Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Wilbur Wood was the last lefty knuckler
    Boone didn't throw many innings but here's his wiki

Boone signed a minor league contract with the*Milwaukee Brewers, spending about a year in their farm system before being released once again. For the next five years, he dropped off the radar of American professional baseball.

Then, in 1989, a new league started that gave Boone a new lease on his career: the*Senior Professional Baseball Association. Boone signed on with the*Bradenton Explorers, where he showed off a new pitch in his arsenal: the*knuckleball. He pitched well enough for them (4-3, 3.16 ERA) to get a contract offer from the Orioles,[2]*and in September 1990 he was back in the majors. He pitched in four games, including his first-ever major league start against the*Cleveland Indians*on September 30, in which he did not receive a decision.[3]

Boone's comeback drew some attention, and he even was accorded "Rookie Prospect" status in the 1991*Score*baseball card set at the age of 36.[4]*However, his first major league start also turned out to be his last major league appearance, as he did not make the Orioles team that spring, and after a second stint with the Explorers Boone's career was well and truly over
    Lol @ the Rookie Prospect inclusion

That kind of dumpster diving would make Dan Duquette jealous.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Phillies picked themselves up a nice utility player in Ryan Flaherty. He can play all infield positions, both corner outfield spots and he was our emergency catcher and pitcher. The bat is certainly light, but he is underrated when he lucks into consistent ABs.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Boone didn't throw many innings but here's his wiki

Lol @ the Rookie Prospect inclusion
    Nice find!

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    [https://pbs]

Ken Rosenthal

@Ken_Rosenthal

Source confirms: A separate training camp for unsigned free agents “will happen.” Union not sure how many players will attend, but plan to make a facility available in Florida or Arizona. First reported: @TBrownYahoo.

9:03 PM · Feb 7, 2018

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    They don't have a lot of time to make that happen. Better get going.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    [https://pbs]

Ken Rosenthal

@Ken_Rosenthal

Source confirms: A separate training camp for unsigned free agents “will happen.” Union not sure how many players will attend, but plan to make a facility available in Florida or Arizona. First reported: @TBrownYahoo.

9:03 PM · Feb 7, 2018

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Give those suckers their own league too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Based on performance alone, I would not mind having Puig man right field and hit in the middle of the order. He just needs a good caregiver (babysitter)

MLB Offseason Thread

Brewers offered Darvish 100 M + and were quickly declined

Some team offered 5/110 but were told thanks but no thanks

Yet some Cubs fans think they will get him for 4/90

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Brewers offered Darvish 100 M + and were quickly declined

Some team offered 5/110 but were told thanks but no thanks

Yet some Cubs fans think they will get him for 4/90

You're a modest troll

Jon Heyman can not understand how Jake McGee can get a bigger contract than Todd Frazier.

1. Markets Jon. Markets. Todd Frazier isn't an upgrade for a lot of teams at third base and there aren't going to be a lot of buyers for that player. Where as there are going to be a lot of teams that can slot McGee in there.

2. McGee and Frazier's deals are basically the same AAV

3. Also, the WPA value of a good reliever on your team (McGee last year was 1.33, 5.54 for his career), while Frazier was -.68 last year, 3.84 for his career and is barely better than league average for his position

4. And again, it comes down to demand and fit. McGee was a high demand guy, has shown he can pitch in Colorado (or did last year) and Colorado wants to shorten their games. The Mets can use Frazier, but there was no market for Frazier after Cosart signed.

Nationals need and want Realmuto. Marlins need to shed more salary (at least $10M), but want either Robles or Soto...something the Nationals probably won't do.

So what about packaging Realmuto along with a bad contract and getting back some more remedial prospects?

Something like Realmuto and Castro (that's about $14M, and still keeps Nationals below luxury tax) and maybe get Fedde, Crow and Garcia back?

I figure Realmuto has abotu $75M in surplus value, but isn't under control in the Marlins window.
    Castro probably has neutral value, or slightly below average.

Those three prospects have about that value.

But where does Castro fit on the Nats? They are high on Wilmer Difo to cover Murphy if he takes longer to recover from injury, and they actually view him as their long term 2B past this year. Lucroy is a much better option because it doesn't cost them anything besides the salary. Wieters is a pro and will accept either one of them, so it's not like you need to keep him happy or anything.

What a fun offseason

Sergio Romo gets a major league deal with the Rays.

Derek Holland gets a minor league deal with a ST invite from the Giants.

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast