Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Get the 1st
    #BringBackMatty

Great win by the Cowboys! Defense again looked very good. A couple of lapses here and there but over all they had a good game.

Next week is going to be extremely tough if they have to play without Dez, Zeke, and Williams.

Yeah very good win today. It's going to be big to see what happens with Zeke this week. Hopefully Dez can come back next week, we'll need him against Atlanta. Honestly, Atlanta looks like a shell of what they were last year so I'm not too concerned, especially with our defense playing a lot better lately.

Would love a Zeke win this week and a Dez with a small ankle problem he can play through or only miss like one game.

I believe 2 of three play and the one not playing is Williams
    #BringBackMatty

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    This defense just looks so different with Sean Lee, DLawrence and David Irving. We were scoring over 30 for several games and didn't even win some of those.

What's the latest on Dez and Williams? Why would they be without Zeke next week?
    Dez has a sprained ankle and havenít heard anything about Williams yet. Are you joking about Zeke?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Great win by the Cowboys! Defense again looked very good. A couple of lapses here and there but over all they had a good game.

Next week is going to be extremely tough if they have to play without Dez, Zeke, and Williams.
    This defense just looks so different with Sean Lee, DLawrence and David Irving. We were scoring over 30 for several games and didn't even win some of those.

What's the latest on Dez and Williams? Why would they be without Zeke next week?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah very good win today. It's going to be big to see what happens with Zeke this week. Hopefully Dez can come back next week, we'll need him against Atlanta. Honestly, Atlanta looks like a shell of what they were last year so I'm not too concerned, especially with our defense playing a lot better lately.

Would love a Zeke win this week and a Dez with a small ankle problem he can play through or only miss like one game.
    It's amazing how much coaching makes a difference. Rams hire a new coach and they make Goff look like a different quarterback and that 4-12 team into one leading the west. The Falcons have explosive players, but their chemistry seems to be off. I think it's partly a coaching issue.

It's a pleasure hearing Romo call a Cowboys game. Who'd know more about what the Cowboys do than Romo? You could tell he had inside dirt on how things are done. He's right that our secondary is average, but our front four are very strong and fast.

Dez has a sprained ankle and havenít heard anything about Williams yet. Are you joking about Zeke?
    I meant the Zeke thing isn't settled yet....unless you heard something for sure that he's not going to be available. I haven't finished watching the last 2 minutes of the game. A high ankle sprain can be anywhere up to 6 weeks or just 1 week depending on how severe.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    I meant the Zeke thing isn't settled yet....unless you heard something for sure that he's not going to be available. I haven't finished watching the last 2 minutes of the game. A high ankle sprain can be anywhere up to 6 weeks or just 1 week depending on how severe.
    Oh ok, no thatís why I was saying that the Cowboys could be without Zeke (depending on how the hearing goes this week).

Oh ok, no thatís why I was saying that the Cowboys could be without Zeke (depending on how the hearing goes this week).
    That thing has been such a roller coaster that I've had vertigo keeping up. All these different motions where he's in and then out, then back in.

By the way, what do you think of the Cowboys now? The win was pretty impressive considering how explosive the Chiefs have been all season (beating up Patriots.....and even competitive in their losses). We were handling the Rams pretty easily until we shot ourselves in the foot. The defense looks completely different with Irving, Lawrence and Lee altogether. We were gashed for 160 plus yards when Lee was out....

Defense had their most impressive performance of the season yesterday given how the Chiefs have rolled over most defenses they've played so far. If Sean Lee can stay healthy, our defense will be average at worst it appears. That'd be huge for us given our offensive efficiency.

We'll find out about Zeke one way or the other this week. One thing to keep an eye on if he does secure the injunction (which would allow him to play the rest of the season while the court case works itself out) is whether he works out a settlement with the NFL or not. I don't really see that happening, but I could see a scenario where the NFL offers to reduce it to 2 games and he takes it missing the Falcons game and the Eagles game.

Defense had their most impressive performance of the season yesterday given how the Chiefs have rolled over most defenses they've played so far. If Sean Lee can stay healthy, our defense will be average at worst it appears. That'd be huge for us given our offensive efficiency.

We'll find out about Zeke one way or the other this week. One thing to keep an eye on if he does secure the injunction (which would allow him to play the rest of the season while the court case works itself out) is whether he works out a settlement with the NFL or not. I don't really see that happening, but I could see a scenario where the NFL offers to reduce it to 2 games and he takes it missing the Falcons game and the Eagles game.
    I would like a settlement but i can't see one happening. The NFL told Brady it would reduce his 4 game suspension if he admitted his transgressions. Brady told them to go to hell.
    Zeke will never admit or accept responsibility for DV so can't see a reduction. Why would he especially if he is innocent?

Boy lost in all this is that Dak is just simply very good. Very efficient and doesn't make many mistakes. They were discussing on the Ticket today that in the History of the NFL no QB has a higher total TD to INT ratio in their first 25 games as a starter than Dak. The top 5 are all in the 3's except for Dak who is at 6.1.

I donít think he settles at all. It would be bad pub cause then it could be construed as an admission of guilt.

And I donít think the NFL would be interested in settling because it would weaken their further disciplinary actions theyíd lay down.

But yea this Defense can be more than good enough i think if we can keep the trio of Lee, Irving, Lawrence healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Maybe, the defense is compromised when Sean Lee is not in there. He's probably erasing mistakes or getting everyone in the right spots...or just diagnosing the play before it happens. If you see a lot of the game film, He accurately reads the play a high percentage of the time and flies to that spot as it happens. That's why you see some guys who are fast and athletic being slower because they don't read the play and don't fly to the spot as quickly. Intelligence is half the battle. Irving and Lawrence are just wreaking havoc now.... before we didn't have them....or had only just one of them. I remember our earlier games and we weren't getting to the QB at all. But, I saw that a few games ago we were able to rush just 3 and DLawrence still got to the QB. It saves our secondary by allowing more to be back there. I also think that we were judging Anthony Brown by rookie standards. Now, that he's in his 2nd year, we expect more from him.

I don't think Zeke will settle at all....he doesn't want to be labeled an abuser. He mentioned in an interview that he won't ever settle because he doesn't want to be labeled as one. Tom was able to hold off the suspension for an entire season, so I wondering if Zeke can do that.

What do you make of our games with the Falcons and Eagles? You think we beat those guys? So far the games have not gone according to conventional wisdom. We get blown out by the Broncos led by a Trevor Simien who normally is a mediocre QB throwing a lot of picks, but then beat the top flying Chiefs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast