Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Would've rather got Romo back.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Would've rather got Romo back.
    Not me. His personality grew old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darvish to the Cubs for 6 years 126 million. Hopefully more deals to follow
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Orioles have had contact with the Rays about Jake Odorizzi (as have the Yankees) and the Astros about Colin McHugh, per MLBTR

Rosenthal says Cards sign Bud Norris....a former Cardinal killer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    ... and a forgettable Dodger along with Mat Latos.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    ... and a forgettable Dodger along with Mat Latos.
    It's very fitting that Latos had a 6.66 ERA With the Dodgers.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Satan personified by both player and team indeed.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Should've been Greg Holland instead. Trusting Gregerson or Norris in the late innings is not what a contender should be running out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Should've been Greg Holland instead. Trusting Gregerson or Norris in the late innings is not what a contender should be running out there.
    I don't disagree, but I imagine they didn't like the price for Holland (including the pick)

I don't disagree, but I imagine they didn't like the price for Holland (including the pick)
    Considering the state of the Cubs and the state of the Brewers (and the Brewers are still active) I don't think they can be picky at this point. They need to upgrade the back of the bullpen, and if it's not Holland, they need to work out a trade.

Considering the state of the Cubs and the state of the Brewers (and the Brewers are still active) I don't think they can be picky at this point. They need to upgrade the back of the bullpen, and if it's not Holland, they need to work out a trade.
    I agree, but I can appreciate their reluctance to put the team in that sort of position. Unless Holland could be had on a shorter term, higher AAV deal, I doubt they had much interest. If he wasn't happy with the deal Davis got, then I'm happy the Cards didn't give it to him, even with their spot on the win now curve.

Agreed, not sure why Cards seem to be going the cheap route. Unless theyre waiting on Holland to drop his price.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Agreed, not sure why Cards seem to be going the cheap route. Unless theyre waiting on Holland to drop his price.

If Holland walked away from the Rockies deal at 3/52, then I'm sure glad the Cardinals haven't given that to him (plus the value of the picks).

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/card...-greg-holland/

There are some pretty strong comps between Bud Norris and Greg Holland last year in this article

If Holland walked away from the Rockies deal at 3/52, then I'm sure glad the Cardinals haven't given that to him (plus the value of the picks).

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/card...-greg-holland/

There are some pretty strong comps between Bud Norris and Greg Holland last year in this article
    I just can't feel bad for any of these guys represented by Scott Boras. I understand the business is about money (agents, players, owners, etc) but he's been overvaluing his clients for years, especially the 2nd tier talent he has had.

He's lucky he's built himself such a reputation/client base because if this market continues the way it has gone in future seasons, he's going to have a hard time finding new clients unless he lowers his demands (for his existing clients) dramatically.

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast