Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Explain KC game?
    Receivers running free against the 30th ranked defense in the league. What part of that confuses you?

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    Receivers running free against the 30th ranked defense in the league. What part of that confuses you?
    Your over simplistic interpretation to continue to hate on Carr doesnít confuse anyone on here we all see through it. You were wrong about Carr just face it and get over it. Everyone else who got it wrong had their humble pie. Posting when teams in a slump and making it out to be on Carr is not fooling anyone.

Hitting a receiver in stride when D is in Zone is not running wild. Got plenty of examples when covered in man as well.

https://youtu.be/V6PTN0uSsks

Your over simplistic interpretation to continue to hate on Carr doesnít confuse anyone on here we all see through it. You were wrong about Carr just face it and get over it. Everyone else who got it wrong had their humble pie. Posting when teams in a slump and making it out to be on Carr is not fooling anyone.

Hitting a receiver in stride when D is in Zone is not running wild. Got plenty of examples when covered in man as well.

https://youtu.be/V6PTN0uSsks
    No hate. Its strictly based on his skill set alone and the things that he does not do well. He had a better run than I thought he would and he will continue to have good games and also melt downs.

And yes, this team is built around Derek. We have a ton of money and talent around him to make him successful. He is spread offense QB that is at his best in the gun. If he has a bad game we are going to get beat.

No hate. Its strictly based on his skill set alone and the things that he does not do well. He had a better run than I thought he would and he will continue to have good games and also melt downs.

And yes, this team is built around Derek. We have a ton of money and talent around him to make him successful. He is spread offense QB that is at his best in the gun. If he has a bad game we are going to get beat.
    Heís an NFL QB 4 seasons and developed well. Your argument of him being a spread QB is outdated. Even draft analysts admitted they got it wrong. Heís very capable of being under Center, using play action, rolling out and throwing on run against his arm to his left and hitting Crabtree for winning touchdown.

Itís a week to week league our staff have to come up with better plans. Moving Cooper to slot after 1 game is no longer a surprise Buffalo had solutions. We need to come up with new problems for Dolphins or we lose. Thatís the NFL

Our D is a massive problem especially with no running game to control clock. Guess thatís onDC as well

Heís an NFL QB 4 seasons and developed well. Your argument of him being a spread QB is outdated. Even draft analysts admitted they got it wrong. Heís very capable of being under Center, using play action, rolling out and throwing on run against his arm to his left and hitting Crabtree for winning touchdown.

Itís a week to week league our staff have to come up with better plans. Moving Cooper to slot after 1 game is no longer a surprise Buffalo had solutions. We need to come up with new problems for Dolphins or we lose. Thatís the NFL

Our D is a massive problem especially with no running game to control clock. Guess thatís onDC as well
    Its pretty tough from where I set to figure out just how much is on Derek. We know that plays were called to go down the field against the Bills. We also know that Derek has never and apparently will never throw a hail mary to end the half.
    Seems to be some disconnect there between him and Downing who I thought was his buddy. I hope he isn't turning into another Jeff George that was rumored to not listen to coaches.

As far as his skill set I will call it like I see it and agree to disagree.

And the defense we already knew wasn't very good they are not responsible for the poor offensive performance. Which is why we have a losing record. Don't try to spin it and deflect blame. That's just silly.

Ive figured it out. We suck. We'll continue to suck until we prove otherwise. No run game. Passing game is mediocre and predictable. Our defense, or lack of, is terrible. Special teams havent been special as of late and our coaching staff is undeniably questionable. Again, the talking heads sure did talk a lot this last offseason. Pathetic thing is I believed them. Stupid me.

The run game is odd. Ranked twenty fifth but tenth or so in yards per attempt. Which kind of says we just donít run it enough. But that zone blocking stretch play doesnít look good to me.

Just not a fan of this offense and having a QB in the gun all the time.

agreed

Absolutely no running game is the issue this season. We aren't even a threat. Simply get to running the ball and the passing game will fly.

The run game is odd. Ranked twenty fifth but tenth or so in yards per attempt. Which kind of says we just donít run it enough. But that zone blocking stretch play doesnít look good to me.

Just not a fan of this offense and having a QB in the gun all the time.
    Didn't Carr play a lot in the gun last year? I remember that we discussed that in our opinion, that he played too much in the gun, especially after he hurt his hand. Regardless, it worked for us then. So, what's different about that this year? I believe it's the absence of the run game. Frankly, I wasn't impressed with Murray, and happy to see him go. Then, getting Lynch, I thought with Richard and Washington, would put us over the top, especially with the O line returning in tact.
    I remember many of us saying that even though the D didn't improve, we were comfortable with the O just outscoring the opposition. Well....best plans laid to rest.

Maybe they just weren't as good as their record last year. Lots of close wins and games that they could have lost. Plus, we have the worst set of coordinators in the league.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

There's a good Dieter podcast (imo) in today's East Bay Times where he claims DC is soft and he refuses to throw the ball down field until he absolutely has to (which leads to his late game heroics). He says he's taking what the defense gives him. Dieter points out the reason they give the underneath stuff is they know that's how to beat us. Washington exposed us and everyone else is following suit.
    Don't recall who has it embedded in their posts. But, what happened to taking what we damn well please like AL said?

Quote Originally Posted by Stump jumper View Post
    There's a good Dieter podcast (imo) in today's East Bay Times where he claims DC is soft and he refuses to throw the ball down field until he absolutely has to (which leads to his late game heroics). He says he's taking what the defense gives him. Dieter points out the reason they give the underneath stuff is they know that's how to beat us. Washington exposed us and everyone else is following suit.
    Don't recall who has it embedded in their posts. But, what happened to taking what we damn well please like AL said?
    Especially with Downing's pre season speech about getting aggressive and throwing deep more often. It sounded good.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Didn't Carr play a lot in the gun last year? I remember that we discussed that in our opinion, that he played too much in the gun, especially after he hurt his hand. Regardless, it worked for us then. So, what's different about that this year? I believe it's the absence of the run game. Frankly, I wasn't impressed with Murray, and happy to see him go. Then, getting Lynch, I thought with Richard and Washington, would put us over the top, especially with the O line returning in tact.
    I remember many of us saying that even though the D didn't improve, we were comfortable with the O just outscoring the opposition. Well....best plans laid to rest.
    Yes, Derek broke his finger last year just when I thought he was starting to look better under center. He has always been a spread offense QB that has operated out of the gun. We will see him under center a handful of plays every game. It usually just makes us predictable.
    It was said that Fresno ran a more pro style offense when Derek was a red shirt. I donít know. I do know he was in the gun running a hurry up spread offense while a starter at Fresno. A fifth year senior that looks the same to me. Likes to get the ball out of his hands fast. The gun is his comfort zone and he wants to get rid of it in a hurry.

Derek was on board with Downing as they had better communication and Derek would have more say in the game plans and freedom in the offense.

The NFL caught up to the quick release based on a pre-snap read. Washington challenged him and the wheels came off the offense.

I donít think every defense is going to shut us down. But we need to change the way we do things. Derek seems dead set in his ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump jumper View Post
    There is tape out there from last year when Derek was miked up of Musgrave talking Derek into going down field with the ball. It took some talking and Derek finally agree to it and if it wasnít there it would just throw it away.
    Funny stuff. Game on the line and you have to prod him. And he is not going to go through any read progression. Gunslinger indeed.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast