Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Reggie has done well to get us this far but I dont see him taking us further. I hope we get someone else who can fix this "defense".

Quote Originally Posted by tinkertoys View Post
    I realize that these threads are where fans vent frustrations about where the team is at, but I take issue with a few things:
    1) Firing Reggie McKenzie is a stupid idea. Stop posting that. No GM wins with every draft pick or free agent. You can't expect miracles. Part of the reason that teams struggle is that the fans demand turnover and coach and GM, and the owners cave in ... and continue to struggle. Look at the 49ers--fired Jim Harbaugh for no reason and have been terrible. McKenzie took a team that was a mess after the passing of Al Davis. The Raiders were 12-4 last year and over-achieved. Yet, they still look like a 10 win team with some luck. The Patriots, Chiefs, and Eagles are the top teams left on the schedule. The Raiders should be able to split with the Broncos and Chargers. Time for Derek Carr to have the game of his life against the Patriots.
    2) Amari Cooper and Derek Carr are not overrated. Yet, they have not raised their game in light of everyone game-planning them. Cooper added strength in the off-season, when he should have been studying tape. Derek Carr still tends to throw floaters, which can result in drops. Drops are not necessarily the result of "hands." It can result from the way the ball was thrown, the way the wideout ran the route, the angle at which he tried to catch it and so on.
    3) The running-game struggled without Marshawn Lynch setting the tone.

Hopefully, this will be my last post on these threads.
    Finally a level headed post. Good job

I realize that these threads are where fans vent frustrations about where the team is at, but I take issue with a few things:
    1) Firing Reggie McKenzie is a stupid idea. Stop posting that. No GM wins with every draft pick or free agent. You can't expect miracles. Part of the reason that teams struggle is that the fans demand turnover and coach and GM, and the owners cave in ... and continue to struggle. Look at the 49ers--fired Jim Harbaugh for no reason and have been terrible. McKenzie took a team that was a mess after the passing of Al Davis. The Raiders were 12-4 last year and over-achieved. Yet, they still look like a 10 win team with some luck. The Patriots, Chiefs, and Eagles are the top teams left on the schedule. The Raiders should be able to split with the Broncos and Chargers. Time for Derek Carr to have the game of his life against the Patriots.
    2) Amari Cooper and Derek Carr are not overrated. Yet, they have not raised their game in light of everyone game-planning them. Cooper added strength in the off-season, when he should have been studying tape. Derek Carr still tends to throw floaters, which can result in drops. Drops are not necessarily the result of "hands." It can result from the way the ball was thrown, the way the wideout ran the route, the angle at which he tried to catch it and so on.

McKenzie's drafting can now without a doubt be questioned. Every 2nd rounder is a project instead of going a safer route, with player with better college productivity.

Watson, Edwards, Melifonwu, and Jihad Ward, which I believe is the wost pick he's ever hard...my god that dude is trash.

I do like how he made an outstanding effort to address the o-line by bringing in several players, but he's sucked at free agency a little as well.

I understand that no one is perfect, but taking huge risks with Hayden, and every second round pick is just stupid.

Moving on to you comment about the receivers...man they get paid to catch the ball whether it's floated, tossed, or thrown like a bullet, their job is to make the adjustment and catch the ball.

Now my biggest issue is with Del Rio. He's had several seasons to improve the defense, yet we seem to be going backwards every year. We can blame KNJ, but's it's ultimately Del Rio who overseas eveything and has imput on who to cut and bring in to improve units, and he's done a terrible job on something that's supposed to be his bread and butter.

I have no faith in this team making any sort of push for a playoff spot, nor would I want them to make it any way. They do not have a defense to compete, we all know this and to showcase that in the playoff is a waste of time. They just made every QB this season look like an all-pro.

You say we should keep the coaches for continuity sake, well like I stated above what has Del Rio and his choices for coaches done to merit another season or two? I sure as hell do not want to see the same crap over and over. He's brought us as far as he can go, not they need a coach that can maximize every players strengths...on offense that is because the defense doesn't have much talent.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

It's hard to catch the football. It is NOT Amari's fault. Catching a football is hard. He should have studied more on how to catch a football. It's hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump jumper View Post
    It's hard to catch the football. It is NOT Amari's fault. Catching a football is hard. He should have studied more on how to catch a football. It's hard.
    I hope you're trying to be funny. Any way.....Cooper had dropsies in Alabama too. So this is nothing new.

Derek is throwing too many "floaters". LOL I'm sorry, that made me laugh. Frickin Derek, is he putting a backspin on the ball?

Sorry, I'm having trouble with the drops. These are NFL receivers. If the ball lands in their hands, they should handle it, regardless of the speed, or even if it's not a spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    McKenzie's drafting can now without a doubt be questioned. Every 2nd rounder is a project instead of going a safer route, with player with better college productivity.

Watson, Edwards, Melifonwu, and Jihad Ward, which I believe is the wost pick he's ever hard...my god that dude is trash.

I do like how he made an outstanding effort to address the o-line by bringing in several players, but he's sucked at free agency a little as well.

I understand that no one is perfect, but taking huge risks with Hayden, and every second round pick is just stupid.

Moving on to you comment about the receivers...man they get paid to catch the ball whether it's floated, tossed, or thrown like a bullet, their job is to make the adjustment and catch the ball.

Now my biggest issue is with Del Rio. He's had several seasons to improve the defense, yet we seem to be going backwards every year. We can blame KNJ, but's it's ultimately Del Rio who overseas eveything and has imput on who to cut and bring in to improve units, and he's done a terrible job on something that's supposed to be his bread and butter.

I have no faith in this team making any sort of push for a playoff spot, nor would I want them to make it any way. They do not have a defense to compete, we all know this and to showcase that in the playoff is a waste of time. They just made every QB this season look like an all-pro.

You say we should keep the coaches for continuity sake, well like I stated above what has Del Rio and his choices for coaches done to merit another season or two? I sure as hell do not want to see the same crap over and over. He's brought us as far as he can go, not they need a coach that can maximize every players strengths...on offense that is because the defense doesn't have much talent.
    I think Jack was a good hire and a poor contract extension. I was hoping for more but was pretty sure he could get us moving in the right direction and get the bar off the ground. He has done that. Just didnít warrant an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I hope you're trying to be funny. Any way.....Cooper had dropsies in Alabama too. So this is nothing new.
    LOL! He is.....

Cooper is a big play receiver. And I think he can be a valuable weapon. But he is never going to be a possession reciever and force feeding him the ball in goal line situations is not the best call, especially when you can just hand the ball to Lynch. That blew my mind.

There has also been a tendency to throw him the ball when he is covered and not finding him when he is open.

Might be a good idea to have a possession guy replace him in the red zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    LOL! He is.....

Cooper is a big play receiver. And I think he can be a valuable weapon. But he is never going to be a possession reciever and force feeding him the ball in goal line situations is not the best call, especially when you can just hand the ball to Lynch. That blew my mind.

There has also been a tendency to throw him the ball when he is covered and not finding him when he is open.

Might be a good idea to have a possession guy replace him in the red zone.
    Throwing him the ball when he's covered is on Carr. Funny, when Coop ran that deep crossing route he had separation. I don't know why we don't do that more with him. He can use his speed to do that. These 5 yd outs don't do that.

Throwing him the ball when he's covered is on Carr. Funny, when Coop ran that deep crossing route he had separation. I don't know why we don't do that more with him. He can use his speed to do that. These 5 yd outs don't do that.
    It reminds me of when we had Randy Moss and didnít know how to use him. I get the impression he checks out at times.

Any one else think it was odd to see Cooper on the "Hands" team for the onside kick?

I was nervous when I saw it bouncing his way. The guy has trouble catching a spiral thrown right to him yet we trust him fielding an onside kick????
    Last edited by RAIDERLIFE; 11-07-2017 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    Any one else think it was odd to see Cooper on the "Hands" team for the onside kick?

I was nervous when I saw it bouncing his way. The guy has trouble catching a spiral thrown right to him yet we trust him fielding an onside kick????
    I hate to admit this, but...I saw that and had a similar reaction.

I'm Your Huckleberry.

Haha I noticed too, and wondered if they kicked it to him intentionally.

No, I'm not surprised. His drops have more to do with him trying to do too much before he catches the ball then they do with him having hands of stone.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast