Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    the answer in my opinion is basically stay healthy for the next 5 years or so and avoid a steep decline in that period and it's fairly straight forward after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    the answer in my opinion is basically stay healthy for the next 5 years or so and avoid a steep decline in that period and it's fairly straight forward after that.
    So you think, if he does that, he'll be Top 10 all-time? Because Kobe is generally ranked in the back half of the Top 10 or just after (11-13).

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Nah I'm with him, its a huge difference that you can't just sure away. Trust me, everyone complaining wishes he settled for something closer to what LeBron did
    I know, and that’s my point, everyone’s wishing he did what lebron did, even tho everyone was hating on lebron for doing what he did. See how quickly they change?

Drop 81 on the Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Durant still did more in his run then kobe did in his.
    Lmao. Smush parker has more on his resume than eclipse embiid and all the other trash on that philly team.

What must Durant do to pass Kobe on your All-Time List?

Ya I am with the group that says it will take a lot more than just joining this loaded team. Valade mentioned Kobe needing to prove himself without shaq to get bumped up to that level and that seems like what it would take for Durant.

Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I know, and that’s my point, everyone’s wishing he did what lebron did, even tho everyone was hating on lebron for doing what he did. See how quickly they change?
    You are talking about two completely different things.

ONE - Not earning your place on the All Time list for not winning alone

TWO - Being knocked on for the team you chose to go to

When Lebron went back to Cleveland, two faded. When he won a championship in Cleveland from a 3-1 deficit, one faded.

KD will have One and Two as negative marks on his resume until his current situation changes drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So you think, if he does that, he'll be Top 10 all-time? Because Kobe is generally ranked in the back half of the Top 10 or just after (11-13).
    pretty much. in my view he established himself as the better player quite a while ago and i'm not one who puts much value in the whole resume argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    pretty much. in my view he established himself as the better player quite a while ago and i'm not one who puts much value in the whole resume argument.
    I'd be very interested to see your list. Would Curry be ahead of Durant? Are they both top 10 to you?

Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    You are talking about two completely different things.

ONE - Not earning your place on the All Time list for not winning alone

TWO - Being knocked on for the team you chose to go to

When Lebron went back to Cleveland, two faded. When he won a championship in Cleveland from a 3-1 deficit, one faded.

KD will have One and Two as negative marks on his resume until his current situation changes drastically.
    Lebron's greatness was undeniable in miami already. I don't know in what planet two faded, he left a beat up miami team to go to a cavs team with one of the best young talents in the game (who ended up developing into the best finisher in the game) and the consensus best power forward in the league (at the time). You don't remember lebron haters saying he did the same thing he did in miami? Cuz that was a pretty regular narrative.

He already started to overcome adversity year 1 in miami. Did you not see the celtics and bulls series? He absolutely carried the heat to victory of them, who would deny that?

You're just pulling things out of ur ***, lebron's greatness in no way hinged on those things you brought up...
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Stop being a coat tail riding little *****
    we're talkin bout kd, not chris paul
    Last edited by Rush; 11-03-2017 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Edited quoted post that dodged the filter.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Stop being a coat tail riding little *****
    Last edited by Rush; 11-03-2017 at 03:44 PM. Reason: DON'T DODGE THE FILTER.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

Honestly, you could make a strong case that he just needs to sustain this level of production for a few more years and win maybe probably two more titles with some continued stellar postseason play. In terms of peak production, Durant has already proved he's a better player at his best than Kobe at his best. What stands out when looking at Kobe's career, however, is his remarkable consistency over that 14-year stretch of excellence and his postseason resume.

But Durant's stretch in eight of the last nine seasons (I'm not counting his 27 games in 14-15) is already amazing in its own right. And his play in the Warriors title run last season helped bolster his nonexistent postseason resume.

All that being said, Durant jumping ship on the Thunder when he did to play for that stacked Warriors team will probably really devalue any titles he wins with Golden State historically. So you could make a case that, even thought rings are overvalued in historical conversations, he needs to come close to matching Kobe in terms of titles for him to surpass him.

And if that Warriors team somehow underachieves and fails to win another title or maybe only wins one more, then it could legitimately kill any chance Durant has at passing Kobe. The other wildcard in this that we can't possibly know is what could happen if Durant leaves Golden State at some point and plays with a less-talented core. If he could bring home a ring with a less talented group, similar to what Lebron did in Cleveland or what Kobe did with that second championship core, that would be a huge boost to his legacy. The likelihood of that happening, though, is really, really low.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If KD joined up with a guy like Butler and a guy like Horford last year (and with an average at best bench), I wouldn't have given him one speck of ****. If Lebron would have joined the Celtics instead of the Heat, I'd have hated on him like many others (including you probably) would have.

And if KD joined the Cavs last year? Same hate that he's currently getting. No idea why it'd be any different since he joined GS.

we're talkin bout kd, not chris paul
    Those two circumstances aren't remotely similar. Durant left a top 3 team in the league at his absolute peak to play for the single greatest regular season team in the history of the NBA. Paul left an underachieving Clippers team in turmoil near the tail end of his prime to play for a slightly better team with a brighter short-term outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast