You see some analysts like to compare teams on a spread sheet and go line by line at how they match up....but some times the game turns on just one unit of the ball like special teams or the pass rush and that's where you see upsets happen. The coaching has improved. Early in the season, our running plays were super predictable and we were stuffed many times. The last few weeks, we've had more misdirection and that's why you've seen an explosion of our offense. Haven't checked the stats but we're pretty high up there on offensive output the last few weeks.

I still think there is a very good chance that the Eagles win the division and the Cowboys get one of those wild card spots. If they can get the top WC spot I would almost prefer that. I want them to have something to play for in the last game and I want them to keep their momentum going by having to play that first week of the playoffs. I think having the division wrapped up by week 17 and then having a bye week really hurt them in the playoffs. It killed all the momentum they had built leading up to that last game of the season.

I will defer to the great Bill Parcells here - just get into the tournament. We have seen so many teams get on a roll over the past 15 to 20 years and go to the SB without winning the Division or having one of the 2 buys. Get in and let our surging defensive line and young athletic and very efficient ball protecting QB/RB combo lead this thing to the first championship in over 20 years. It can be done with the team we have if things break right.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234