Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    Look at our drafts. In 2012(I give him a pass, seeing our first was pick 95) and 2013, none of those guys are with us now.

In 2014, he hit a grand slam with Marr, Carr, and my favorite Raider, Jackson. Ellis and Carrie are shaky at best, three top-tier talents in one draft is commendable.

Then in 2015 Cooper(who I loved taking at the time), MEJ, Walford, Feliciano, Ball, Heeney, have done nothing. Cooper is a drops magnet right now. Walford has gone invisible, Ball and Heeney are no longer here. Feliciano is a serviceable backup. But in that draft we got a WR who can't catch, a TE that has gone 'poof' and a serviceable DT/DE in MEJ(when Preston Smith was there for the taking).

Then in 2016 we took Joseph(who I really like, btw), a project DE/DT who is inactive every week(a waste of a roster spot and draft pick), Calhoun is a DE they are trying to make into a OLB, which he ain't, Cook who the coaching must not like at all, Washington who a a fair-to-middling RB, James who is hot and cold with his play, and Alexander, who at RT seems shaky at best.

Then Reggie failed to address the DT and MLB positions, instead giving foolish money to Cook, Patterson, Lynch, extending another drop magnet in Seth Roberts, not signing Zach Brown while he was in the building.

In 5 years, we've had ONE winning season...ONE!! And I think at the end of this year, Reggie's sixth here, we'll still have ONE winning season.

He has whiffed at more draft picks than he's hit, and has done a terrible job in FA.

Other than that, he's good.

I was a Reggie apologist until the beginning of this season, but I see I was HORRIBLY wrong about the man.
    Nailed it, but we will have RM and JDR two more years. What this franchise really needs more than anything is a new owner. Mark is a lost cause owner. I hope he sells one day

In 2013 we had the likes of Lotululei, Richardson, Eifert, Trufant, Phodes sitting there when we took Hayden.

We took Watson with Kawann Short, Le'Veon Bell, Jamie Collins, Jonathan Hankins(who Reggie could have signed as a FA this offseason), sitting there.

He took Sio Moore over Mathieu(which I didn't want, either, but the kid's kept his nose clean).

Tyler Wilson was a gamble in the 4th that didn't pan out.

In 2015, he took Cooper(who I loved taking, btw), over the likes of Leonard Williams, Beasley, Scherff, and Waynes. He took MEJ over Preston, which was a YUGE gaffe, Walford is non-existant now, as I think I saw his pic on a milk carton(and Tyler Lockett was the very next pick after him, as they gave away a bunch of picks to trade up and get him).

We could have had Derrick Henry, A'Shawn Robinson or Jarran Reed, but noooo, Reggie drafted Jihad Ward, and he and Walford must have ratted someone out and went into the witness protection program.

Reggie's good at team friendly contracts(and that turns a lot of players away from signing with us, as he is uber frugal), and that's pretty much it.

He overpaid for Jano, Roberts, Jones, too.

Who's with me on the Vita Vea draft train?

N. Cog Neato Phil MaGroin

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Nailed it, but we will have RM and JDR two more years. What this franchise really needs more than anything is a new owner. Mark is a lost cause owner. I hope he sells one day
    Mark goofed on going all in with JDR and extending both those goons as soon as he did, but to get the sweet $ he got from Vegas without brandishing a gun, is straight gangsta.

I am adding 2012 to the list of what Reggie has done since he's been here, but being so cash-strapped and draft picks bare, I am not bashing him for it.

Free Agents:

Ron Bartell(no long in the NFL)
    Mike Brisiel(no long in the NFL)
    Dave Tollefson(no longer in the NFL)
    Shawntae Spencer(no longer in the NFL)
    Phillip Wheeler(looked decent for us, got more $ with the Dolphins and fizzled out)
    Joselio Hansen(was pretty decent CB and hurt his shoulder in 2013 and was IR'd, never heard from again)

NFL Draft:

Tony Bergstrom(floundering around still)
    Mile Burris(whiffed his way outta the NFL, just like Ben Heeney did)
    Jack Crawford(has carved himself a role at in Dallas last I remembered)
    Juron Crider(no longer in the NFL)
    Christo Bilukidi(floundered around and is no longer in the NFL, IIRC)
    Nathan Stupar(played some with 49ers and Falcons on ST's, IIRC, but nothing special)

Free Agents:

RB Rashad Jennings(had a pretty decent year and went to play with the Giants)
    DE Jason Hunter(nothing special)
    DT Vance Walker(nothing special)
    OLB Kevin Burnett(was middling but could be an all-pro on this year's defense)
    OLB Nick Roach(really liked him but a concussion cost him his career)
    OLB Kaluka Maiava(**snicker**)
    CB Mike Jenkins(smoked)
    CB Tracy Porter(see Jenkins comment)
    S Charles Woodson(best FA signing during Reggie's tenure)
    S Usama Young(yah)
    P Chris Kluwe(King won out)
    KR Joshua Cribbs(was past his prime when he was signed)

Draft:

Hayden
    Watson
    Moore
    Wilson
    Murray
    Kasa
    McGee
    Rivera
    Butler
    Bass

None of these are of any note.

Free Agents:

Tuck
    Smith
    MJD
    Jones
    Boothe
    Howard
    Sims
    Brown
    Woodley

Draft:

Mack
    Carr
    Jackson
    Ellis
    McGill
    Carrie
    Harris
    Dowling

Top-three picks are as good as they get. Ellis and Carrie will do okay in a rotation, others nothing of note.

Free Agents:

Halu
    Crabtree
    Lee Smith
    Hudson
    Webb
    Alexander
    Lofton
    Malcolm Smith
    Aldon Smith
    Allen
    Williams

Crabtree and Hudson have been really good signings, even if Crabs does drop one occasionally. But Lofton was a huge bust, as was M. Smith, Nate Allen, Halu couldn't stay healthy.

Draft:

Cooper
    Edwards, Jr.
    Walford
    Feliciano
    Heeney
    Bell
    Valles
    Morris
    Debose
    McDonald

Free Agents:

Sean Smith
    Irvin
    Bates
    Riley, Jr.
    Nelson
    Trawick

Smith is getting burned at every whipstitch, so is Nelson, Trawick and Bates were really good ST's who went to Tennessee, PRJ was decent, Irvin seems lost this year.

Draft:

Jospeh
    Ward
    Calhoun
    Cook
    Washington
    James
    Alexander

A little too early yet, but the early returns ain't too good right now. Joseph is solid, but needs help to flourish. Ward is a wasted valuable 2nd round pick, Washington flashes here and there, but is a little careless with the football at times, James runs hot and cold and Alexander is a shaky RT who probably better fitted for OG. Cook must have made eyes at one of Jack's girls.

But this is why Reggie needs canned. Look at all the wasted picks and $ in 5 + years.

Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post

He has whiffed at more draft picks than he's hit,

and has done a terrible job in FA.
    You mean how it usually is with the rest of the league LOL

No he hasn't. His FAs have contributed and helped bring back the team to relevancy. KO, Hudson, Penn, Irvin, Bowman, Crabtree, Patterson, Cook.

There's even more talent this year than last year and that team won 12 games was a Carr injury from the division

Lol at people who think RM is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    a win, I WILL ENJOY IT.
    Same. I don't care season isn't over. Some people love to whine

I'm happy, and surprised, that we won.

Well done gang.

Quote Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
    I'm happy, and surprised, that we won.

Well done gang.
    Stunned that we won, how many balls can our receivers drop. Cutler made to look like MVP candidate. Happy we won but the rest of season is gloomy unless something changes fast. Praying Conley and Amerson come back and play like studs rest of season. Carr starts running more for first downs as teams donít respect it right now and Norton and Downing are relieved of their duties

Just something I noticed Todd had uncovered play sheet visible.

4-5 is better to work with that 3-6, glad the Cowboys did their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Stunned that we won, how many balls can our receivers drop. Cutler made to look like MVP candidate. Happy we won but the rest of season is gloomy unless something changes fast. Praying Conley and Amerson come back and play like studs rest of season. Carr starts running more for first downs as teams donít respect it right now and Norton and Downing are relieved of their duties
    I'm surprised we won too, Cowboys beat the Chiefs and I was almost sure we were going to screw up an opportunity.

A win is a win. It's nice to win.....Guys, I still think 9 wins gets a spot. Tiebreakers will be big. There will be like 3 teams with 9....hope it's us. The games with Miami and the Jets were BIG. If we would have beat Baltimore, we would really be in a decent position. This is assuming that we take care of LA and Denver. Tough road ahead...Can't wait for next game.

Lynch's 2 TDs last night still doesn't arouse my fancy. Yes I was impressed by the 20+ scamper, but he still hasn't made my Christmas list.

Flash, there really wasn't anything flashy about that win. But we took care of business.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast