Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    This off-season is zzzz

Have to be some movement soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.sny.tv/yankees/news/astr...cole/264414756

Astros may be close to getting Gerrit Cole. Keuchel, Verlander, Cole, McCullers Jr., Morton

Sick rotation

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    https://www.sny.tv/yankees/news/astr...cole/264414756

Astros may be close to getting Gerrit Cole. Keuchel, Verlander, Cole, McCullers Jr., Morton

Sick rotation
    Ya, that's an OK starting 5

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I give the Astros credit. Win a WS and instead of resting on your laurels or good will from winning it, they instead go out there and try to improve the team further, especially after what they saw the Yankees do by acquiring Stanton. I know they're are a lot of things that can happen from now till October but am sure they're prepping for a potential rematch with the Yankees.

Dave Cameron leaving FanGraphs for Padres front office job. I am going to miss his weekly podcast.

I’m watching Sheffield talk on Hot Stove and I’m laughing because he’s talking about how “these kids want 20MM contracts but haven’t won anything blah blah blah”

How is that any different from him wanting big money but getting it by using steroids?

I hate when these older steroid using ****s try to act like the voice of reason/like they have morale.

"haven't done anything" like he's talking about vs him raking, roids or not, is a big difference. Sheff was lethal at the plate and roids were basically encouraged during his time since nobody then cared and it helped the game.

My issue with the comment is well

1. Somebody who “hasn’t done anything” isn’t going to get 20MM. You have to go 6 years before hitting free agency.

2. There are plenty of Joey Vottos and Bryce Harper’s who ‘haven’t won anything’ but are unarguably worth 20MM+

3. If I’m not mistaken, Sheffield never won anything.

4. I get that nobody cared if you took roids but without them, Sheff wouldn’t even be relevant enough to do an interview, nonetheless make arrogant comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I’m watching Sheffield talk on Hot Stove and I’m laughing because he’s talking about how “these kids want 20MM contracts but haven’t won anything blah blah blah”

How is that any different from him wanting big money but getting it by using steroids?

I hate when these older steroid using ****s try to act like the voice of reason/like they have morale.
    I get what you are saying. But I also agree with some of what they are saying. The prices some of these players are asking for and how the market has evolved is just stupid. That now relievers... RELIEVERS! not talking about closers but a ****ing reliever is getting paid ridiculous money because your $20 million starter can't pitch more than 5 innings? Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    My issue with the comment is well

1. Somebody who “hasn’t done anything” isn’t going to get 20MM. You have to go 6 years before hitting free agency.

2. There are plenty of Joey Vottos and Bryce Harper’s who ‘haven’t won anything’ but are unarguably worth 20MM+

3. If I’m not mistaken, Sheffield never won anything.

4. I get that nobody cared if you took roids but without them, Sheff wouldn’t even be relevant enough to do an interview, nonetheless make arrogant comments.
    He won a ring with the 97 Marlins.

His batting stance is one of my all time favorites. Along with Bonds and Griffey.

Remember when the guy punched a fan during a game

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    I get what you are saying. But I also agree with some of what they are saying. The prices some of these players are asking for and how the market has evolved is just stupid. That now relievers... RELIEVERS! not talking about closers but a ****ing reliever is getting paid ridiculous money because your $20 million starter can't pitch more than 5 innings? Good grief.
    Blame how the media blew up the bullpen use, starting in 2014 with the Royals and Orioles and continuing to now. Andrew Miller is going to get a nutty deal, and so was Zach Britton before his Achilles injury.

Mets are in serious discussions with Adrian Gonzalez, according to Nightengale.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Mets are in serious discussions with Adrian Gonzalez, according to Nightengale.
    So what you're saying is they haven't spoken to him at all?

There is no chance the Yankees can get Darvish for a deal around the 80-90 million dollar range. No chance. To even think that is delusional at best.

As a Cubs fan, I would gladly take Robertson off their hands if the NYY wants to pursue Darvish more heavily.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    There is no chance the Yankees can get Darvish for a deal around the 80-90 million dollar range. No chance. To even think that is delusional at best.

As a Cubs fan, I would gladly take Robertson off their hands if the NYY wants to pursue Darvish more heavily.
    Agreed, Darvish is getting way more than that. It's not like some of the other players where there are a shortage of suitors. The list is long for Darvish.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast