Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    mmmmm it is very interested!

When do single game tickets generally start going on sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    July 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    July 1st.
    None available until 3 months in to the season? That's sure going to make filling stadiums difficult.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

July 1st.
    Might want to double check that bro? Or are you talking about another sport?

Damn, that’s disappointing. Next year I am taking my first trip to the US and planning to watch the Cubs on my Birthday (July 1st vs the Twins). [emoji15]

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Usually around March 1st, when the teams have confirmed who is re-upping season ticket packages. Orioles will release them around this time, however, the only tickets not available would be opening day because they go through a raffle for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Might want to double check that bro? Or are you talking about another sport?
    Just being a smartass

Dodgers and Cubs interested in Britton.

ORLANDO — The Chicago Cubs and Los Angeles Dodgers are two of the teams that have spoken to the Baltimore Orioles about star closer Zach Britton, sources tell FanRag Sports. It is believed that a couple other teams also have checked in on Britton, one of the game’s best closers.

The Orioles are said to be willing to at least listen on Britton since they need to reallocate monies for the rotation, he’s expected to get upwards of $13 million via arbitration after making $11.4 million last year — high for a small-to-medium market like Baltimore — and he’s a free agent after the year.
    https://www.fanragsports.com/heyman-...loser-britton/

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Usually around March 1st, when the teams have confirmed who is re-upping season ticket packages. Orioles will release them around this time, however, the only tickets not available would be opening day because they go through a raffle for them.
    I remember the Yankees did it in February last year. It really depends on the market and how big a demand there is I suppose.

Masahiro Tanaka 2016 Stats:

Wins 13 | Losses 4 | 193.2 IPs | 34 Walks | 160 Strikeouts | 2.97 ERA | 1.06 WHIP

Dodgers and Cubs interested in Britton.

https://www.fanragsports.com/heyman-...loser-britton/
    If Britton could net the Orioles a controllable young starter, they could trade him. That's the only scenario I see, and only scenario of a big-name Oriole being on the move, so no, Manny won't be traded despite what every media outlet wants you to think.

Ultimately, the reason we could move on from Britton if we get the right pitcher in return, is because the growth of Mychel Givens. He went from being a converted SS with a live arm to a solid reliever who couldn't get lefties out, to developing a change-up that allows him to be more effective against lefties than he is against righties. If the Orioles can also find a replacement left-handed reliever, which is where they could make a FA splash, that makes the Britton move even more of a certainty. If the Orioles netted, say, Jake McGee or Tony Watson in FA, along with the return for Britton, it would still mean the Orioles have a bullpen that's a strength for the club and can still be presented to opponents in a variety of ways.

@BNightengale
    The J.D. Martinez asking price to teams at GM Meetings:
    Seven years, $210 million

That ******

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    @BNightengale

That ******
    That's laughable!

@BNightengale

That ******
    I wonder what excuse Scott Boras will used in February and string training is around the corner and/or already underway and JD Martinez is still a free agent?

Teams that might have the money, don't have the need or the room. Teams that have the room, are not the teams J.D. is looking to play for. I still think he'll get somewhere around 6/140 but man he will be a Free Agent for a long time. So, if I was J.D. I would settle in because he isn't getting a deal any time soon.
    Screw sabermetics.

@BNightengale

That ******
    Hilarious. **** Scott Boras

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast