Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Most GS fans don't really care, and are able to compartmentalize a players skill + legacy with what team they play on. The irrational weirdos in the debate are the guys that you see in online threads like this (see: you), and they don't penetrate the over-arching dialogue concerning his career.
    Lol alright pal. You can't sit there and rationally tell me that Durant is not a ***** though.

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    Lol alright pal. You can't sit there and rationally tell me that Durant is not a ***** though.
    I consider posters like yourself the *****, not the grown man making a decision that he thinks will most benefit his life, specifically knowing the backlash it will bring.

I consider posters like yourself the *****, not the grown man making a decision that he thinks will most benefit his life, specifically knowing the backlash it will bring.
    You don't know me. You think you're big talking big on an internet forum? Give it a break dude

To further that point - I have never once had the slightest issue with another man choosing where he will live and who he will play with, including Lebron (who I endlessly defended on here against the horde of clowns). Hint: I still don't. If you play within the rules (especially when you take the max contract) and come from a position of just wanting to be in the best position for yourself and your family from a business/personal standpoint, more power to you. I'm not a child, I understand how the world works.

To further that point - I have never once had the slightest issue with another man choosing where he will live and who he will play with, including Lebron (who I endlessly defended on here against the horde of clowns). Hint: I still don't. If you play within the rules (especially when you take the max contract) and come from a position of just wanting to be in the best position for yourself and your family from a business/personal standpoint, more power to you. I'm not a child, I understand how the world works.
    no doubt, but there are consequences to such an uncompetitive move, even if it's for the betterment of your situation. It will always follow Durant, because it was an unprecedented level of beta action by someone at a level where we simply expect more balls from.

Look, Durant did what was best for him, he has stayed consistent with the fact that he doesn't care what others think about him. However, even though it doesn't keep him up at night, there is in fact a massive portion of fans that think he vag'ed out. Is what it is.

By no means does it change Durant winning titles, being happy, and doing exactly what he wanted to do. Kudos to him, sometimes decisions benefit and hurt you.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I hear ya. Itís crazy how good this team is. Last year was honestly a warm up and we went 16-1 in the playoffs, and EVEN with a historic shooting night, if we had some decent ref in the first half weíre most likely looking at 16-0 first time in history with a team barely warming up. Itís borderline unreal.

I sit there and I feel bad for other teams. Philly hangs tough thru the half feeling good (philly is gonna be ridic very soon), third quarter we just hit the gas and we gone. They just sitting there like wtf just happened. You could see, these warriors, this might be some sort of thing we ainít never seen before

No pay cuts. No banana boats. Just one sick *** run franchise. So long as we stay healthy and hungry, no reason we shouldnít run the table as constructed

Lebronís gonna have to team up with some major firepower next season in order to give us something to watch. Itís what he always does anyways, heís def the king of that trend. Last time he teamed up he didnít realize where golden state was gonna set the bar, but now he sees so now he can move accordingly. Itíll be fun to see where he goes, and if we can continue this little lebron vs gs thing we got going...
    there has never been a team in sports that got both at once- perfectly run front office, AND luck. It's a double whammy haha. And we are watching the greatest team to ever play the game. I can't remember anywhere near the disparity between the #1, and #2 team in my years of watching.

At least it's not the Lakers, or some annoying team. The Warriors sucked for like 40 years haha, their fans deserve some success. But I still don't like them since last year, and don't think much of KD. Meh

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    He was crucified because he broke a verbal and public promise to a city and team of not leaving til he helps win a championship and he got impatient, and left to create a super team predicted to win 8 titles, and left with a 2-4 record in the playoffs with that team to try and make ANOTHER super team back in Cleveland.

When did Durant do similar? Don't worry, i'll wait.
    He was crusified for going on air to announce his decision.. maybe Cleveland fans were disappointed that the home town kid left them but everyone else had a problem with the way he announced "the decision" as they called it.

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    No one has to tell you. Watch the kd lebron matchup from the finals and tell me who was whoís *****? lol

There nothing to tell you brother, we all saw the same ****, haha

i actually agree with this. not the insult part - obviously, but choosing what will make him happy even though he knows he will get destroyed for it is actually gutsy despite what other people say.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    there has never been a team in sports that got both at once- perfectly run front office, AND luck. It's a double whammy haha. And we are watching the greatest team to ever play the game. I can't remember anywhere near the disparity between the #1, and #2 team in my years of watching.

At least it's not the Lakers, or some annoying team. The Warriors sucked for like 40 years haha, their fans deserve some success. But I still don't like them since last year, and don't think much of KD. Meh
    It certainly has the potential to be the best...

And yes, I donít think the gap from 1 to 2 has ever been this wide in the 4 major sports

I obviously fully understand the hate and am fine with it, but I'm not going to entertain the notion that he can't be considered better than "X" player simply because of where he's playing. I know what level of ball KD is capable of, pre/during/post Warriors. If he proves to be better than Kobe (I think he is) for longer than Kobe (we will see), then he's better than Kobe. Period.

I disagree with that first part.. there was a huge Gap of the Bulls and the rest of the league at the time. If MJ wasn't gone for 2 years a lot of ppl think he would have 8 rings.

I obviously fully understand the hate and am fine with it, but I'm not going to entertain the notion that he can't be considered better than "X" player simply because of where he's playing. I know what level of ball KD is capable of, pre/during/post Warriors. If he proves to be better than Kobe (I think he is) for longer than Kobe (we will see), then he's better than Kobe. Period.
    But the hate isn't on the team it's on the player... the team has done nothing wrong at all.

You have to admit there's something difficult to accept about a top 2 talent joining a 72 win team, from the players stand point it's the very definition of riding coattails.. When comparing legacies that does matter imo.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    But the hate isn't on the team it's on the player... the team has done nothing wrong at all.

You have to admit there's something difficult to accept about a top 2 talent joining a 72 win team, from the players stand point it's the very definition of riding coattails.. When comparing legacies that does matter imo.
    Concerning the hate, I think the line has been muddled and people really only differentiate when pressed. As I've said a hundred times I understand the hate on KD, but I don't think proper weight is given given the fact that nobody (certainly less than 3 times in history max) of his caliber has actually ever been in that position (to be a free agent as a top player and able to sign for the max with the top team).

Ultimately, I get it, and I simply don't care. It comes off as extremely childish to warp your rankings based on a grown man's honest decision, and not his actual on-court impact. I'd rather more hate be placed on the dead-beat dad's and wife-beaters, if we're being real about off-court input here.

Concerning the hate, I think the line has been muddled and people really only differentiate when pressed. As I've said a hundred times I understand the hate on KD, but I don't think proper weight is given given the fact that nobody (certainly less than 3 times in history max) of his caliber has actually ever been in that position (to be a free agent as a top player and able to sign for the max with the top team).

Ultimately, I get it, and I simply don't care. It comes off as extremely childish to warp your rankings based on a grown man's honest decision, and not his actual on-court impact. I'd rather more hate be placed on the dead-beat dad's and wife-beaters, if we're being real about off-court input here.
    It's not childish at all. The man shied away from competition. That's hard to respect in competitive sports.

Durant got his ring riding the coat tails of a team that did it with out him and really didn't need him at all. The same team that just won 72 games, ran through him on their way to a championship, and we're already on their way to being a dynasty with out him... Again, it's something to consider man.

All these other players teaming up weren't going to teams that were winning ships with out them and setting all time records for most wins. They were forming to try and create something like that..

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast